Idel speed

enzo_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi people of good taste......
My steed seems to be Idling a bit high.
Is it a screw driver adjustment or is a trip to a meck.
Thanks
enzo
 
1.4 mine will run that as it warms up, 1.2 is in spec at 1.1 +_ .1 if memory serves me. There is no idle adjustment screw
 
There is no screw for idle adjustment. If you have a service manual, look on page 3-16. A number of systems can cause the engine to idle incorrectly. If all else is well, then "...check the following: throttle operation and throttle grip free play.
intake air leak or engine top-end problem
IACV operation.

Take in if you think its wrong. Idle is set by the computer based on a number of sensor inputs, etc. VFRpaul can probably explain it in detail.

OH, 1.2 is within spec. 1100 +- 100 rpm when warm
 
Shop manual

Edit to add. This was discussed some time ago and one user found what he thought was an idle adjustment screw.

There isn't one and that was for something you DON'T want to mess up.
 
Thread starter
Booked in for first service and the mechanic agrees to 1.2, normal.
Popgun were did you get the workshop manual?
 
The Honda dealer. Or you can order direct from Helm. Its in the owners manual.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=

Helm prints the manuals, even the one you get at the dealer. Cost is around $65 if I recall correctly.
 
Thread starter
It looks like it.
It 's for a CB1100A, I gather ABS brakes.
In Austalia It's CB1100F. Non ABS.
 
The manual we get in the US covers both ABS and NON ABS bikes.

I believe the part number is in the owners manual, but your dealer can get it for you if not.

I looked on Helm and 61MGC00 is the manual for our bikes, and shows it is for CB1100/A, both ABS and non-abs
 
my CB idles at 1k.. I found this thread because that seems high, so I was looking for a solution. but I guess it isn't high at all..
 
Enzo. Was your bike initially idling at a lower RPM, and does it now appear to be idling higher? Check-out the link on this forum titled "15' CB1100 Idle speed unstable problem". My bike experienced symptoms of too low (stalling) and too high (1,400 - 1,500 RPM) both. There are several people on this forum who have experienced problems with varying idle speed. The most common was with idling too low and stalling, but there are reports of it going both ways. One member reported that the dealer told him the throttle cable was improperly adjusted. Some members have had their entire throttle body assembly replaced. I believe that this is a fairly common problem, and some bikes exhibit it to a larger degree than others. On my bike the problem came and went, and right now (I cross my fingers and pray) it is idling nicely at (approximately) 1,050 RPM. Good luck, and let us know if your idle RPM fluctuates in the future.
 
When I had the stalling problem occasionally it would also seem to 'stick' at a higher than normal idle speed.

Since the stalling issue is fixed by the dealer under warranty (replaced full throttle body) my bike tends to high idle from time to time.
Speaking of 1200-1300 max.

After experiencing the annoying and potential dangerous stalling problem, I can live with a bike that idles slightly higher than normal. :)

But most of the time the idle speed is spot on btw.
 
Back
Top