Josh is down

Thread starter
Lacerated spleen, broken rib near spine, took a chunk out of one of my 2 big front teeth, something about fluid on my brain, leg still swollen, bruising, everything that didn’t hurt before is starting to hurt. Getting held in trauma they want to keep an eye on something in my blood readings. Ugh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Crikey, Josh, that all sounds pretty nasty. How fast were you going?

Edit: I’m not suggesting you were speeding. I’m just interested.
 
So sorry this happened!

I'm surprised but glad you can even post.

Did you low side or high side? Did you hit anything or is this just from the force of the CB going down?

Hind sight is easy, probably wouldn't help in most accidents, but this particular one sounds like one of those inflatable vest maybe would've helped....I don't have one but makes me think about getting one.

I've always thought, if I ever go down I'm going to be a complete baby and just lay there until until the ambulance arrives. May not happen that way, especially if no one is around, but that's what I imagine.

I've also have always thought, if I'm in too much pain....just knock me out or induce a coma....wake me up when I'm healed/better. I'm sure there are medical reasons why they can't do that but that's what I've always thought.
 
Been following this story since last night. seriously tough brake (do puns lighten the mood?)

there are only three rules to riding:

1. Shiny side up
2. Dirty side down
3. Don't f'n Die

Even if you break the first two rules, you only lose the game if you break #3. You're still winning man! get better!
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Lacerated spleen, broken rib near spine, took a chunk out of one of my 2 big front teeth, something about fluid on my brain, leg still swollen, bruising, everything that didn’t hurt before is starting to hurt. Getting held in trauma they want to keep an eye on something in my blood readings. Ugh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geezalou dubs. Thats a laundry list of pain. So sorry you are suffering.

How in the heck did you bust a tooth in that Shoei full face?

In my only riding accident, back in 1968 I was wearing an open face Buco helmet when I went down and cracked/chipped 7 teeth. 49 years later I still have trouble drinking really cold stuff. I also smashed the big toe on my right foot, and it's still messed up.
 
was hoping this would turn out better and sure understand denying the ambulance as you saved a few grand but wow this is becoming an epidemic !
wish you two lived closer together so you could play a slow board game or motorcycle trivia ......
wishing the best for the forums sickbay list ............
 
This kind of news is never good to hear no matter who it is, but Powerdubs posts have always been kind and thoughtful when replying to me, so I really hate seeing something like this. Hope you heal fast and get home where you can get some rest soon !
 
Josh I always (until this one) enjoy your posts. Your persistence in perfecting your bike is inspiring. I know you'll get though this and continue.
So THANKS-- Jon Z
 
Thread starter
Hi guys- still in trauma. They just drew blood again to check levels, something to do with internal bleeding. I’m sore.

My buddy went and got the bike and brought it to my house. Said it didn’t look too bad to him, engine guard did it’s job, lost a rear blinker.

It would have been much worse if I didn’t always wear all the gear I do.

Dainese leather jacket with spine pad, chest pads, shoulder pads, elbow- forearm pads. Matching pants with knee shin pads. Jacket zipped to pants. Dainese gloves, shoei helmet, Icon Reign boots.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top