Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

I like it sometimes when OneDrive or Facebook sends you "memories", pictures from the same day a certain number of years ago.

Just got one from OneDrive. This must have been from late May of 2019, about a month after I bought my 2013, based on the original silver side panels and original tires. I would have just installed the fork-mounted spotlights that I pulled from the R1200R I sold to buy my Honda.

[attachment=250]
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_4797.webp
    thumbnail_IMG_4797.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 69
Gone in 60 said:
I like it sometimes when OneDrive or Facebook sends you "memories", pictures from the same day a certain number of years ago.

Just got one from OneDrive. This must have been from late May of 2019, about a month after I bought my 2013, based on the original silver side panels and original tires. I would have just installed the fork-mounted spotlights that I pulled from the R1200R I sold to buy my Honda.

That top box is quite large. Do you still use that?
 
Not really any more... that's my V47, which as you can see is black and has a lot of silver trim. It looked great with my black and silver R1200R, but doesn't blend extremely well with a classic-style bike. 

My go-to is a smaller E36, which looks more like an old-school hard suitcase and doesn't have Givi's fake taillight frippery. It's great for commuting with my computer, lunch and other daily stuff. The V47 is handy for carrying more stuff, obviously. Particularly for overnight trips or my weekend commute to the museum, where I need to take quite a bit - a uniform, shoes, gear, etc. 

I had been hunting for a long-discontinued E45 Monokey box that is basically the E36 but larger. It has the same basic look as the E36 and can carry as much as the V47. I got lucky earlier this year and found one on Facebook that wasn't too trashed. I cleaned it up and refurbished it, and made it look as close to new as possible. I now use that for larger needs, and it can also swallow a helmet, which the E36 cannot. When my bike is in the parking garage at the museum, I like to pull out a duffle bag with all of my stuff for the day, drop in my helmet and lock it up. That way I'm only carrying one thing into the building, and my helmet is secure and out-of-sight.

I might get off my butt and sell the V47. It's in perfect condition. 
Whoops said:
That top box is quite large. Do you still use that?
 
When I came over to this version of the forum, there was nowhere to enter my location (where on the earth I live). But now I notice that some have their location visible under their name, as in the old version, and others, like me, do not. 
What am I missing?
Thanks.
 
Two pictures of the summertour 2025 with my girlfriend on the CB. Now we are near Malmö in Lund/South Sweden. Have formerly been in Copenhagen for a few days.

[attachment=519]

[attachment=520]
 

Attachments

  • 20250731_124606_copy_2016x1512.webp
    20250731_124606_copy_2016x1512.webp
    811.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 20250731_180305_copy_1512x2016.webp
    20250731_180305_copy_1512x2016.webp
    727.6 KB · Views: 116
Not a photo for the monthly challenge, but on my way home yesterday in some nice midwest fall weather I got caught in a very small rain shower and got blessed with a wonderful rainbow! Had to stop and take a picture.

[attachment=634]
 

Attachments

  • cb rainbow.webp
    cb rainbow.webp
    439.4 KB · Views: 89
My CB1100RS

oyLYy3o.jpeg

cE0Q1cP.jpeg

utZrxLz.jpeg
 
Took a spin up through my "lake route" a few days ago. I don't normally stop and take as many pictures as I would like. I get in a zone and just enjoy the zen too much. I did stop at a viewpoint though and realized my "back rest" bag strap had come lose and the exhaust melted it. Oops.

TWNOjnB.jpg


a5I9Sjp.jpg
 
Very nice Whoops. Looks like a stunning place to ride
 
Looks like a great place to ride. I wouldn't want to stop, either. Thanks for the photo.


Looks like a great place to ride. I wouldn't want to stop, either. Thanks for the photo.
 
Beautiful motorcycle and a great ride. We have all lost a strap from time to time. :) Ride safely and follow your Zen. David
 
Back
Top