Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Thanks olafurarason. I wondered.

Great conditions to work on your bike. Exactly the weather to expect when doing an emergency roadside repair.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
Nothing pertaining to motorcycles. It has my company’s logo etched into it and below that it says “Cigarbeque 2017”. My brother and business partner and I have an annual event called Cigarbeque - a morphing of “Cigar” and “Barbeque”. A bunch of guys get together in my brother’s back yard, eat, drink, smoke, and tell inappropriate stories. It started with simple burgers on the grill, but we eventually adopted themes like “Mexico” or “Cuba” or “Fire and Ice”. The food and cocktails (sometimes the cigars) would be chosen to fit the theme. 2017 had the theme of Wisconsin Supper Club (which is basically a steakhouse). The glasses were chosen as gifts for the attendees because Old Fashioneds and Manhattans are generally the cocktails of choice at supper clubs.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but you asked. Lol.
 
I did. I knew there'd be a tale. Thank you.
 
olafurarason_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
Cormanus, Unfortunately, the road network in here is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. I often wish I have an off road adventure bike, like Africa-Twin. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. But I love riding it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Very nice Olaf - indeed.

I work on my bikes outside when it is not precipitating, sun lit, warm enough, and not too cold. Low wind is helpful, but not always a requirement.
GoldOxide, me too. I work always on my bikes outside, in all weather. It´s me and my 1100's under the snow far right!!

Good night that's a lot of snow. Is that normal where you live?
 
The ferret_imp said:
olafurarason_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
Cormanus, Unfortunately, the road network in here is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. I often wish I have an off road adventure bike, like Africa-Twin. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. But I love riding it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Very nice Olaf - indeed.

I work on my bikes outside when it is not precipitating, sun lit, warm enough, and not too cold. Low wind is helpful, but not always a requirement.
GoldOxide, me too. I work always on my bikes outside, in all weather. It´s me and my 1100's under the snow far right!!

Good night that's a lot of snow. Is that normal where you live?

Good night that's a lot of snow. Is that normal where you live?
... starts to approach comparison with Buffalo, New York in winter.
 
The ferret_imp said:
olafurarason_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
Cormanus, Unfortunately, the road network in here is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. I often wish I have an off road adventure bike, like Africa-Twin. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. But I love riding it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Very nice Olaf - indeed.

I work on my bikes outside when it is not precipitating, sun lit, warm enough, and not too cold. Low wind is helpful, but not always a requirement.
GoldOxide, me too. I work always on my bikes outside, in all weather. It´s me and my 1100's under the snow far right!!

Good night that's a lot of snow. Is that normal where you live?
Good night that's a lot of snow. Is that normal where you live?
During winter the weather in Iceland is wild and unpredictable mixture of sunny days with blue skies, rainy days (yes, rainy!), cloudy days, windy days, snowy days and a mixture of those and anything in between and all of that sometimes changing even several times during the day.
 
olafurarason_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
olafurarason_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
Cormanus, Unfortunately, the road network in here is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. I often wish I have an off road adventure bike, like Africa-Twin. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. But I love riding it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Very nice Olaf - indeed.

I work on my bikes outside when it is not precipitating, sun lit, warm enough, and not too cold. Low wind is helpful, but not always a requirement.
GoldOxide, me too. I work always on my bikes outside, in all weather. It´s me and my 1100's under the snow far right!!

Good night that's a lot of snow. Is that normal where you live?
Good night that's a lot of snow. Is that normal where you live?
During winter the weather in Iceland is wild and unpredictable mixture of sunny days with blue skies, rainy days (yes, rainy!), cloudy days, windy days, snowy days and a mixture of those and anything in between and all of that sometimes changing even several times during the day.
At least you can "dig a hole" and find some warmth. :)
 
Two beautiful days in a row...yesterday it was the orange, today it was the red.

Wanted to ride east along I-84 out to Hood River and explore a bit, maybe circle Mt. Hood, but the Columbia River head winds were steady at 20+ mph and I didn't feel like battling that for the first hour, so I exited at Corbett to ride the east side of the Sandy River area, the road eventually connecting with Marmot Rd...and then back to hiway 26. All very scenic, wonderful river views, forests, Mt. Hood is always around. Very pleasant riding.

8741c953d59257a95f54585d60cc5b9c.jpg


Marmot Rd area has some very nice country homes...would love to live out in this area. But the mrs. doesn't want to live too far from "civilization".

01f1dc2a188abdfdf73b4f1b76acb180.jpg


Hidden is hiway 26 just to the right about a 1/4 mile or less. It's a well traveled 4 lane hiway that takes you out to Mt. Hood for skiing or accessing eastern Oregon. But from Marmot Rd, you wouldn't even know it's there.

The CB1100 tanks speaks for itself when lit up...
2fc6a0d4227a0b7817d0f037b82d33ea.jpg


Hadn't ridden red for any real length for about 3 months as I've been mostly on the INT650 of late, or holed-up waiting for snow to melt. I could tell...was fumbling through turns that I know pretty well, but I got too used to the lightness of the RE. Only rememdy is to ride more...spring is upon us!
 
Beautiful scenery, Pdedse. It reminds me a lot of the roads I used to ride on my GS1100, from University Place, WA, to Mt Rainier. Good memories.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful scenery, Pdedse. It reminds me a lot of the roads I used to ride on my GS1100, from University Place, WA, to Mt Rainier. Good memories.
Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ?
 
pdedse_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful scenery, Pdedse. It reminds me a lot of the roads I used to ride on my GS1100, from University Place, WA, to Mt Rainier. Good memories.
Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ?
Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ? In a word, love. The Air Force sent me to Davis-Monthan in 1985 where I met the most beautiful girl in the world, who was also in the Air Force and she made me marry her. Her family lives here and in Globe, so, when she retired from the Air Force a few years back, we retired here. She was the last Air Force Chief Nurse at McChord AFB, WA, which is why we were there. I loved it there and would love to live there. We could see Mt Ranier from the park down the street from our house only a 1/4 mile from Puget Sound. I went with her to a conference near Mt Hood while we were in Washington. Absolutely beautiful place.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful scenery, Pdedse. It reminds me a lot of the roads I used to ride on my GS1100, from University Place, WA, to Mt Rainier. Good memories.
Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ?
Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ? In a word, love. The Air Force sent me to Davis-Monthan in 1985 where I met the most beautiful girl in the world, who was also in the Air Force and she made me marry her. Her family lives here and in Globe, so, when she retired from the Air Force a few years back, we retired here. She was the last Air Force Chief Nurse at McChord AFB, WA, which is why we were there. I loved it there and would love to live there. We could see Mt Ranier from the park down the street from our house only a 1/4 mile from Puget Sound. I went with her to a conference near Mt Hood while we were in Washington. Absolutely beautiful place.
Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ?
In a word, love. ...
Ah, that's the best of reasons! I ask because the clock is ticking ever closer to retirement for us. I may have mentioned to you before that my wife and I are thinking of relocating to AZ, which would actually be a return to where we started out together--Scottsdale / Chandler, our first 9 years. This time around we would likely choose Tucson. As beautiful as the northwest is, we do grow tired of the rain. Wife is from Costa Rica and we'll spend 1/2 of the year there and maybe more--it's already rainy enough in CR and so we thought it would be nice to have a dry place stateside.

I don't know where I'm going with this...maybe wondering how the relocation went for you, whether you like being there for the retirement days.
 
Back
Top