JB-Power Magtan JB4 Magnesium wheels

lola_imp

Been there
Thread starter
After a month and a half wait the wheels arrived from Takashi at Samurider.

Cost is 350.000 japanese yen shipped to your door and they are made to order . the Wheels are well packaged from JB-Power that it could withstand almost any abuse by most shipping companies, attention to detail is top notch.

The wheels itself is a thing of beauty made out of AZ80 magnesium, wheel paint is outstanding and the non painted surface of the wheel is done with anti corrosion coating. Bearings are made by Koyo Japan the rear sprocket carrier,front & rear rotor carriers are machined with precision. Also, the Rear sprocket is included and is made out of aluminum as far as the color it looks anodized goldish zinc . They will ask you if you want to change sprocket size but i stuck with the 39tooth sprocket.

Front Wheel Size= 3.00-18
Rear Wheel Size = 4.50-18

I was going to dismount the tires from stock wheels but decided to leave them alone and use them as back up so I do not have the weights of the stock wheels. I do however have weight comparison between the wheels & tires of both the magtan & Stock .

Front wheel magnesium with bearings & spacers = 6.4lbs
Rear wheel magnesium with bearings & spacers= 8.9lbs

Stock wheel & tire front with bearings and spacers= 24.5lbs
JB Magtan wheel & tire front with bearings and spacers=17.9lbs

Stock wheel & tire Rear with bearings & spacers= 28.8lbs
JB Magtan wheel & tire Rear with bearings & spacers=23.5lbs

Stock Rear sprocket & Stock Carrier= 6.2lbs
JB Magtan Rear Sprocket & Carrier= 3.4lbs

Tires are Bridgestone Battlax T30
110-80-18 front
160-60-18 Rear





[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb5%201%20of%201_zpsbtzifnop.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb11%201%20of%201_zpsqyuxmub9.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb10%201%20of%201_zpswxjqj4ri.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb9%201%20of%201_zps6yprb88k.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb8%201%20of%201_zpsa7d9noyw.jpg.html]
 
oh my.


:worship:
oh my oh my oh my!
I'd say more but Ferret would have to delete it. :)
 
Holy smoly those are trick looking! That's an awesome farkle.
 
SEXY! :shy:

Oh, and we say "sexy" on the forum? :rolleyes:
Pictures, pictures, pictures... we need "pictures" of these wheels on your bike, lola.
 
Thread starter
Thanks fellas!

Yesterday I was able to get the wheels onto the bike and made sure everything was buttoned up properly before taking it out for a spin.

The changes made by switching to a forged mag wheel exceeds my expectations.. I knew going in that reducing rotational mass greatly improves braking,turning and acceleration but to actually experience it is mind blowing.
Accelerating is what i noticed first after warming up the tires. It felt like the bike had more torque of the line and kept pulling like a tractor until the next gear change, its no doubt faster than before. Stock form the cb carries it's weight well in the handling department but with the reduction in weight the effort in turning is greatly reduced, literally just resting my hands on the handlebars and just light inputs are needed when at speed. On braking I felt less weight transfer but really need to get a feel of it when the new tires have more miles on them just to be on the safe side...

One more thing that took me by surprise is that the bike has no more vibrations in the higher speed and rpms! I get a vibration around 70 to 75 mph on the handle bars and foot pegs but now it is gone. not sure if this is an attribute of well balanced wheel and wheel construction to where the bulk of the weight is centralized on the hub? when they balanced both wheels it required1/8oz in the front and 1/4 oz in the rear.

I went with a reduction in weight to not compromise reliability rather than hunting for horsepower.
No Snake oil was used in this build.

Now I just have to look for someone with a scale to see what its current weight is

Takashi From Samurider was really helpful all throughout the entire process. glad he is always there to support us in the motorcycle community with whatever we need without hesitation and expectations.

on to Pictures



[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb/m5%201%20of%201_zpshprtuvp9.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb/m15%201%20of%201_zpsirknw2cm.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb/m4%201%20of%201_zpskgw1ptfh.jpg.html]
 
lola_imp said:
Thanks fellas!

Yesterday I was able to get the wheels onto the bike and made sure everything was buttoned up properly before taking it out for a spin.

The changes made by switching to a forged mag wheel exceeds my expectations.. I knew going in that reducing rotational mass greatly improves braking,turning and acceleration but to actually experience it is mind blowing.
Accelerating is what i noticed first after warming up the tires. It felt like the bike had more torque of the line and kept pulling like a tractor until the next gear change, its no doubt faster than before. Stock form the cb carries it's weight well in the handling department but with the reduction in weight the effort in turning is greatly reduced, literally just resting my hands on the handlebars and just light inputs are needed when at speed. On braking I felt less weight transfer but really need to get a feel of it when the new tires have more miles on them just to be on the safe side...

One more thing that took me by surprise is that the bike has no more vibrations in the higher speed and rpms! I get a vibration around 70 to 75 mph on the handle bars and foot pegs but now it is gone. not sure if this is an attribute of well balanced wheel and wheel construction to where the bulk of the weight is centralized on the hub? when they balanced both wheels it required1/8oz in the front and 1/4 oz in the rear.

I went with a reduction in weight to not compromise reliability rather than hunting for horsepower.
No Snake oil was used in this build.

Now I just have to look for someone with a scale to see what its current weight is

Takashi From Samurider was really helpful all throughout the entire process. glad he is always there to support us in the motorcycle community with whatever we need without hesitation and expectations.

on to Pictures



[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb/m5%201%20of%201_zpshprtuvp9.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb/m15%201%20of%201_zpsirknw2cm.jpg.html]

[url=http://s964.photobucket.com/user/jdcmendiola/media/jb%20magtan%20jb4/jb/m4%201%20of%201_zpskgw1ptfh.jpg.html]

Great pictures, performance and beauty, money well spent!
 
Beautiful, Lola.
 
Jeezalou that is stunning, as are the night time photos. Excellent!
 
Elipten_imp said:
That bike is begging for those gold upside down forks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I like the way you think...spend someone else's money, haha! That way, everything I got some spare change burning a hole in my pocket, all I need to do is get on the forum and live vicariously through lola's money pit.

Alright, so we have the gold USD forks on the list. What else? It's hard to think of anything else. This may be one of the most tricked out bikes on the forum.

Those wheels are amazing!
 
Back
Top