International Ride To Work Day

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
Apparently, it is International Ride to Work Day 2016 today.

Ride To Work – Ride To Work, Work To Ride

So, having been cleared by my cardiologist on Friday to ride again, I rode to work. :)

60764ddd062c15ed027f43467bf7f147.jpg
 
That's good news Sea, congrats. Did you remove the risk of falling wrist band?

I'm retired, so I am just going to go out and ride around a bit.
 
Thread starter
I'm either taping the wristband to my helmet or my bike, not sure which. Photo to follow.
 
Thread starter
MG....turns out that there's nothing wrong with my ticker. On Memorial Day, I had what I am (unprofessionally) describing as a fainting spell. My heart rate was very low which was causing me to pass out. They theorized that I may need a pacemaker, but they also tested me for any type of cardiovascular disease and found none. I've been on a heart monitor since then and Friday, my Dr. said I could drive and ride again. There have been no more instances of a low heart rate, there have been no instances of arrhythmia, and again, there's nothing wrong with the structure of my heart (other than it being cold and black). So, no pacemaker. He also said that about 10-20% of these sort of episodes have no known explanation and never recur.

That's my update. Thanks for the concern. :)
 
Glad to hear you're over that, ES. HOw's your good lady doing?
 
Thread starter
We will know more tomorrow. They remove the (28) staples from her leg in the morning and, we hope, will put her in a brace which will allow her to bend her right knee for the first time since May 24.
 
Best wishes to her from Down Under.
 
It's hard to explain exactly why but that photo of your CB1100 is one of my all-time favorites to appear on this forum. This might have something to do with the fact that lately I've been using my CB almost exclusively for commuting chores as of late but there's more to it. As the bike appears in this image it looks to be patiently sitting there, waiting for the ride like an obedient and willing companion. It nicely illustrates that period of time just before ramping up the focus needed for the ride where you take one last look at the bike, both to check everything out and to simply admire such a great looking machine. Just as important: it does a great job of highlighting the lines of the bike and the overall design that originally drew me to the CB1100 with so much enthusiasm in the first place. No wonder my CB1100 has remained almost entirely stock after 3 plus years. Good stuff.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Guth. I appreciate your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the picture. :)
EmptySea_imp said:
We will know more tomorrow. They remove the (28) staples from her leg in the morning and, we hope, will put her in a brace which will allow her to bend her right knee for the first time since May 24.
Cormanus_imp said:
Best wishes to her from Down Under.
Chapomis_imp said:
Wow, rough spring for you guys. Wish you all the best and your wife a speedy recovery.
Staples out and no more brace at all. Still no weight-bearing for 10 weeks, but she will start PT next week to keep her knee, ankle, and hip in shape for when she can walk on that leg again. Still hopeful that we'll be riding to Virginia in October.

Thanks for the well-wishes. :)
 
So glad to hear that your lady is recovering well from her injury and that your heart is in fine fettle. I refuse to believe your own assessment of it's condition.
 
good news then Sea. Wow 10 weeks. That's a long time. Tell Cheryl I said hey and to hang in there.
 
Thanks for the update, MTC. Best wishes to you both. October ride's a go!
 
Thread starter
[Resurrecting this thread rather than duplicating the topic]
The 3rd Monday in June is “Ride to Work Day”.
http://ridetowork.org/current-events
Did you RTW? Did you extend your commute? Provide a recap here.
Monday, June 15, 2020 -

Actual distance from home to work = 1.0 miles
Morning Commute = 52 miles
Evening Co mmute = 120 miles

Morning took me along Chicagoland's North Shore before looping back to my office.
Evening commute was a 120 round trip just into Wisconsin and back.
Sunny and 70f and Covid-related traffic combined to make this one of the best commutes I've had.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
[Resurrecting this thread rather than duplicating the topic]
The 3rd Monday in June is “Ride to Work Day”.
http://ridetowork.org/current-events
Did you RTW? Did you extend your commute? Provide a recap here.
Monday, June 15, 2020 -

Actual distance from home to work = 1.0 miles
Morning Commute = 52 miles
Evening Co mmute = 120 miles

Morning took me along Chicagoland's North Shore before looping back to my office.
Evening commute was a 120 round trip just into Wisconsin and back.
Sunny and 70f and Covid-related traffic combined to make this one of the best commutes I've had.
1:52...sounds about the right ratio
 
Gee if only I was still working, I could ride my bike to work lol
 
Yeah, I ride every day unless it's raining... and that's because I need new tires.
 
Back
Top