Mackerel_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Right, but I thought the only thing stopping people from disconnecting the wire on the rear wheel was that it kills the speedo.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Hello Craig! I see this comment was from a while ago, but did you ever figure out a solution? I am having the same issue with another meter I installed on my 2014 CB1100. Thanks!craigowen_imp said:Hi,
This is my first post on the group, I've tried to find answers in previous posts and I can't find anything
We've been trying to replace the speedo on a ABS fitted CB1100 today with an Acewell in the workshop and there seem to be problems disconnecting the original speedo. As soon as the M-TXD/RXD wire is disconnected the bike won't rev over 5000 RPM.
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this - will a simple resistor to terminate the wire make the ECU work correctly or is an ECU software mod or external interface required?
Any advice on how to make the bike work with the original speedo disconnected would be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Craig
I really like this specimen.c-breezy_imp said:I bought the Koso TNT for my previous bike but never got around to installing it. I might just put it on the CB one of these days if I ever get some real spare time.
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
