Just ordered! Hagofuku mirrors and moriwaki skid pads

Thread starter
Thanks man! I am still torn on them right now, but i know they are gonna fit this bike in another month or so when the tank comes in and the bars are changed
 
Hey Silas,

Have you taken a ride with these mirrors yet? I noticed that they vibrate quite a bit above 4.5k rpms and above 6k rpms you practically can't see anything in them. I'll need to mess around with tightening it up or adding in some rubber bushings to see if that helps.
 
Thread starter
Haven't yet. I will later today and let you know. I noticed that they couldn't be tightened that well too. Never thought about vibration.
 
Thread starter
I pulled one of the mirrors apart and found that there is a spring inside which is designed to allow easy change in mirror positions.

I replaced the screw with a shorter screw and put the mirror back together without the spring. Much Much much better. rock solid now.

I still haven't been on a ride with them yet but i doubt i will have vibrate issues after this mini mod.
 
Good find, I will give this a shot as well. Once we lock in our position, I doubt we'll ever change them again unless there is a change in bars or transfer to a different bike. The buzzy nature of our inline 4s doesn't help, but there wasn't any problems with the mickey mouse ears so hopefully your fix works.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME - no additional hardware to mount them. I am going to post specs for the allen bolts you can replace the adjustment spring bolt with. No clearance issues either. These mirrors are exceptionally well built, just needed the smallest tweak.
 
Silas, great info on the mirrors. Im waiting for an invoice now for the mirrors, front fender, rear fender, and tail light assembly. Are you going with the tank pictured? I looked into getting it myself, but its going to have to wait until I recoup some funds, that thing is pricey, but sure looks nice.
 
Thread starter
Gixxerman,

I am ordering the raw aluminum tank next week along with the front fender and maybe the side covers. I thought about the chrome one but i could never keep it polished. Takashi is also finding out about the clip on bars that Whitehouse uses. Basically I am doing almost the entire Hagofuku bike minus the rear fender.
Took a ride last night and the mirrors still vibrate but not to the point where i cannot see anything. I believe that its slightly due to the fact that my handlebars are not weighted and that the mirrors are not that heavy. regardless, they still do what I want them to do :)
 
Good tip Silas, I just replaced the factory spring/screw combination with a hex head bolt sized 8mm x 1.25 pitch thread. It's rock solid now, we'll see how it much it improved from before. Thanks!
 
Silas - thanks for the review on the mirrors. I'll probably order them next paycheck. I have stock handlebars so it will be interesting to see how they do vibration wise Of all the mirrors on the Tanex website, those are the best looking.
 
silascopathic_imp said:
Gixxerman,

I am ordering the raw aluminum tank next week along with the front fender and maybe the side covers. I thought about the chrome one but i could never keep it polished. Takashi is also finding out about the clip on bars that Whitehouse uses. Basically I am doing almost the entire Hagofuku bike minus the rear fender.
Took a ride last night and the mirrors still vibrate but not to the point where i cannot see anything. I believe that its slightly due to the fact that my handlebars are not weighted and that the mirrors are not that heavy. regardless, they still do what I want them to do :)
I'm doing the same thing, including the rear fender lol. Let me know what he says about the bars. Crazy, I just dropped another grand and haven't had the bike a full month yet. I need to get a better seat and the side covers also when I recoup some funds. I can't believe the side covers cost that much.
 
I may have spoken too soon. I really like this other mirror on the Tanax website and am not sure which way to go:

1a59f821f656726caf9b51f24eab153c.jpg


74df334864f369e0e019567ba91c7a43.jpg


24d75f77e9c3a63b9298105eeeb14977.jpg
 
I briefly mentioned to Takashi that you guys were experiencing some vibration issues and he said he'd relay that to the manufacturer (Tanax).

If I were you, I'd send Takashi an e-mail with all the details.

It's great to see a reseller work with the buyer and the manufacturer to iron out issues. Takashi seemed genuinely anxious to help.
 
Thread starter
Not a bad idea! I will let Takashi know.

Those other mirrors are just as bad ass!!
just realized i spelled Hakofugu wrong in the title hahahaha. Weird confusing word.
 
Back
Top