I need a new seat

egleaves_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I love this bike, but finding a replacement for the factory seat is priority #1.

Riding solo, I am constantly sliding forward into the tank. 2-up is even worse. For the sake of the family jewels I am looking for something more contoured and some extra support for the passenger, like a back rest or grab bar.

So far it's the Corbin Gunfighter & Lady that is grabbing my attention. It seems like many people here have great things to say about this seat. My only concern is the removable backrest being a single post mount, does it wiggle or flex during mount/dismount? If so, does it lead to any wear on the mount?

It looks like the most recent one up for sale in the classifieds has been scooped up. If anyone else is looking to sell, I'm interested.

Anyone know of another option for comfortable 2-up riding?
 
To each his own. I had a Corbin gunfighter with backrest. Found it an improvement, but still not the comfort level I was looking for. After reading a substantial amount of reviews, I bought a Daytona Cozy from Samurider. Not only is it more comfortable by allowing me to ride longer without taking a brake, it adds to the retro look of the bike.
10b30735d956728bfdbfa1c43f9a9b84.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
To each his own. I had a Corbin gunfighter with backrest. Found it an improvement, but still not the comfort level I was looking for. After reading a substantial amount of reviews, I bought a Daytona Cozy from Samurider. Not only is it more comfortable by allowing me to ride longer without taking a brake, it adds to the retro look of the bike.
10b30735d956728bfdbfa1c43f9a9b84.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you acquire the emblem on your side panel? Nice looking Standard.
 
clearviewx_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
To each his own. I had a Corbin gunfighter with backrest. Found it an improvement, but still not the comfort level I was looking for. After reading a substantial amount of reviews, I bought a Daytona Cozy from Samurider. Not only is it more comfortable by allowing me to ride longer without taking a brake, it adds to the retro look of the bike.
10b30735d956728bfdbfa1c43f9a9b84.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you acquire the emblem on your side panel? Nice looking Standard.
Where did you acquire the emblem on your side panel? Nice looking Standard.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay. They can also be ordered from a Honda dealer. Knockoffs are available and cheaper but don't have the HM trademark.
d5ac66d285d7b73d4ca253a55dcf5e52.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
To each his own. I had a Corbin gunfighter with backrest. Found it an improvement, but still not the comfort level I was looking for. After reading a substantial amount of reviews, I bought a Daytona Cozy from Samurider. Not only is it more comfortable by allowing me to ride longer without taking a brake, it adds to the retro look of the bike.
10b30735d956728bfdbfa1c43f9a9b84.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the high or standard seat?
Did they have an option to enter your weight to adjust the foam?
 
That is a really really nice looking seat!
Must be uber expensive...so I won't even ask (or google) what they go for.
 
I was just notified by Takashi-San, at Samurider, that my ordered K&H mid-sized, red stitched, seat shipped today. It took a month. Others here have this seat at different thicknesses and have all been happy with the results. You can ordered it with a foam density that matches your weight as well. I'll post once I get it under me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
To each his own. I had a Corbin gunfighter with backrest. Found it an improvement, but still not the comfort level I was looking for. After reading a substantial amount of reviews, I bought a Daytona Cozy from Samurider. Not only is it more comfortable by allowing me to ride longer without taking a brake, it adds to the retro look of the bike.
10b30735d956728bfdbfa1c43f9a9b84.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a nice seat Ron, I see why you sold me your Corbin now. Does it have the ability to mount a sissy bar?
 
Banned_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
To each his own. I had a Corbin gunfighter with backrest. Found it an improvement, but still not the comfort level I was looking for. After reading a substantial amount of reviews, I bought a Daytona Cozy from Samurider. Not only is it more comfortable by allowing me to ride longer without taking a brake, it adds to the retro look of the bike.
10b30735d956728bfdbfa1c43f9a9b84.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a nice seat Ron, I see why you sold me your Corbin now. Does it have the ability to mount a sissy bar?
That is a nice seat Ron, I see why you sold me your Corbin now. Does it have the ability to mount a sissy bar?

Not sure. I have the Honda rack and have never thought about a sissy bar. The only ones I've seen on the forum with a sissy bar have been modified to fit from another cycle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
egleaves_imp said:
I love this bike, but finding a replacement for the factory seat is priority #1.

Riding solo, I am constantly sliding forward into the tank. 2-up is even worse. For the sake of the family jewels I am looking for something more contoured and some extra support for the passenger, like a back rest or grab bar.

So far it's the Corbin Gunfighter & Lady that is grabbing my attention. It seems like many people here have great things to say about this seat. My only concern is the removable backrest being a single post mount, does it wiggle or flex during mount/dismount? If so, does it lead to any wear on the mount?

It looks like the most recent one up for sale in the classifieds has been scooped up. If anyone else is looking to sell, I'm interested.

Anyone know of another option for comfortable 2-up riding?
 
what kind of tank knee pads are those? Anybody have any sizing recomendations for tank pads or can tell me which ones look best on a deluxe?
 
I feel your pain as I cried while braking with a full size wife on my last bike...... the seat on my CB1100 is very bench and solved the problem for me.
 
Back
Top