It's amazing my dealer has 5, 2013 CB1100's

nhawk7504_imp

Been there
Thread starter
When the '13 came out, no one knew if it would continue from year to year, so he liked it and ordered five, one with ABS. But then the '14 came along which he sold two black STD's of. He also has a leftover '14 STD and a leftover '14 DLX for a total of seven CB's in stock. We were chatting today and he said, well, I am a Honda guy. His brother Dave raced at Daytona and many other tracks and his Dad raced too; Dick Bettencourt - It's a great dealership and was the first and largest Honda/Suzuki dealer in New England. Cool old dirt bikes hang by chain from the ceiling in one garage including the old CR250 which was awesome, simple and stunning. New England is a Harley area for sure. But more of the old inline four guys around here need to come out of the woodwork and buy one of these 1100's. It's practically a CB1100 museum. I can sit on one and pretend there is not three feet of snow outside.
 
Black ones are the cheap ones, so it makes sense those would be the first to sell, with discriminating buyers holding out for the more expensive deluxe ones. That's how I read it. ;)
 
My dealer has one '13 and has moved it to the slow sellers part of their store.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Black ones are the cheap ones, so it makes sense those would be the first to sell, with discriminating buyers holding out for the more expensive deluxe ones. That's how I read it. ;)
Yeah, you're probably right. Although, I'm one of those fortunate enough to have had the option of either the standard or the deluxe with the ability to afford either one and consciously chose the standard. Who needs greater range, symmetry and bright colors anyway?! Not me!
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Black ones are the cheap ones, so it makes sense those would be the first to sell, with discriminating buyers holding out for the more expensive deluxe ones. That's how I read it. ;)
Yeah, you're probably right. Although, I'm one of those fortunate enough to have had the option of either the standard or the deluxe with the ability to afford either one and consciously chose the standard. Who needs greater range, symmetry and bright colors anyway?! Not me!

YO :hello:
 
Thread starter
metallyguitarded_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Black ones are the cheap ones, so it makes sense those would be the first to sell, with discriminating buyers holding out for the more expensive deluxe ones. That's how I read it. ;)
Yeah, you're probably right. Although, I'm one of those fortunate enough to have had the option of either the standard or the deluxe with the ability to afford either one and consciously chose the standard. Who needs greater range, symmetry and bright colors anyway?! Not me!
Yeah, you're probably right. Although, I'm one of those fortunate enough to have had the option of either the standard or the deluxe with the ability to afford either one and consciously chose the standard. Who needs greater range, symmetry and bright colors anyway?! Not me!
Ah good man. The original idea was slow the pace down, take your time, stick it in fifth and enjoy the scenery. Less, is more.
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Discriminating = affluent. That (humorously) said, I love the black with the black engine. Hot!!!!
Discriminating means those with more refine tastes ;)
 
Heck, the only reason I never bought a 13 model was due to all the complaints I read about the lack of a 6th gear for the highway. What sold me on the black 14 standard, was they added MPG, gear indicator, 6 speed tranny, and it came in black. I know the dealer I bought it from was hesitant to order a 14, and tried pushing the 13 model on me before I put money down on this one.
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Discriminating = affluent. That (humorously) said, I love the black with the black engine. Hot!!!!
I like 'em all! When I first saw the black '14 online I wasn't that crazy about it. Then I saw it in person and realized that pics just can't do that shiny black bike justice.

I have a red '13 only because that was the first one I could get my hands on. If I were buying today and had a choice between the three U.S. models, I honestly don't know which one I'd pick.
 
All kidding aside, either version is great. I suspect that the 5 2013s would have been sold last year if they hadn't come out with the DLX and the 6th gear, but who really knows? Symmetry, chrome, lower revs, and slightly longer range are all wonderful, but then again, so are asymmetry, stainless, higher revs, and stopping for gas a bit more often. :)
 
There was a red, low mile '13 at a shop in Pensacola for $5800 that Older Son turned me on to, that we missed out on :( about a year ago. The only way we could get over our disappointment was to go on a search for a new DLX at a good price. Thank goodness Younger Son has been very supportive of his fathers addiction :) Either year, either model, awesome bikes!
 
EmptySea_imp said:
All kidding aside, either version is great. I suspect that the 5 2013s would have been sold last year if they hadn't come out with the DLX and the 6th gear, but who really knows? Symmetry, chrome, lower revs, and slightly longer range are all wonderful, but then again, so are asymmetry, stainless, higher revs, and stopping for gas a bit more often. :)
The way we all whine about the uncomfortable seat, a reason for more frequent stops should not be unwelcome.
 
Back
Top