Thread starter
Although it never made it to the US, we've seen the W800 in Australia and it's a lovely bike. Looks like it's reached the end of the road. Sad. 2017 Kawasaki W800 Final Edition
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I can relate, Randy. I spent many years riding mostly medium displacement parallel twins (650-750). I couldn't part with either of my smooth I-4s to go back.Randy B_imp said:My first bike was a CB500T and once I got on a 4 cylinder I'll never go back. It's a nice looking bike, but not my cup of tea.
The W800 is a lovely motorcycle for sure.Rboe_imp said:A buddy has the W650 and he rides the snot out of it. Just got back from Moab. It is prettier than the CB and if the W800 was available here I'm not sure I would have bought the CB. If they brought it to the states I might have to sell the Griso to get one.
Go and share that statement to the significant amount of EX owners in Asia and Europe...Papa Weeley_imp said:These (and the 650W) are/were pretty cool, very nice looking bikes, but I'm not of the camp that thinks they're better looking than the CB...and this is coming from a previous Triumph Bonneville owner. As I've probably said before, I think the CB1100 is the most beautiful bike I've ever owned.
Can't say much as to the build quality of the Kawi, as I've never seen one close-up, let alone ridden one, but I'm pretty confident in the Honda quality, and that speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned.
Still, sad to see anything like this go away. I know they have quite a cult-following.

Go and share that statement to the significant amount of EX owners in Asia and Europe...Riko_imp said:Go and share that statement to the significant amount of EX owners in Asia and Europe...Papa Weeley_imp said:These (and the 650W) are/were pretty cool, very nice looking bikes, but I'm not of the camp that thinks they're better looking than the CB...and this is coming from a previous Triumph Bonneville owner. As I've probably said before, I think the CB1100 is the most beautiful bike I've ever owned.
Can't say much as to the build quality of the Kawi, as I've never seen one close-up, let alone ridden one, but I'm pretty confident in the Honda quality, and that speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned.
Still, sad to see anything like this go away. I know they have quite a cult-following.