Low end sputter, hesitation

If your CB has an actual problem, sending an ECU "out" is not going to "fix" a problem. And also, sending an ECU without having the CB on his Dyno is just guess work, that is why last year, Don needed a CB to tweak the ECU while IN the CB and ON the Dyno. I brought mine in and he did that, it helped overall performance, I still had the hesitation you seem to be describing, I was lucky, mine was fixed by the throttle trick. My CB has the Staintune while on Dyno.
The ECU flash Don is doing, based on having my CB in his shop did the following.
Air/Fuel mixture - slightly richer, probably close to the default PCV map available on their website
Timing - Advanced in most lower gears
RPM/Throttle limiter raised or removed.
He did my Dyno with pair valve in place, like OEM
I never did block my pair valve again because it runs OK with it in and I did not like the gas fumes when blocked.
So, you may have a problem, the ECU flash is not causing it , but will not fix it either. If you have a good running CB to start, the ECU flash will improve performance, if you want custom ECU tweaks due to other mods, they would just be guessing without having your bike too.
 
Thread starter
Hiker, I Know all the things he did as you mention above, but I told him all I really care about is smoothing out the bike. He said it would and others said it would too. Im just bummed it didnt and wish I saved the money. I was told sending it "out" should work to "fix" the problem. But shame on me for taking other peoples word for it on what seemed to be a very common issue. The post you were replying to I was venting some frustration, and I maybe shouldnt have. So I apologize for that.
 
Try this?
b495fd5c2e8226b8b1de7e219a0d0c52.jpg
 
NHCB_imp said:
Hiker, I Know all the things he did as you mention above, but I told him all I really care about is smoothing out the bike. He said it would and others said it would too. Im just bummed it didnt and wish I saved the money. I was told sending it "out" should work to "fix" the problem. But shame on me for taking other peoples word for it on what seemed to be a very common issue. The post you were replying to I was venting some frustration, and I maybe shouldnt have. So I apologize for that.
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
 
The ferret_imp said:
NHCB_imp said:
Hiker, I Know all the things he did as you mention above, but I told him all I really care about is smoothing out the bike. He said it would and others said it would too. Im just bummed it didnt and wish I saved the money. I was told sending it "out" should work to "fix" the problem. But shame on me for taking other peoples word for it on what seemed to be a very common issue. The post you were replying to I was venting some frustration, and I maybe shouldnt have. So I apologize for that.
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
Remind me what the throttle trick is ?
 
Posted by NHCB: Turn key on, twist throttle to full and back twice, turn key off, then back on and start. Supposedly this resets the tps.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
NHCB_imp said:
Hiker, I Know all the things he did as you mention above, but I told him all I really care about is smoothing out the bike. He said it would and others said it would too. Im just bummed it didnt and wish I saved the money. I was told sending it "out" should work to "fix" the problem. But shame on me for taking other peoples word for it on what seemed to be a very common issue. The post you were replying to I was venting some frustration, and I maybe shouldnt have. So I apologize for that.
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
I agree we need to rely on eachothers experiences, thats why I came to this forum. I greatly appreciate everyones opinions and ideas. I will continue to post the things I try to let everyone know what does or does not help. And eventually when I do figure out my issue, hopefully it can help someone else. What I dont appreciate is the "quotations".
I am going to try the o2 sensor delete and will let everyone know how that goes. Also My bike will be on the dyno in a week or so, so we'll se what that tells. I did try the techron, and always use good fuel and use startron for winter storage.
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and ideas.:thumbsup:
 
NHCB_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
NHCB_imp said:
Hiker, I Know all the things he did as you mention above, but I told him all I really care about is smoothing out the bike. He said it would and others said it would too. Im just bummed it didnt and wish I saved the money. I was told sending it "out" should work to "fix" the problem. But shame on me for taking other peoples word for it on what seemed to be a very common issue. The post you were replying to I was venting some frustration, and I maybe shouldnt have. So I apologize for that.
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
I agree we need to rely on eachothers experiences, thats why I came to this forum. I greatly appreciate everyones opinions and ideas. I will continue to post the things I try to let everyone know what does or does not help. And eventually when I do figure out my issue, hopefully it can help someone else. What I dont appreciate is the "quotations".
I am going to try the o2 sensor delete and will let everyone know how that goes. Also My bike will be on the dyno in a week or so, so we'll se what that tells. I did try the techron, and always use good fuel and use startron for winter storage.
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and ideas.:thumbsup:
We have to rely on each others experiences if factory trained mechanics can't sort something out, and apparently the reflash did work for others, while Sea Foam and techron worked for others, and the throttle trick worked for yet others.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon, but I imagine there are any number of members that would swap you their stock ecu for a reflashed one.
I agree we need to rely on eachothers experiences, thats why I came to this forum. I greatly appreciate everyones opinions and ideas. I will continue to post the things I try to let everyone know what does or does not help. And eventually when I do figure out my issue, hopefully it can help someone else. What I dont appreciate is the "quotations".
I am going to try the o2 sensor delete and will let everyone know how that goes. Also My bike will be on the dyno in a week or so, so we'll se what that tells. I did try the techron, and always use good fuel and use startron for winter storage.
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and ideas.:thumbsup:
Let me know where you end up buying it from, it helped ACK, so i'm going to give it shot too.
 
I offended you by quoting you? I apologize sir, won't happen again.
 
In a previous life I ran a nightclub. What I learned over my 20 years there was that it was not the day of the full moon that made the natives howl, but 4 days before and 4 days after. Full moon is on May 4th. Okay so its 5 days away.....close enough
 
I've noticed its been a little more snippy than usual on the board lately.
 
Men get "that" too. :-) Our bikes are what helps us cope with life. If they are not working well, we get anxious. On topic; fuel injection in my experience is not as smooth as carbs. I was in a friend's Mercedes the other day. It was horrible off the bottom. Cadillac CTS Deville V8. Wow. Supreme. - So the CB should be fine off the bottom too. Engineers rode it and rode it and rode it again. I would expect the EPA to lean it out. Rode the new Bonneville fuel injected bike. Let off the gas and she just dies fuel wise. Carbed one just goes bumbiddybumbiddybumbiddy and keeps on letting a bit of fuel into the motor. So many bikes people have added power commanders, air cleaners and pipes to fix the issue. I've always had to keep my throttle hand open just a tad instead of letting off the gas completely. Wife's Mitsubishi Galant did the same thing. Suzuki TU250 was spot on.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I offended you by quoting you? I apologize sir, won't happen again.
Sorry Ferret that wasn't towards you. It was a previous post talking about me sending "out" my ecu to get "fixed".

Nhawk, your right, when my bike its not well it makes me anxious. Mechanical problems are not big deal as I turn wrenches every day. But things like this fuel or electrical problem drive me crazy.
 
I have a correction, i went back a little later and checked my work with a vacuum guage, they were off just a little.. But theose screws are for sure the idle screws. Im positive. Vac guage raises and lowers with movement of the screw..
 
Thread starter
So my o2 eliminator came in yesterday. Very fast shipping from the UK. I got it off Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221639679815?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It Worked! the bike is smooth any where from 1-3000 rpm. So riding in traffic or through town will no longer be frusrating. High Rpm's are still awesome as they always have been. Iv only put 20 or so miles on with it but absolutely a huge improvement. So we'll see how it goes after some more mileage. Thanks everyone for your Ideas and thanks Siggy for bringing the o2 eliminator to my attention.
I do still plan on getting my bike on the Dyno, with and with out the eliminator to see what it shows.
 
Well that's great news. Congrats!
 
Back
Top