KTM 1290 SuperDuke

ingobohn_imp said:
KTM itself says that without all the electronic support system (ABS, ASC etc.) the KTM is unrideable.
And I believe it. 180 hp on a sub-600 lb motorcycle really needs TC and other electro-rider aids for anyone but the top 5% of riders.

Then again, I remember when the original VMax came out. Guys were shaking their heads trying to figure out how anyone could handle over (gasp!) 100 horsepower on a motorcycle. Of course the VMax frame and suspension were crap compared to today's bikes, as were the brakes.
 
Thread starter
180 Hp + 416 lb curb weight =:D or R.I.P.

Cost

15,495 Euros = $21,063...Ouch!


I gotta try one, had a Suzuki B-King (which I really miss) and it was a fun beast, curious what the v-twin will feel like.
 
HondaJon_imp said:
180 Hp + 416 lb curb weight =:D or R.I.P.

Cost

15,495 Euros = $21,063...Ouch!


I gotta try one, had a Suzuki B-King (which I really miss) and it was a fun beast, curious what the v-twin will feel like.
Personally can't imagine. No longer have the gonads to find out. Maybe thirty years ago I Would have :(
 
I'd be a little worried about the part where KTM says for the warranty to remain valid, you must have an annual service completed. I wonder how extensive/expensive that service will be?
 
I guess they figure that if you can afford the bike, you can afford to have it serviced by them every year to keep the warranty valid.
 
Very Impressive.A V-twin Sportsbike torque monster.
A Mr. Wheelie in almost any gear.Plus a slipper clutch.
Plus I like the color Orange or the other color.
Out of my range.Even though I'll never forget about
7 years ago a Saturday where the local Suzuki dealer { not
the one I bought my M109 } was advertising Dyno day.
A portable Dyno was trucked in and tests were being done { around $ 60 }
This ole guy was there { I heard he was in his early 70's } and he
was getting his Busa dyno tuned and evaluated.
thumper_imp said:
I'd be a little worried about the part where KTM says for the warranty to remain valid, you must have an annual service completed. I wonder how extensive/expensive that service will be?
Harley pulled that stunt after introducing their TC 88 line
about 12-13 years ago.They said you needed to come back for
a first service which usually ran around $ 220 bucks.
When I bought my '99 Kawasaki Nomad,the same thing
was told to me.I remember that Honda/Kasasaki Dealer
used oil from a big drum.
 
Back
Top