Impressive, most impressive

Nice. Those guys have some skills. I'd hate to think about how many drops, dents, scratches and digns it would take to get to that level, lol.
 
Very impressive. I think the Japanese police have a display team that really excels. I don't know if that's them or very keen and competitive civilians.

Cheers
 
I've seen quite a few of these Japanese agility competitions over the years, but that's the first time I've seen them using CB1100s.

It's a good illustration that you don't have to go fast to achieve peg scraping lean angles. Actually, this is how I scrub in a new tire. I find a big patch of asphalt at the airport and make low speed figure 8s until the sidewalls are thoroughly scrubbed.
 
These obstacle course events seem to happen fairly often in the South, and they're rather enjoyable. I most recently saw one hosted by the Jacksonville Police Department, at the local gigantic Harley dealership.

This isn't my video, but it's a good sample what you can expect to see:

Speaking with a fellow in the audience, he downplayed the showing as "all you see here is good clutch control, most any experienced rider can do it".
While I agree that it's a good part clutch control, throwing around an 800 pound motorcycle like it's a moped does not come without many hours of hard practice.
They do it quite well.
 
They didn't look like professionals at all. I had to do the same thing on my motorcycle test at DMV in NC, only had to do 1 pass thru the cones and back. That was on a HD FXDL. That stopping and not putting the foot down part, forget it.
 
Thread starter
another cool visual review

mods, how do you imbed a youtube vid? I've seen it here, bit cannot remember the topic and following codes don't work:
[YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]nwP71DZKfsw[/YOUTUBE]
 
I practice stuff like this in empty parking lots whenever I can. There's a video tutorial series called "Ride Like a Pro" by a former motorcop that teaches this stuff pretty well.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
I practice stuff like this in empty parking lots whenever I can. There's a video tutorial series called "Ride Like a Pro" by a former motorcop that teaches this stuff pretty well.
these guys are super cool. Thanks for the vid.
I do the same...weekly I go to an abandoned lot and do tight figure 8's, and slow speed skills- its fun, and really helps with overall safety and confidence.
 
Yah, I don't wanna be one of those guys that has to "duck walk" his bike through a tight u-turn. Lol.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Yah, I don't wanna be one of those guys that has to "duck walk" his bike through a tight u-turn. Lol.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
ha...yes, the "duck walk" just wouldn't work for me either...lol
 
Riko_imp said:
another cool visual review

mods, how do you imbed a youtube vid? I've seen it here, bit cannot remember the topic and following codes don't work:
[YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]nwP71DZKfsw[/YOUTUBE]
Good thing for the subtitles or I wouldn't understand a word!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top