I took an inspection for my CB.

piunit_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I went to an inspection facilities today.
We Japanese people have to take the inspection for our cars and motorcycles every two years.
It’s a rule here in Japan but it costs a lot of money.
So we are always nervous because of the inspection every year or every two years.
We usually take the inspection at a car dealer or a motorcycle dealer but their charges are expensive because those dealers must get a profit accepting the inspection instead of owners.
Car and motorcycle owner can take the inspection easily asking it to the dealers but some people including me can’t accept that idea.
So I usually take it by myself because it is much cheaper than the dealers.
It usually costs about 800 USD at the dealers but if I take it by myself, it just costs 200 USD!!
Although I have to prepare some documents and must maintain by myself.
I can maintain several check points and can change several things such as the engine oil or break pads.
So I can take it by myself even though I always ask it for my car because maintaining cars is so-so difficult.
For example, I cannot lift my car up to change the engine oil and also changing parts is not so easy.
I at least take the inspection by myself for my CB.:)
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
Wow ! That is expensive.
$35 here.
Nice looking service garage.
Hi Chapomis.
Yeah! It's too expensive!
This facility is not the service garage, it's an inspection field.
Our motorcycles are checked about several specification such as light able, horn, turn signals and CO2 level etc.
If my bike cannot pass the test I have to make a reservation to take the inspection again on another day. Booo.
 
$12 USD for a motorcycle inspection in Virginia :)
 
We used to have them here but they did away with them. Funny thing was your vehicle would fail at one place...drive straight to another testing facility and it would pass.
 
I seem to recall that Japan is pretty strong on this stuff. I may well be wrong, but I think I recall once hearing the cost of registering a vehicle increases after two years as they try to keep older less safe and more polluting vehicles off the road.
 
Thread starter
I wanted to type this way below.
"I went to an inspection facility today."
"light angle"
Sorry.
Rocky_imp said:
I'm stunned! That's absurdly expensive :@
Hi Rocky.
Yeah! It's toooooo expensive.:(
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$12 USD for a motorcycle inspection in Virginia :)
Hi popgun.
Does your state have the similar inspection too?
If so, it's much cheaper than Japan's. Boooo
I'm jealous....
 
Most of these countries with high prices due to built-in taxes or not-built-in fees are social welfare states -- that's how they pay for the welfare.

Here the inspection is $35 and consists of the owner applying the brake(s), turning on the turn signals, and applying the horn. All done in 2 minutes. But they very much want to make sure you have insurance!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
We used to have them here but they did away with them. Funny thing was your vehicle would fail at one place...drive straight to another testing facility and it would pass.
Hi The ferret.
Haven't your state had the inspection anymore?
That charge depends on dealers as you said but taking it by ourselves is cheapest.
Almost all of them are taxes.
 
No inspections of any kind in Georgia and just one of the reasons I like where I live. Once a year by birth month we pay a license tag registration fee of $20 per motorcycle.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I seem to recall that Japan is pretty strong on this stuff. I may well be wrong, but I think I recall once hearing the cost of registering a vehicle increases after two years as they try to keep older less safe and more polluting vehicles off the road.
Yeah.
Foolish politicians and government workers like to increase taxes.
We are always angry. Boooo
postoak_imp said:
Most of these countries with high prices due to built-in taxes or not-built-in fees are social welfare states -- that's how they pay for the welfare.

Here the inspection is $35 and consists of the owner applying the brake(s), turning on the turn signals, and applying the horn. All done in 2 minutes. But they very much want to make sure you have insurance!
Hi postoak.
That sounds good.
It"s so cheap......I'm jealous. Ha ha
redbirds_imp said:
No inspections of any kind in Georgia and just one of the reasons I like where I live. Once a year by birth month we pay a license tag registration fee of $20 per motorcycle.
Hi redbirds.
Sounds good and even the registration fee is so cheap.
I really move to your country, ha ha
postoak_imp said:
Most of these countries with high prices due to built-in taxes or not-built-in fees are social welfare states -- that's how they pay for the welfare.

Here the inspection is $35 and consists of the owner applying the brake(s), turning on the turn signals, and applying the horn. All done in 2 minutes. But they very much want to make sure you have insurance!
I forgot referring the insurance.
We Japanese people have to have a compulsion insurance when we registered a car or a bike and have to pay it every inspection.
 
Wow piunit that is a lot of money but I always enjoy seeing your pictures and reading your post.
Florida has no Inspections of any kind .
 
postoak_imp said:
Most of these countries with high prices due to built-in taxes or not-built-in fees are social welfare states -- that's how they pay for the welfare.

Here the inspection is $35 and consists of the owner applying the brake(s), turning on the turn signals, and applying the horn. All done in 2 minutes. But they very much want to make sure you have insurance!
What happens if you don't?
 
Done away with in NJ too. I always thought it was a joke anyway. They would check my papers, tell me to beep the horn and put the turn signals on. Then tell me to ride 20ft ahead and come to a stop. Done. But it was free at the state centers.
 
Thread starter
use2b_imp said:
Wow piunit that is a lot of money but I always enjoy seeing your pictures and reading your post.
Florida has no Inspections of any kind .
Hi use2b.
No no, i'm not rich at all.
Keeping our own bike costs a lot of money. Boooo.
So I always save money little by little for next inspection otherwise I must scream. Ha ha
Thanks for enjoying my posts.
By the way, your picture is very interested.
Even if I have that bike and ride it here in Japan, policeman will makes me stop soon and I might be arrested in worst case. Ha ha
Anyway, Japanese government cannot control us without making many severe rules. Always......
ClassicVW_imp said:
Done away with in NJ too. I always thought it was a joke anyway. They would check my papers, tell me to beep the horn and put the turn signals on. Then tell me to ride 20ft ahead and come to a stop. Done. But it was free at the state centers.
Hi ClassicVW.
Your state too?
I'm envious. Ha ha
I welcome if there is the inspection like a joke if it is for free.:D
use2b.
Sorry I wanted write this way.
"Your picture is interesting." Ha ha
 
No vehicle inspections in Nebraska. We voted that out in the 80s. Even the bureaucrats though that it was a joke. However, an officer can still cite an operator/owner for having an unsafe vehicle on the road, which makes more sense.

BTW and a little off-topic...EPA and Dept of Labor wants to restrict farmers and ag operators from working on their own farm equipment! The ridiculousness from D.C. seems to never end.
 
Thread starter
Haystack_imp said:
No vehicle inspections in Nebraska. We voted that out in the 80s. Even the bureaucrats though that it was a joke. However, an officer can still cite an operator/owner for having an unsafe vehicle on the road, which makes more sense.

BTW and a little off-topic...EPA and Dept of Labor wants to restrict farmers and ag operators from working on their own farm equipment! The ridiculousness from D.C. seems to never end.
Hi Haystack.
We really want to make Japan stop the stupid rule but meanwhile I think a lot of people won't maintain their bikes enough if the inspection doesn't exist.
There are so many stupid rules in our traffic rule.
For example, we have to wear a helmet even when we ride a small 50cc bikes.
Of course I know it is safer than no-helmet but Japan's justice system is too severe......
 
Back
Top