Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

The standard black tank has the best pin-striping of red and grey...not noticeable much from a distance, the red to remind the viewer I'm still a Honda. Overall that's a great looking tank with a minimalist Honda badge. Good looking environs for the CB.
 
Thanks all!

@1973cb750
I really like them, nice and light in the turns, with plenty of traction. That being said, the bike came with a set of these when I bought it last year. I replaced them with a new set towards the end of the dry season last year. So far, wear is minimal. But I can't speak much for their longevity. The set I took off were right to the wear bars, front had some cupping, but they were also dated as 2018s I think.
 
Da BIG yellow is :thumbsup:
...but this little bumble bee is messing around with an adult world :)
Alprider, as always, great pics.
 
My morning ride out to The Dalles, Oregon. Hiway 84 east towards Hood River, crossed the bridge to WA. Hiway 14 to turnoff for The Dalles, crossed back over the Columbia the The Dalles along 84 back to Gresham.

Oregon side before Hood River
e557cc18d2d4aa236df9241c7bf83f4e.jpg


Look out from WA side
46c8fbfb8167b9164c7ddb747f764217.jpg


Lots of spring rain produce the proverbial May flowers
97d03f605f3d60074fd4c00059f67a96.jpg


Columbia water temp is 58 degrees, still kinda chilly
29645bb424975519613389e8985f7470.jpg


Mt. Hood always sneaks its way into my photos...but different angle, from the north
1b13abc16e7053a68f122b313de51b50.jpg


It's amazing how quickly the forests give way to the rolling, treeless hills of central Oregon
81caefe0b0036e413009a5aff9edfa08.jpg


b06c7128430b6e771eee29fdd0886c71.jpg


I really like hiway 14 along the river
b5305b833b956bd2e6ba2b509a98b63f.jpg


Sideroad to Horsethief Lake (really part of the river)
81b9cecf415261ef64fce4fe7a13940e.jpg


The Dalles bridge
e7ec0b846be47e16d44d0c8eaebf94a4.jpg


I heard of a bunch of mini-explosions going off; a guy pulled up next to me at and we started the familiar converstation..."what year is that?" He explained the explosions: fish and game people set them off to scare away fern birds that eat the young salmon as they make their way out to sea.
097a17cc56dc77bfdc10143e539b2eff.jpg


Heading through Mosier back to 84
52034ec8b60d7078fa135e281e92d9b2.jpg


2 long conversations with strangers about the bike...topics veered off towards gun rights, democracy in trouble, land usage, homelessness...geez, I just came out for a ride.

:cool:
 
I agree, Rocky, it’s great looking country. Thanks pdedse.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I agree, Rocky, it’s great looking country. Thanks pdedse.
Thanks...I love the Columbia River Gorge area. I grew up in the mid-west and the Kansas and Missouri Rivers were what I compared other rivers to. First few times I saw the Columbia and how wide it is at points, it took me awhile to assimilate. Later, with a little ski boat that has a depth finder, I'd find out large portions of the river are 20-40' deep, some sections 40-70'...I was used to the "depths" of the Kansas River which always seemed to be 2-8', tho' I'm sure it's deeper at points.

Just typing the above made me think, 'just how big is this river?' ...google says the Columbia is the 38th largest river in the world by volume, 52nd in length. I was surprised--I would have thought maybe top 10 or 15...but then again my measuring rod was the Kansas River.

I noticed that there are 12 rivers larger than the Columbia by volume that flow into the Amazon or tributaries that run into the Amazon. I have a lessened desire to see every corner of the world as I age, but I do think I'd like to do a mc trip of extended time in South America. I have a good, some-time riding buddy and we talk about it...I think it'd be really cool to see a river that dwarfs the Columbia.
 
Back
Top