K&H seats - perforated?

Verdecken_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
On the verge of ordering a custom K&H seat and looking for some perspective. I'm interested in the perforated or mesh for the top but I'm having trouble finding good pictures online. Anyone have experience with these?

Opinions on perforated seats?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hmmm...I don't recall seeing perforation as an option on the K&H seats. Who are you getting it through?
Back to your question, a buddy of mine had one custom made back in the '80s - truly perforated, not just that stamped holey look - because he was told it made for a "cooler" ride. I can't comment on that, but I do know that we got caught in the rain after lunch one day on the south end of Santiago Canyon (in Orange Cty., CA), and the foam in his seat didn't dry out for a week after our ride all the way back to Huntington Beach!
Looked pretty nice (I love leather car interiors with it), but he had a very squishy ride home!
 
Thread starter
Thanks! Yeah, talked with Mr T and I was mistaken. The rain issue also occurred to me and I really don't want to deal with that. Haha. I ordered the seat now with regular leather and colored stitching. But I agree with you, perforated looks awfully slick in a car.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
You bet!! I'm a little nervous cause I have the black standard but got the seat with red stitching. I'm just hoping it doesn't look tacky. I want it to compliment the red details on the tank.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Here's a quick snap of my K&H Low seat. Makes it a little easier to reach the ground at a stop, and feels a lot more immediately comfortable than stock. The curve makes it feel like a saddle to sit in rather than on. Only had a chance to put it on and take a spin to the barbershop, but I am looking forward to breaking it in. I hope the somewhat shorter height doesn't mess with my knees on long rides.

Have to say, the rich red stitching looks quite nice and all around quality is amazing.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The red stitching complements the stripe on your tank and just looks great!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The red stitching complements the stripe on your tank and just looks great!
K&H high seat with red stitching. Matches red stitching on the saddlebags. Been riding on this seat for 2 years. Best Farkle to date. Adds miles of real comfort and encourages far longer non stop rides vs stock seat-Not to mention the authentic retro look. You won't be disappointed.
 
Verdecken_imp said:
Here's a quick snap of my K&H Low seat. Makes it a little easier to reach the ground at a stop, and feels a lot more immediately comfortable than stock. The curve makes it feel like a saddle to sit in rather than on. Only had a chance to put it on and take a spin to the barbershop, but I am looking forward to breaking it in. I hope the somewhat shorter height doesn't mess with my knees on long rides.

Have to say, the rich red stitching looks quite nice and all around quality is amazing.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that looks amazing. Excellent match, and a great look.
And no squishy seat in the rain! :D
 
I was researching K&H seats and found this post. My wife is a little more pragmatic than I and I was having a difficult time convincing her that the perfectly functional stock seat needed replacing. However, the beauty of the red stitching on this seat, on a black standard, was enough to convince her! I placed my order with Samurider today. Really looking forward for it! Thanks for the post!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Tell her the stock seat is not perfectly functional. ;)

If she rides on the back, she will appreciate the difference.

Of course if she rides on the back- the Ikon shocks make a huge difference as well.
 
Unfortunately she does not ride. She looks at it much like she looks at shoes. Comfort is always second to style! Especially my comfort.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
If my wife didn't go for a ride on occasion I think my bike might look totally different- solo seat, etc.. :)
I did consider the solo but, I use the extra seat space, for cargo pretty regularly. Besides, the bench look is more retro to me. And I love the tuck & roll seat!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top