Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

it was a nice sunny day and I thought I had better not waste it.. especially when I hear of you northern guys having to moth ball your bikes.. so I did a little exploring today, up in the mountains.. I had passed this old house many times, so today I took a closer look.. I wish I knew the history of the place.. actually, I know of someone that has a little restaurant in the cuyama valley.. he might know.. anyway, here are some pics I took today of my adventure..

chuckk ..

.
9895e8c91d65fd3f98ca351187f9bb77.jpg

.
7b69fc80135c6a838a24c4b5a44bfef8.jpg

.
2271ef55fe58e76446a14c6247c09198.jpg

de5bb1f0ce3fb8195cde9422a93428f2.jpg

.
4b9c3beb99a64649d32d794aa63f7de6.jpg
 
Chuckk, that looks like an old, abandoned Mexican hacienda...and that unforgettable blue sky, nice pics
 
I will try to find out more about it.. in that last pic with me in it, I believe there is some new wood there..(floor joists) .. it looks like someone is trying to save it..
what can I say Peter.. I love colors..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
is that your house, down by the waters edge !! .. nice color !! ..

I think I can see brush strokes.. haha
Yes, it is, you and other members are already invited. Bring your swimming gear with warmers, now lake is very cold :P
 
maybe I will wait a month, then bring my ice auger and set some tip-ups ..
you know, we have snow here too !! .. just not as much :rolleyes: I can't wait to explore Mt. Abel or Mt. Pinos sometime after thanksgiving !! .. if I send pics, you guys up north will say "how boring" .. but maybe I can capture some good ones..

chuckk ..

.
83ec0535e45226104783d4d98e159cb5.jpg
 
Chuckk_imp said:
it was a nice sunny day and I thought I had better not waste it.. especially when I hear of you northern guys having to moth ball your bikes.. so I did a little exploring today, up in the mountains.. I had passed this old house many times, so today I took a closer look.. I wish I knew the history of the place.. actually, I know of someone that has a little restaurant in the cuyama valley.. he might know.. anyway, here are some pics I took today of my adventure..

chuckk ..

.
9895e8c91d65fd3f98ca351187f9bb77.jpg

.
7b69fc80135c6a838a24c4b5a44bfef8.jpg

.
2271ef55fe58e76446a14c6247c09198.jpg

de5bb1f0ce3fb8195cde9422a93428f2.jpg

.
4b9c3beb99a64649d32d794aa63f7de6.jpg
Interesting ruins Chuck. Clear image quality.

By the way, not all northern guys moth ball their bikes. I stopped winter storage back in '86. I basically said no more of that nonsense.
 
On the way to church this morning after a "cold front" and rain passed through last night. Beautiful sunny day, about 50F and breezy. The dirt, sand road leading out from home seems barren now since loggers have clear cut the pines for pulp and lumber. They'll replant trees this winter. Cotton fields are being harvested now; about the only time we have "snow" in south Georgia.

230b4062220c3118165c3623d9ca2008.jpg


38f87170352ce678e763c6433e646998.jpg


a0040e4e43e45f5fcbd56ab30bfdbacb.jpg
 
Chuckk_imp said:
nice pics !! .. it's always nice to see what other riders see often, but we would never see.. thanks redbirds..

chuckk ..
Well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I always enjoy seeing the geography and surroundings of where others live - places that I'll probably never see in person.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
nice pics !! .. it's always nice to see what other riders see often, but we would never see.. thanks redbirds..

chuckk ..
Well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I always enjoy seeing the geography and surroundings of where others live - places that I'll probably never see in person.
Well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I always enjoy seeing the geography and surroundings of where others live - places that I'll probably never see in person.
(+1) It might even entice one to reach out to those regions one day.

I have seen the cotton fields in SC, and it was interesting and calming to see because we don't have them in the north. We have the fake version called, "snow".
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Nice pics Redbirds! Is there a lot of sand in that area?
In this part of the south exposed rock is a rare thing; limestone sometimes finds it's way to the surface. Sand, dirt and clay are the norm and I live on a sandhill area, 125' above sea level and the highest land in my county.
 
Back
Top