Instrument Cluster

Thread starter
Right, but I thought the only thing stopping people from disconnecting the wire on the rear wheel was that it kills the speedo.
 
Look at the wiring diagram. The 2 voltage wires direct from the rear speed sensor go to the Speedo. Then there is 1 speed wire coming out of the cluster and straight to the ecu. I don't know if the ecu needs to know road speed for its fuel maps or if it would cause a code if it were disconnected
 
Hi,

This is my first post on the group, I've tried to find answers in previous posts and I can't find anything

We've been trying to replace the speedo on a ABS fitted CB1100 today with an Acewell in the workshop and there seem to be problems disconnecting the original speedo. As soon as the M-TXD/RXD wire is disconnected the bike won't rev over 5000 RPM.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this - will a simple resistor to terminate the wire make the ECU work correctly or is an ECU software mod or external interface required?

Any advice on how to make the bike work with the original speedo disconnected would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Craig
 
This is a quick and dirty answer, but IIRC, the speed sensor wire goes to the speedometer and then out to the ECU. You are going to need a wiring diagram to sort through this.
 
Does anyone know if the Green Gauges off the Deluxe will work on the Standard CB1100? I just like the Retro look of the green ones.
 
The '14 std and Dlx wiring diagrams show they are wired the same so I would think they will work. Whether they will mechanically fit, I can't say.
 
I really like the green gauges on the '13, but I love the blue LCD centre display of the '14, anyway to combine both? I find the LCD on the '13 to looks little Casio, but I don't want to give up my traditional green gauges.
 
Good question. I would think not as the 14s' meters communicate with the ECU via a serial interface line. The 13's don't.

Could you do a science project and take them apart and maybe make something work? I do not know :)
 
I bought the Koso TNT for my previous bike but never got around to installing it. I might just put it on the CB one of these days if I ever get some real spare time.
6dbc85a0d2260b6964d0f9501051b62d.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
craigowen_imp said:
Hi,

This is my first post on the group, I've tried to find answers in previous posts and I can't find anything

We've been trying to replace the speedo on a ABS fitted CB1100 today with an Acewell in the workshop and there seem to be problems disconnecting the original speedo. As soon as the M-TXD/RXD wire is disconnected the bike won't rev over 5000 RPM.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this - will a simple resistor to terminate the wire make the ECU work correctly or is an ECU software mod or external interface required?

Any advice on how to make the bike work with the original speedo disconnected would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Craig
Hello Craig! I see this comment was from a while ago, but did you ever figure out a solution? I am having the same issue with another meter I installed on my 2014 CB1100. Thanks!
 
wanobiben...Craig joined Jan 7, 2016 and has not been on the forum since Jan 12, 2016. He lists as being from the UK. There was no email addy in his profile
 
c-breezy_imp said:
I bought the Koso TNT for my previous bike but never got around to installing it. I might just put it on the CB one of these days if I ever get some real spare time.
6dbc85a0d2260b6964d0f9501051b62d.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like this specimen. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top