It not pretty but it works

kennyw

Road warrior
Thread starter
Tossed the windscreen from my old CB750C on the CB1100. It is a little beat up and way to big to look good. I did chop 6 inches off the top though and it helped.

I'm thinking about adding vinyl on the back side with a pattern that makes it look smaller.

7838a4d1038fe41abf5d812fe93e8a5e.jpg


560f0dd19238c21b7e97619d6d348b41.jpg


352741fb3a5912a4acdea795ee7e47f9.jpg
 
Funny, I have a very similar one I've thought of putting on mine many times. It seems like it would give incredible coverage. So far, I haven't gone on any trips with the bike that would warrant putting it on...
 
Thread starter
drodg_imp said:
Nice late fall coverage....
This was mainly a use it until I can afford the road comet that I would rather have.

Spring/Early summer for us is 40-45* low and 75-80* high temps. I have been riding the hour trip home late in the evening after the temps have dropped to 50* in my mesh jacket and t-shirt while freezing. Adding this and a flannel shirt seems to be enough for now.
 
kennyw_imp said:
Tossed the windscreen from my old CB750C on the CB1100. It is a little beat up and way to big to look good. I did chop 6 inches off the top though and it helped.

I'm thinking about adding vinyl on the back side with a pattern that makes it look smaller.

7838a4d1038fe41abf5d812fe93e8a5e.jpg


560f0dd19238c21b7e97619d6d348b41.jpg


352741fb3a5912a4acdea795ee7e47f9.jpg
Is that the Daytona Cozy Seat? If so, how comfortable is the ride on that seat?
 
Jeez, back in the day they didn't hesitate to slap big massive windscreens on. Maybe it kept their butterfly collars from flapping around too much.
 
Thread starter
StreetFighter_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
Tossed the windscreen from my old CB750C on the CB1100. It is a little beat up and way to big to look good. I did chop 6 inches off the top though and it helped.

I'm thinking about adding vinyl on the back side with a pattern that makes it look smaller.

7838a4d1038fe41abf5d812fe93e8a5e.jpg


560f0dd19238c21b7e97619d6d348b41.jpg


352741fb3a5912a4acdea795ee7e47f9.jpg
Is that the Daytona Cozy Seat? If so, how comfortable is the ride on that seat?
Tiros K style seat. Very comfortable for me being 6 foot tall with a 36" inseam. The seat is taller and wider than the stock one.

New Tiros K style seat
 
kennyw_imp said:
StreetFighter_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
Tossed the windscreen from my old CB750C on the CB1100. It is a little beat up and way to big to look good. I did chop 6 inches off the top though and it helped.

I'm thinking about adding vinyl on the back side with a pattern that makes it look smaller.

7838a4d1038fe41abf5d812fe93e8a5e.jpg


560f0dd19238c21b7e97619d6d348b41.jpg


352741fb3a5912a4acdea795ee7e47f9.jpg
Is that the Daytona Cozy Seat? If so, how comfortable is the ride on that seat?
Tiros K style seat. Very comfortable for me being 6 foot tall with a 36" inseam. The seat is taller and wider than the stock one.

New Tiros K style seat
Tiros K style seat. Very comfortable for me being 6 foot tall with a 36" inseam. The seat is taller and wider than the stock one.

New Tiros K style seat
tell me this doesn't look darn close...

Daytona Kozy
 
Screen looks fine. Looks like my Plexistar 2 with the top cut.

The best thing about it is it comes off in fifteen seconds. Naked when I want it; and protection when I don't.

I don't think I could have made my little ADVrider vacation to Crater Lake and Mount St. Helen if I hadn't had the wind protection. Especially not in the three days of rain. So...flexibility makes up for the somewhat-awkward style; and it still looks heaps better than the old, strip-aluminum-braced "tombstone" windscreen.
 
I had the Slipstreamer S-03 on two different bikes in the past, and still have one on my '80 Yamaha Maxim. It's tall, and I have to look through it. It never bothered me before, but now I keep hearing that with any windshield you should be able to look just over it. I'm thinking about getting another one for the CB. What I don't get is that it's so tall that I doubt it would go on any bike, ever low enough, (can't go lower than the headlight opening) so no rider (unless they are 6'6") wouldn't have to have to look through it. If having to look through a windshield is such an issue, then why do they still make it that way? I totally get your decision to cut yours, but I've always liked the retro look (that would fit the CB perfectly) of that shield, and would like to keep mine tall, but now I'm worried people might call me stupid for not knowing the basic rules of windshield fitting. Am I crazy?
 
That is just a rule of thumb, not a rule lol. Nothing wrong with looking thru a shield or a million Goldwing owners would be laying in ditches someplace.

Conventional wisdom says you should be able to see a spot on the road 50 feet in front of the bike when looking over the windshield in a normal riding position. Like I said not a hard fast rule. depends on how much or how little air you like hitting you, if you can stand buffeting and flag flapping wind noise, or just clean air noise.

I think aftermarket windshields are probably the number 1 farkle for all bikes, right in front of aftermarket seats. I know guys that have bought and sold 1/2 dozen windshields of various heights, widths and curvatures for their bikes and still aren't happy.
 
Thank you The ferret. I just love the look of that Slipstreamer, and it looks so old school. It does provide the most wind protection since it's huge. I think I'm gonna order it.
 
Back
Top