Live to Ride...Ride to Eat

Hey I'm having that for dinner tonight! Mmmmmmmmm a family favorite. We eat it at least once a week.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey I'm having that for dinner tonight! Mmmmmmmmm a family favorite. We eat it at least once a week.
Hey ferret, know those little white pills you take ? Take 2 of them tomorrow. You should be ok. :clap:
 
:rofl: :hello:

Acually last night I had rice and baked chicken and the night before that I had salad an a grilled pork chop. I think I earned the pasta.
 
Hey Stichill... just thought I'd mention a couple of places for you to try (if you haven't already ... although they are on this side of the river)

Ribbers... Portsmouth Ohio, great steaks! We ride there a couple times a year for one. Nice ride down ST RT 125 through Shawnee State Forest and I know some great curvy roads coming back
Quatman Cafe...Norwood Ohio (on corner of Quatman Ave and Montgomery Road)... great burger and fries. No good way to get there, but worth the trip. Been eating there a couple times a year since 1968
Rockin Robins... Ripley, Ohio right along the river..another great burger and fries or I often get the club sandwich and fries
Sammy's Blue Ash, Ohio another great place for Burger and fries
Dickeys BBQ... Amelia Ohio..good pulled pork sandwiches

BTW I put Gracie's in the plans for our fall Men's Trip this year.
 
Great thread Stichill - I"ll definitely be checking this for spots when planning out future rides.

That Skyline 3-Way commercial is amazing.

Don't know if I could have chili before/during a ride though. It always gives me the toots. Maybe I could count on it for a bit of turbo boost at times?
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Ferret, if you're a fan of chicken fried steak, I've got a treat waiting for you in Walden, CO. And the ride there is awfully good, too.
Yea baby! I'd eat me some chicken fried steak in a heartbeat! Pencil that in!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Hey Stichill... just thought I'd mention a couple of places for you to try (if you haven't already ... although they are on this side of the river)

Ribbers... Portsmouth Ohio, great steaks! We ride there a couple times a year for one. Nice ride down ST RT 125 through Shawnee State Forest and I know some great curvy roads coming back
Quatman Cafe...Norwood Ohio (on corner of Quatman Ave and Montgomery Road)... great burger and fries. No good way to get there, but worth the trip. Been eating there a couple times a year since 1968
Rockin Robins... Ripley, Ohio right along the river..another great burger and fries or I often get the club sandwich and fries
Sammy's Blue Ash, Ohio another great place for Burger and fries
Dickeys BBQ... Amelia Ohio..good pulled pork sandwiches

BTW I put Gracie's in the plans for our fall Men's Trip this year.
Hey thanks for the tips! Sadly I saw on Facebook that Gracie's Place in Stamping Ground has closed their doors! :(

==============================

Not a ride but dang fine food! Knotty Pine on the Bayou, a Louisiana Cajun-style restaurant here in Northern Kentucky.

3 lbs / 2,5 kg crawfish appetizer. We shared this among six men.

The crawfish.





How to eat:

1. Grasp the body and tail and pull the tail off.
2. Some suck on the head/body. Not me...I discard.
3. Peel back the first ring of the shell on the tail and pull off the two feet that adjoin it.
4. Lightly squeeze the back of the tail while pulling on the meat to remove it from the shell.
5. Remove the dark vein.
6. Eat.
7. Repeat.

These were delectable. Salty, spicy, and bursting with seafood flavor. Here is a small part of the carcass pile:



My entrée: Oysters Bienville, baked on the half-shell with bread crumbs, Parmesan & Romano cheeses, topped with green onions and creole sauce. Preceded by a house salad with bleu cheese and accompanied by collard greens and boiled red potatoes (not pictured).


Classic burger and waffle fries at Howard's Place in Falmouth, Kentucky Saturday a week ago. Not an awesome burger but still beats fast food.



So mad at myself; forgot to snap a pic of some awesome appetizers we ate in La Grange, Kentucky on Sunday a week ago!

The name of the restaurant was [url=http://www.onenineteenwestmain.com/homehours]One Nineteen West Main. From the menu description: "Kettle Chip Nachos: Crispy kettle chips, melty cheese sauce, a dollop of sour cream, crushed bacon, and spicy(ish) ranch dressing!"

The other appetizer was fried Reuben (corned beef) won tons with a side of thousand island dressing.
 
There isn't a thing I would put in my mouth in those first 4 pics. I don't eat bait lol

Cheeseburger in 5th pic looks good though

sorry to hear about Gracie's... was looking forward to it
 
:rofl: Yea I have to eat off the childs menu at a lot of places

I eat Mexican Chicken fingers, Italian chicken fingers, Tai Chicken fingers ...you get the drift
 
The ferret_imp said:
There isn't a thing I would put in my mouth in those first 4 pics. I don't eat bait lol

Cheeseburger in 5th pic looks good though

sorry to hear about Gracie's... was looking forward to it
Exactly!
 
My wife and I were in a seafood restaurant in Bar Harbor one time on a New England bike trip (my wife likes seafood) and I tried ordering the chicken fingers off the kids menu. The waitress said "I'm sorry sir, but that menu is only for people 10 years old and younger". I said " You do realize that you work mainly for tips and that I would be the tipper don't you?". She brought me the chicken fingers.

Another night we went out and we tried several restaurants there overlooking the harbor and all they served was seafood. Finally at the door of another restaurant I asked the greeter if they served any beef. The guy looked at me like I had 3 eyes and said with hesitation " I guess I could make you a hamburger." Perfect! My wife had lobster, I had a burger and we sat on a balcony overlooking the harbor watching the gulls and ships. First place I ever saw Fish Taco's which made no sense to me. My wife tried them and liked them though. I'd rather have a hot dog.
 
Thread starter
I tried fish tacos in San Diego. Disgusting.

And I say that as a guy who likes sushi and tuna salad sandwiches.
 
I like some of the milder seafoods: shrimp, halibut, cod, scallops wrapped in bacon, etc. In Littleton, Massachusetts there is a Fishbones Restaurant that a buddy and I visit each fall while visiting friends. Nothing nicer that an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops with a bottle of Riesling wine.

Except for shrimp cocktail, Penny would never eat fish. Then one day she tried some of the battered halibut that I had ordered. "This doesn't taste fishy" she remarked. "Good fish shouldn't taste fishy" I replied.

Next thing I know she is telling me about Don's Fish and Chips in Brockville, Ontario about an hour from our home. The place is just a small step above a food truck. No tables or chairs, but packed with people waiting for their order of deep fried battered cod or halibut with a side of chips (French fries) wrapped in newspaper like the English do.

We drive two blocks away to a park overlooking the St. Lawrence River to eat. Lots of picnic tables full of like minded people. As is normal, they give you way more French fries than you can possibly eat. So when we were done I took the leftovers and made a pile in the middle of the park. I had to immediately duck and run as the seagulls came screaming in like fighter aircraft. I laughed, but the wife was not amused.
 
Stichill_imp said:
I tried fish tacos in San Diego. Disgusting.

And I say that as a guy who likes sushi and tuna salad sandwiches.
I LOVED the fish tacos I had in San Diego.

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

;)
 
Thread starter
Ha ha! Well, they weren't really disgusting, just not worth the trouble. I thought they were incredibly bland actually.
 
Did you go to Rubio's for your fish tacos? They're the original (in the U.S.) and by far the best, especially if you opt for the Pesky Combo. Others I've tried (Qdoba, etc.) pale by comparison and are not worth the bother. The only thing better in the whole wide world than Rubio's fish tacos are the local fish tacos you buy fresh at the beach in San Felipe, MX. Of course, that's where Ralph Rubio had his first taste. The rest is history.
 
Back
Top