Japanese motorcycles hate

Kinda works two ways as contempt creates contempt and i had my day. , truly enjoyed winning the $50 Slow race against the entire pack even though i switched to the CB750 but could have done it on the 1100 .

Dang Harley's :thumbsup:
 
I was asked to lead a group ride once for an Ohio based forum since I was familiar with good roads in the county. I was uncomfortable with it but agreed. They said expect 10 or 11 bikes. We were meeting at a BBQ place in Wilmington Ohio for lunch, then a ride. Well besides the 10 guys on various bikes I was expecting, 34 guys on Goldwings showed up (one of the forum members put out the word to his Goldwing Chapter). Arrived in a group. They were literally running for the door of the restaurant, barely after their kickstands had hit the pavement. I asked another guy what was up with them, and he said they don't like waiting in line to eat, or trying to find a seat in the restaurant and that it was common for groups of old men on Goldwings. Hmm did not know that. Then during the ride, one of them pulled up beside me and said the guys were screaming on their CB radios that they needed to pee, so I found a gas station and pulled in. Same story, kick stands barely down and these old dudes were running for the can so they didn't have to wait in line.

Didn't have to worry about them doing something stupid on the ride though, they followed each other like baby ducks behind a momma, same little gap between each one.
 
f2aede20df4523572be9e9c47dacfe6c.jpg
 
You know its kind of funny when i talk about my honda with "harley guys" they give me greif. But when they see my cb almost all of them love it.
 
Thread starter
Since I started this thread, it is fair for me to report two other recent occasions where I ran into HD riders in my weekend rides.

One time it was on a parking lot full of motorcycles. A group a HD riders arrived and parked next to me. I was eating my Italian Calzone. One of the HD riders removed his helmet and started to smoke a cigarette. He and I started to talk about motorcycles of course. After a while, he showed me a Honda nearby and told me "low maintenance and dependable".

Another time, I was looking at a Honda myself, then a HD rider, a rather nice guy, was walking by and told me "this bike is very reliable because it is a Honda".

Wow, that changed quite a bit of the HD folks that I had met earlier !!
 
usa_imp said:
Since I started this thread, it is fair for me to report two other recent occasions where I ran into HD riders in my weekend rides.

One time it was on a parking lot full of motorcycles. A group a HD riders arrived and parked next to me. I was eating my Italian Calzone. One of the HD riders removed his helmet and started to smoke a cigarette. He and I started to talk about motorcycles of course. After a while, he showed me a Honda nearby and told me "low maintenance and dependable".

Another time, I was looking at a Honda myself, then a HD rider, a rather nice guy, was walking by and told me "this bike is very reliable because it is a Honda".

Wow, that changed quite a bit of the HD folks that I had met earlier !!
I ride a HD Ultra Classic. BTW that Honda you own is a real nice reliable and low maintenance bike. Well that's one more Harley rider with a compliment. Lol.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
My 44 year old Yamaha Enduro CT3 still starts with one or two kicks, no plastic on that machine. I'm a huge believer in Japanese bikes. Harley's are a nice piece of iron but in the two wheel world the Japanese manufacturers are tough to beat for many reasons. Anyone who looks closely at the CB1100 and doesn't see the maturity, beauty, and quality execution of the bike doesn't know what they are looking at.
 
I currently own and ride Japanese, European, and American motorcycles. I'm around bikers all the time, mostly Harley riders. I have never encountered this "hatred" you are talking about.

Chip
 
I buy American when it's the right choice for me. My family needed two sedans, and Chevy makes some decent and reasonably priced sedans made in Ohio and Michigan, so I bought those. But I don't want any of the bikes currently made in America. I'd buy domestic if it were possible without becoming a cruiser guy.
 
Yea ive never seen the hatred, but i have friends who keep trying to push me to buy a Harley. They look good, they sound good, but theyre junk. We all crack jokes at each other, but the japanese (Especially Honda) build a really really good motorcycle.

As i hear from others about my Valkyrie on it being a Japanese bike....they were built in Ohio, it says made in USA right on the tag. lol
 
[attachment=6169]in 2009 I rode my 99 ZRX1100 to the Sturgis Rally.....predominantly Harley riders but everyone was friendly to me and about 6 guys even came up to me and said "nice bike"
 
My club (59 Club) is composed of mostly Triumphs and a few Nortons, which makes sense since it was founded in London. I've poked fun at some of the guys asking then when are they going to "upgrade to a Honda", and vice versa. Lol. It's all in good fun. They're all cool bikes. A Triumph is not out of the question in my near future. We once had a Harley guy ride with us though, and he stuck out like a sore thumb. Lol. Cool guy though, and we had a great time.


My buddy Diego who recently had the accident is one of only 3 other guys with Hondas, the other 2 being CB750s. Now he's telling me he's considering a Triumph? Egad! It was kind of cool having another CB1100 in the club.
 
eats leafs shoots_imp said:
I buy American when it's the right choice for me. My family needed two sedans, and Chevy makes some decent and reasonably priced sedans made in Ohio and Michigan, so I bought those. But I don't want any of the bikes currently made in America. I'd buy domestic if it were possible without becoming a cruiser guy.
My Mercedes GLE350 was built in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Does that make it an American vehicle? I was always a buy American guy... still am. But lately, I'm more into buying 'what I want' rather than worrying about where it's made.
 
I don't recall seeing a single Oriental person working at the dealership where I bought my bike. I supported American jobs when I bought it. So what if Oriental persons designed it. If Harley made anything this beautiful l might buy one. But they don't. Sorry.
 
Just ask them to hold up their cell phone and it will be the end of the argument.
 
We're in a global economy in which it is nearly impossible to buy everything "American made", even if you wanted to.

I'm doing my part with my Mustang. Lol.
 
Back
Top