Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Inhouse Bob_imp said:
By the looks of that downspout, that spot may not be the safest!
It was damaged by someone banging on it trying to dislodge a chunk of ice that was stuck inside. Don't ask me how I know this.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
By the looks of that downspout, that spot may not be the safest!
It was damaged by someone banging on it trying to dislodge a chunk of ice that was stuck inside. Don't ask me how I know this.
It was damaged by someone banging on it trying to dislodge a chunk of ice that was stuck inside. Don't ask me how I know this.
:thumbsup:
 
Warm enough (37f at 8:00am, 47f at noon) to commute one more time this year. Got to ride about 16 miles at lunchtime to get what's left of my hair cut, but then got tied up with the fascinating world of insurance at the end of the day so didn't get out until after dark.

f1f2fa027d64cc6fb403c72893ad7376.jpg
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Warm enough (37f at 8:00am, 47f at noon) to commute one more time this year. Got to ride about 16 miles at lunchtime to get what's left of my hair cut, but then got tied up with the fascinating world of insurance at the end of the day so didn't get out until after dark.

f1f2fa027d64cc6fb403c72893ad7376.jpg
Neat showcase.

Looks almost like one of those toy BMW car-in-o-box dealership displays.
 
Great pic. The ‘13 is the best looking CB (IMO). :thumbsup:
This is an old picture from the fall, but I realized it was my avatar and I had not posted it here at all. It is probably my favorite shot of my bike that I’ve taken so far, I credit the overcast sky. Seems to always make the best lighting.

This is at Nimrod Lake/Dam, about an hour from my place, depending on which way you go. It is right off of Scenic Highway 7, arguably the best road in Arkansas. It doesn’t have the hype and lore of some of the other famous roads here, but it spans almost the entire state from north to south and has several of the best 20-30 mile stretches anywhere. It cuts through both the Ouachita National Forest and Ozark National Forest; the states largest and most rugged swaths of public land, in addition to crossing the Buffalo River; an Ozarkian institution and National Park as well. A Mecca for many. I ride it very often and feel blessed every time.


b63684c394c346ca59f2605280a0f04a.jpg
 
Great pic of the 13 db. Best looking? Maybe. Sportiest? NO doubt!
 
Lol well some people Do qbelieve the 13 is the best looking. Ask our fearless leader Guth.

I really liked my 13, and if it had had a silver motor, and double wall chrome head pipes, it would probably still be in my garage with about 52,000 miles on it. 5 speed and all.

I do feel it was the sportiest example of the CB that came to these shores, and coming up on 7 model years old now still holds it's own in the looks dept.
 
Nothing beats the 2010 and 2011 models. :D
 
A black paint, silver motors, silver wheels, black side covers with a chrome head pipes (with either the 4 into 1 or 4 into 2) would be sublime.
 
That's a load!

Nice Barbour Jacket. Are they still waxed cotton?
 
Django_imp said:
Well, chrome head pipes are missing...

b729636f221f3049573c67c5afbc78ec.jpg
I too prefer the looks of the Black CB with the silver engine and silver wheels like Django’s, over my US ‘14 Standard model. As said many time, our inline 4 cylinders engine is the crown jewel that should stand out on our bikes.
That said, my CB is still eye candy to me and all thoughts of the above disappears when I hit the starter button and go down the road. I consider myself a lucky guy to experience and own one of these fabulous machines.

Roma’s, are those Italian wine boxes strapped to your beautiful CB?
 
Yep Django's bike ( and Cormanus's too now that he changed the side covers) are imo just gorgeous examples of the CB 1100.

But like you said all CB's are eye candy and a pleasure to ride.
 
The ferret_imp said:
A black paint, silver motors, silver wheels, black side covers with a chrome head pipes (with either the 4 into 1 or 4 into 2) would be sublime.
Yes and yes again.
Love my 2013 with this silver black outlook. To be the sportiest one is also true. Don't agree so much with the following upgrades, which distract too much from a good initial thought imho. Don't need a chrom exhaust. Always keep the original 4 in 1 in an optical good shape and like the golden bronce glance of it, which adds a nice third color to the CB.

Wisedrum
 
Yeah I'm on the fence on the stainless headers vs the chrome double walled. They both have their positive attributes. I like both the golden bronzing on my SS headers and the immaculate shine of the double walls. Just wish mine weren't so blotchy.
 
Back
Top