the Ferret
Road warrior
I think I ate Weinersnitzel and pom fritas about 9 days straight when I went to Germany lol. Funny story behind that I will share sometime.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Gewürztraminer is fine, too. Have you tried Edelzwicker? I guess, you would like it, too.Django_imp said:Gewürztraminer is fine, too. Have you tried Edelzwicker? I guess, you would like it, too.4 Paws_imp said:Figures I'd find a bunch of gourmets and connoisseurs on a CB1100 forum.
Django, asparagus in season here also but I prefer gewurztraminer.
Your asparagus is white. That is probably lighter tasting than the green asparagus here. Like the Hollandaise sauce!Django_imp said:Here in Germany the asparagus season is starting right now and a Riesling would complement very well.The ferret_imp said:LongRanger_imp said:I never had biscuits and gravy until last month. Not for me. I've still never had grits, hash or crawfish.
:rofl: I love talking food. Peoples tastes are so different. I am about as picky as they come, but can't imagine not eating biscuits and gravy or corned beef hash or grits. (you can keeo the Crawfish..more bait)
And I'm not eating anything but the steak at Nortoons house with a cup of hot tea please. You can have all the wine and whatever Reisling is. Never acquired the taste for alcohol.
![]()
However, you shouldn't ride after a bottle of Riesling (to be on topic)
Ketchup enhances anything it touches.The ferret_imp said:LOL Catsup or Ketchup (depending on which way you learned to spell it) is my go to condiment for most any meat
I remove the skin first. An oil based marinade and brushing the grill with canola oil helps to prevent sticking. Even with all that I still lose about 10% through the grates, lol.Nortoon_imp said:Despite our 6 month winters here, I keep my BBQ in the garage so I can grill all year long. Nothing smells better than a couple of thick rib steaks on the cold winter air. Even the coyotes in the bush down the street agree. They start yapping about 10 minutes after I start.curlyjoe_imp said:I'm always happiest when I'm grilling burgers and dogs. I grill steaks, salmon, swordfish, chicken and a turkey tenderloin when my wife can find one but burgers and dogs are my favorite.
Weird, huh?![]()
This has been has been our TGIF supper for decades: crusty buns warmed in the oven, Caesar salad, caramelized onions, pan fried button mushrooms, rib steaks grilled medium rare, and a bottle of Beaujolais. A little extra has been added lately, Quebec goat cheese with maple syrup flavouring. Place a good chunk on the side of your plate, mush your fork into it, stab a good forkful of salad, and enjoy the garlic taste of the salad followed by the creamy taste of the cheese and maple syrup.
My other favourite is thick lamb chops. Three minutes a side leaves them medium rare. The coyotes also approve. Potatoes cut in chunks, lightly boiled, then brushed with butter, lightly sprinkled with salt and pepper, and browned in the oven using the broil setting. Brussel sprouts or asparagus with cheese sauce, and a bottle of hearty Italian Merlot.
Never had any luck with salmon. It stuck to the grill, tin foil, cedar plank, etc. Finally gave up and have Penny bake it. She uses a lightly greased piece of parchment paper in a rectangular ceramic pan. With the skin side down, she brushes the top with maple syrup with a touch of soya sauce added. 20 to 25 minutes leaves it moist and flakey. Served with skin and gray fat removed, a side of steamed fried rice, and a bottle of German Riesling.
Der weiße Spargel! I'm very envious!Django_imp said:Here in Germany the asparagus season is starting right now and a Riesling would complement very well.The ferret_imp said:LongRanger_imp said:I never had biscuits and gravy until last month. Not for me. I've still never had grits, hash or crawfish.
:rofl: I love talking food. Peoples tastes are so different. I am about as picky as they come, but can't imagine not eating biscuits and gravy or corned beef hash or grits. (you can keeo the Crawfish..more bait)
And I'm not eating anything but the steak at Nortoons house with a cup of hot tea please. You can have all the wine and whatever Reisling is. Never acquired the taste for alcohol.
![]()
However, you shouldn't ride after a bottle of Riesling (to be on topic)


I'd recommend a $30 Australian, say a 1999 Jacob's Creek Centenary Hill Shiraz. (As if I actually know the first thing about wine in general or Aussie wine in particular, lol!Cormanus_imp said:Great report, Stichill.
I might just ease the cork out of a bottle of red in anticipation of a steak.
)Dang! I figgered you're all packin' and so forth for the big ride! :biker:The ferret_imp said:Good thing you didn't call me first or instead of helping my wife rearrange my lawn tool shed after this mornings ride, I have ridden 100 miles south east to Portsmouth for a steak with Stichill, and that tool shed would still be a mess lol
Are those good steaks or what? Did you take the opportunity to visit the mural wall?
Btw the ribs are not ribs like one would expect, it's a cut of meat that includes part of the filet mignon attached to one rib, and resembles a large bone in pork chop