Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
if they don't charge me more i aint chargin you more. there's NO PROFIT on those calendars. I won't budge on that point.
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
 
pdedse_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
if they don't charge me more i aint chargin you more. there's NO PROFIT on those calendars. I won't budge on that point.
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
Or: " ... I didn't know steam engines, err, ... I mean dino-powered (gas?) internal combustion (Did I get that right, granddaddy?) engines could move that fast.

Grandpa - Did they have flying bicycles (They are called 'motorcycles', grandson) like they do today?

Hey look grandpa! That mo-tor-cy-cle is of the same brand as our robo-chef, 'Honda'. ... "
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
if they don't charge me more i aint chargin you more. there's NO PROFIT on those calendars. I won't budge on that point.
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
Or: " ... I didn't know steam engines, err, ... I mean dino-powered (gas?) internal combustion (Did I get that right, granddaddy?) engines could move that fast.

Grandpa - Did they have flying bicycles (They are called 'motorcycles', grandson) like they do today?

Hey look grandpa! That mo-tor-cy-cle is of the same brand as our robo-chef, 'Honda'. ... "
I tell my children that their children will laugh at the idea that their mom/dad actually had to carry around a 3"x6" inch "brick" that could be lost/stolen/dropped, that clothing had special pockets just for these antiquated pieces of technology...

...because brain-chip implants will replace cell phones. Hard 2-second blink both eyes opens the "screen" your brain sees, your thoughts and eye movement control the internet pages / messages / photos / videos. Think "google", blink and the google screen opens. Think "call mom", blink and you can hear mom's voice inside your head. You don't have to talk, just think the thoughts and mom "hears" your thoughts in her brain.

They laugh and say, "yeah, right"...kinda like my sibs and I used to do when 'mad scientists' would tell us one day phones won't have chords and that we could just carry them around wherever we went.

; )
 
Do you really want mom to hear your thoughts? :huh:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Do you really want mom to hear your thoughts? :huh:
Heh, heh, pdedse - I think you are on to sumthin' with "Google Blink". I can only imagine all the lawsuits settled before the technology becomes stable and clean of malware. :dodgy:

Nevertheless, can see it being practical with the CB1100 and most of the riding community.

And yeah, I suppose some may not wish to have a parent hear, or hear a parent's thought, especially if the parent has passed some time ago.
 
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
if they don't charge me more i aint chargin you more. there's NO PROFIT on those calendars. I won't budge on that point.
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
Or: " ... I didn't know steam engines, err, ... I mean dino-powered (gas?) internal combustion (Did I get that right, granddaddy?) engines could move that fast.

Grandpa - Did they have flying bicycles (They are called 'motorcycles', grandson) like they do today?

Hey look grandpa! That mo-tor-cy-cle is of the same brand as our robo-chef, 'Honda'. ... "
I tell my children that their children will laugh at the idea that their mom/dad actually had to carry around a 3"x6" inch "brick" that could be lost/stolen/dropped, that clothing had special pockets just for these antiquated pieces of technology...

...because brain-chip implants will replace cell phones. Hard 2-second blink both eyes opens the "screen" your brain sees, your thoughts and eye movement control the internet pages / messages / photos / videos. Think "google", blink and the google screen opens. Think "call mom", blink and you can hear mom's voice inside your head. You don't have to talk, just think the thoughts and mom "hears" your thoughts in her brain.

They laugh and say, "yeah, right"...kinda like my sibs and I used to do when 'mad scientists' would tell us one day phones won't have chords and that we could just carry them around wherever we went.

; )
I mean all your jeans still have a pocket for a timepiece and NOBODY knows what it's for. it's just there waiting for a pocket watch that nobody uses. they still sew that pocket into your jeans in 2023. WHY???.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
if they don't charge me more i aint chargin you more. there's NO PROFIT on those calendars. I won't budge on that point.
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
Or: " ... I didn't know steam engines, err, ... I mean dino-powered (gas?) internal combustion (Did I get that right, granddaddy?) engines could move that fast.

Grandpa - Did they have flying bicycles (They are called 'motorcycles', grandson) like they do today?

Hey look grandpa! That mo-tor-cy-cle is of the same brand as our robo-chef, 'Honda'. ... "
I tell my children that their children will laugh at the idea that their mom/dad actually had to carry around a 3"x6" inch "brick" that could be lost/stolen/dropped, that clothing had special pockets just for these antiquated pieces of technology...

...because brain-chip implants will replace cell phones. Hard 2-second blink both eyes opens the "screen" your brain sees, your thoughts and eye movement control the internet pages / messages / photos / videos. Think "google", blink and the google screen opens. Think "call mom", blink and you can hear mom's voice inside your head. You don't have to talk, just think the thoughts and mom "hears" your thoughts in her brain.

They laugh and say, "yeah, right"...kinda like my sibs and I used to do when 'mad scientists' would tell us one day phones won't have chords and that we could just carry them around wherever we went.

; )
I mean all your jeans still have a pocket for a timepiece and NOBODY knows what it's for. it's just there waiting for a pocket watch that nobody uses. they still sew that pocket into your jeans in 2023. WHY???.
... and a change pouch in the
pocket.

Change? Who carries change anymore?

And if you did and donated it to a street person, they would still hold their hand out saying, "Is that all there is?" :(​
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Do you really want mom to hear your thoughts? :huh:
Hard 'right blink'...edits out any "not for mom" thoughts....come on, they've worked this out. Maybe CebChip (cerebal chip implant) versions prior to 3.1 allowed a few "unedited" thoughts to get through, but CebChip14 is the bomb.
 
:rofl:

OK. I’ll get a reflash to 14.0 today.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
if they don't charge me more i aint chargin you more. there's NO PROFIT on those calendars. I won't budge on that point.
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
I know it's a labor of love on your part, and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Your calendar efforts are much appreciated!
If that bottomed out speedo needle does make the calendar, I can alreay see it: 30 years from now one of our grandchildren will find an ol' 2024 calendar stashed away under a bunch of boxes out in the shed. He'll flip through the dog-eared calender pages and ask his motorcycle history buff dad about this and that photo. When dad sees the speedo photo at 125mph, he'll pause and utter "wait-a-minute...this can't be right...these things had a rev limiter of 112mph"...and that's when grandson/daughter will ask that insightful question...

..."what's a revlimitur for, daddy?"
Or: " ... I didn't know steam engines, err, ... I mean dino-powered (gas?) internal combustion (Did I get that right, granddaddy?) engines could move that fast.

Grandpa - Did they have flying bicycles (They are called 'motorcycles', grandson) like they do today?

Hey look grandpa! That mo-tor-cy-cle is of the same brand as our robo-chef, 'Honda'. ... "
I tell my children that their children will laugh at the idea that their mom/dad actually had to carry around a 3"x6" inch "brick" that could be lost/stolen/dropped, that clothing had special pockets just for these antiquated pieces of technology...

...because brain-chip implants will replace cell phones. Hard 2-second blink both eyes opens the "screen" your brain sees, your thoughts and eye movement control the internet pages / messages / photos / videos. Think "google", blink and the google screen opens. Think "call mom", blink and you can hear mom's voice inside your head. You don't have to talk, just think the thoughts and mom "hears" your thoughts in her brain.

They laugh and say, "yeah, right"...kinda like my sibs and I used to do when 'mad scientists' would tell us one day phones won't have chords and that we could just carry them around wherever we went.

; )
I mean all your jeans still have a pocket for a timepiece and NOBODY knows what it's for. it's just there waiting for a pocket watch that nobody uses. they still sew that pocket into your jeans in 2023. WHY???.
I mean all your jeans still have a pocket for a timepiece and NOBODY knows what it's for. it's just there waiting for a pocket watch that nobody uses. they still sew that pocket into your jeans in 2023. WHY???.

Is that what it is for?

Because most pocket watches are too big to fit in it...
 
1973 referring to post #4407

Little Honda The Beach Boys

First gear, it's all right (Honda, Honda, go faster, faster)
Second gear, I'll lean right (Honda, Honda, go faster, faster)
Third gear, hang on tight (Honda, Honda, go faster, faster)
Faster, it's all right.

Regards NRTM
 
Went for a bit of a ride last Saturday (2 hour loop) since the weather was dry enough. Stopped by one of the nicer (if people don't dump too much garbage nearby) covered bridges for some pictures while stretching the legs out.

c9e5168d8a89af09ead1d3dcef755e00.jpg

63bfd34a23b179acef3c98369f35c5a8.jpg

87fb6e4800311c38b5975ff9223fb5a8.jpg


And one of the full group
b3288775d1e0fb66a86c8dd9e67d9cf7.jpg
 
DutchRutter_imp said:
Went for a bit of a ride last Saturday (2 hour loop) since the weather was dry enough. Stopped by one of the nicer (if people don't dump too much garbage nearby) covered bridges for some pictures while stretching the legs out.

c9e5168d8a89af09ead1d3dcef755e00.jpg

63bfd34a23b179acef3c98369f35c5a8.jpg

87fb6e4800311c38b5975ff9223fb5a8.jpg


And one of the full group
b3288775d1e0fb66a86c8dd9e67d9cf7.jpg
how does that pirelli handle? I put metzlers on and their not lasting to long
 
Back
Top