Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

downtown Oklahoma city
e7cf9c6da6eeca856f514c05424f172f.jpg

c6cedf3bbabc00cadcfba4a871490bbc.jpg
 
Had to go see a mountain about a lake. This is not too far from Park City, Utah. This man-made reservoir is one of many speckled throughout the desert mountains that catch spring snowmelt which then is processed into water for irrigation as well as residential culinary.

2fdb102e92a8092a2761a02b7482fbd4.jpeg
 
131 consecutive months of riding my CB1100. Short ride because my 63 year old fingers, frost bitten on a fateful fall ride a few years ago, get pretty painful on freezing cold days like today. I’ll need to my hands, and probably my feet, wired up as the grip heaters do not really warm my finger tips.

23° today, but sunny and beautiful. The short ride left me time for a cigar and bourbon outside before the early sunset.

0b6634975586ac6c156744004e65ad3e.jpg

833ef46f331fed3ec4a8ef378910c599.jpg

7b92e2a9bdedf757c5c7250d1014a311.jpg

d6f959dd2d15554dc1c128bdfda4f2dd.jpg

ac3d7c9881ba1b5bcf8a0381f8b4e85e.jpg

34dd7a7c0eb4319356d967084e1daddb.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
.....131 consecutive months of riding my CB1100..Wow this is good achaivement....
...but how do you fit your big cigar while riding in a full-face helmet? :)
You need 22 more miles to have five magic 6s
 
I’ve actually considered ways to have a cigar while riding, but there are a couple of issues. First, I smoke good (read that as “more expensive”) sticks and they would be wasted in the fast-burning environment of a moving motorcycle. Second, I have enough to do just to keep myself upright; I don’t need another variable in the mix.

Not only am I closing in on 66,666, but when I get to 67,727, I’ll have 100,000 total CB1100 miles (2 bikes). Always looking for milestones.
 
Congrats Sea on all counts

131 months of consecutive riding,

and 100,000 miles (soon) on CB 1100's.
 
Congratulations on more milestones EmptySea. When I was young I was known to smoke the odd cigarette as I rode. Not recommended.
 
Whoops_imp said:
Rdprdp01_imp said:
Foothill Road
Pleasanton, CA

Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park

e40ab0db0bafb193f22dbdb1d24a0d3b.jpeg

01a10745176afd416851f3613578d7d0.jpeg

6a53ddf4e934ed4951c3fc69755d07bd.jpeg
This is the first time I noticed your calipers have been painted red. Did you do that or was it that way when you bought the bike?

It's subtle, but flashy at the same time. I kind of like it.
This is the first time I noticed your calipers have been painted red. Did you do that or was it that way when you bought the bike?

It's subtle, but flashy at the same time. I kind of like it.
Pardon my delay in answering your question. I thought I had but it appears that I did not actually post my reply. My bad. The calibers were stock when i purchased the motorcycle. I painted them, using Honda Candy Red. I like the look, too. I believe it creates a nice balance or tension or whatever with the beautiful tank. :)
EmptySea_imp said:
I’ve actually considered ways to have a cigar while riding, but there are a couple of issues. First, I smoke good (read that as “more expensive”) sticks and they would be wasted in the fast-burning environment of a moving motorcycle. Second, I have enough to do just to keep myself upright; I don’t need another variable in the mix.

Not only am I closing in on 66,666, but when I get to 67,727, I’ll have 100,000 total CB1100 miles (2 bikes). Always looking for milestones.
Congratulations and nicely done. Please stay upright. I am sure you have at least another 100,000 miles left to ride. David
 
New moto-themed coffee shop opened up yesterday about 2 miles from my house. I rode over this morning and was mildly perturbed to learn that some squid on a 250 Ninja had been the first customer to ride in. I was the second. Doh.

Looks like this will be a good meet up point for small group rides this summer. Super-nice owner and good coffee (they have tea too.
77efd1fe67887a07b703b21660dc7875.jpg


14d26fac66115113c8f65a6dc0cc6b6e.jpg


ee4d45ed936d503174fde037f64db336.jpg


3319b7681808c774c305d908f428e71e.jpg


0b69560d20950f69156c0eb00e30ea33.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yes. The bay doors will open in summer months. He has some Mc apparel and a few parts like custom bars and such. Just opened yesterday and it’s going to take time for him to find what works, but the place as a lot of potential fir enthusiasts.
 
It's a neat idea, converting gas station into coffee shop. I rode by yesterday on my way to work looking for a simple, wood structure lunch spot I used to visit 6 years ago on the same trip I'm on now. It was closed, ferns and other plants growing up and over the openings in the wood slats, and it seemed to be leaning to one side. An opportunity for someone.
 
A photo at the westernmost point of continental Europe, overlooking the vast Atlantic Ocean. During my lunch break while working from home, I enjoy taking short motorcycle rides to relieve stress.

 
Nice

Man, you guys get some real billboard license plates lol
 
Back
Top