Josh is down

darn dubs, was hoping for better news from you today.

amazing how hurt we can get while wearing all the right gear. imagine NOT wearing it.

fingers crossed for ya bud, and hoping the next report is more uplifting.
 
glad your both still alive and hopefully on the mind

The ferret_imp said:
darn dubs, was hoping for better news from you today.

amazing how hurt we can get while wearing all the right gear. imagine NOT wearing it.

fingers crossed for ya bud, and hoping the next report is more uplifting.
I feel like a guinea pig now
 
Sounds like it was a pretty serious get-off, Dubs. I hope the docs suss things out, contain any further complications, and get you back on the mend ASAP.
 
Quote:Dainese leather jacket with spine pad, chest pads, shoulder pads, elbow- forearm pads. Matching pants with knee shin pads. Jacket zipped to pants. Dainese gloves, shoei helmet, Icon Reign boots.
Good job on all the gear all the time!! That is about what I wear whenever I go out - to get gas even. Thankfully you do to.

The only thing that might have added a bit more protection - air vest.
I don't have one but reviews are good.
But well, hindsight is 20/20....it's hindsight!

Sounds kinda not ok but I've heard worse. No broken femurs at least!

Take care
 
Josh,
Have Dianese as well = good protection..We all expecting the good news from you ...sooner or later...good luck and I keep my fingers crossed
:thumbsup:
 
Darn! In my experience things hurt the second day that didn't the first but all the "minor" stuff settles down in a week or less.

Ribs: These things take months to heal up. Mostly due to the lack of blood flow and all the softer tissue takes a while to heal like cartilage. Figure 6 months for that - with the danger that being near the spine "may" refuse to heal. I had a customer with two broken ribs like that that didn't want to fuse. Couple years later I was looking at the same thing and I healed up just fine (several years ago my clavical didn't - go figure). Rolling over in bed, hard pulling action (like adjusting forks on the fork lift for example) will remind you things are not right. :D

Internal stuff - no advise on that, have not suffered those yet but I suspect organs heal up fairly quickly if you do your part. Internal bleeding has been a silent killer but I think you are out of the woods regarding that.

In PE in high school they taught us some tumbling; something that instictively kicked in on several accidents I've had saving some serious injury ( and didn't on two others - go figure!) so maybe you need to practice falling. :poke:

Get well, enjoy the sponge baths!
 
Quote: I wear the Helite Turtleback air vest but hope that I never find out that it works.
On my list. I've seen heard testimony - they work.

I hope we don't need a sub - forum "face plant" like they have on advrider. knarly.
 
i know i did, after getting sideswiped and taking a shifter through my ankle. thinking about my poor unfortunate wounded bike was not fun, so i stayed off the forum.
 
If somebody wants to start one of those go fund me pages (way beyond me technically) I am down for a $20 to help him out with expenses and maybe some bike repairs.
 
I'm a new member. I am sorry to hear of your accident. Heal up. I was riding with a friend 3 yrs ago up Mt. Mitchell, he told the group we were with to watch out for deer. 20 mins later, one ran out in front of him and he went off road and hit a tree. Similar trauma to what you have discussed. Take your time. Your health is the most important thing.
 
Back
Top