I guess I can forget about the Deluxe. . .

Leb'n Hundit_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I'm looking for a 2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe.

I wish that Honda would produce the CB1100 again, just as it was before, when I turned down the opportunity to buy one.

If I had that chance again. . . .
 
They are indeed rare but 2 recently came up for sale on ebay, but were scooped up rather quickly. Keep your eyes open and you may get lucky.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
They are indeed rare but 2 recently came up for sale on ebay, but were scooped up rather quickly. Keep your eyes open and you may get lucky.
I need to contact Honda, and see what the heck they're doing for 2017.
And DON"T try to sell me the vtx. VTX? CTX?

Why? why don't they stick with something that people are still going to want some years later?

I had sat on one, and was still like "Gee, I don't know. . . . ".

Well, today, I miss that darn bike.

None on ebay at this time, and I don't think want to chase ebay and craigslist. I'll just move on and see what the 2016s offer, from other bike makers as well.

There's a smaller bike like Yamaha makes. Xsr900. I like all the reviews on it. It's sort of standard/retro, and apparently is not shy on power. But again, " Gee, I don't know . . . . ."
 
Then you'd have to change your name to nine hundit

Don't like the std's? They are readily available
 
Leb'n once I became serious about finding a Deluxe it took 2 weeks to find a nice one. They are not common, but not the Hope diamond either. In fact there is a nice one at a Denver dealer now.
 
Try cycletrader.com,there's one in calif.at del amp motorsports with 1500 miles for $5999(2013),one in ft lauderdale with 17,000 miles for the same price, and a whole bunch of new 2013 deluxe for msrp or "call for price".You might also try track n trail in state college pa,he has the basic black in stock and could probably get a deluxe for you at a fair price,he don't mess around,moves a lot of bikes at attractive prices.Bought a sportster(1997) and a new cb1100 black from him this year,money talks.
 
Here is one in Colorado, but I'm sure they will ship. Good price and low miles. Colorado dealers are required to be closed on Sunday and today is a holiday, so if you call them first thing tomorrow they probably still have it:

http://www.faymyers.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=393333&pov=4701172

Leb\'n Hundit_imp" pid="48223" dateline="1467643200 said:
I'm looking for a 2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe.

I wish that Honda would produce the CB1100 again, just as it was before, when I turned down the opportunity to buy one.

If I had that chance again. . . .
 
Frankly, I like my 2014 "standard" so much, if I had a choice between a leftover Standard and a used 2013 Deluxe, each for about the same cost, I'd take the Standard. Why? Because of the six speed transmission! It helps to see one in person . . . pictures of the all black Standard do not do it justice!
 
My mistake, thanks for pointing that out. Just change what I said above to . . . "if I had a choice between a leftover Standard and a used 2013 w/ABS, each for about the same cost, I'd take the Standard."
 
I prefer the Standard as well, particularly the 4 into 1, which while non-symmetric, saves weight and is what performance- oriented owners went for since CB time immoral. Spec sheet favors some of the enhancements of the DLX, and it's a stunning look if that's what you're going for. I considered picking up a DLX recently, but passed. Close to 600 LB's for a bike like the CB is a deal breaker for me.
 
If you're really serious about buying a Deluxe, call Fay Myers in Denver right now and give them a deposit over the phone for the one they have. You can have the bike shipped for $450 from Home - HAULBIKES. Fay Myers is familiar with them -- I just bought a bike on eBay and had it shipped directly to Fay Myers for its initial service. No big deal.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all so much. So, I gather they are around, here and there.
But, then one of you mentioned the 600 pound weight. No thanks.

Anyway, I think I've decided on a Yamy.

BUT, at the time, I was so hot on the Deluxe, I thought about little else. But, I can't handle anything that heavy. Thanks again, for all the research you all have done.
 
Good luck with your search. As far as weight goes I have a dlx and it doesn't feel like 575# but then again I don't lift it, I just ride it. It weighs about 150# less than my ST 1300 so to me it feels like a light weight
 
I think the "official" weight (wet, all fluid and full tank of fuel) spec for a Deluxe, according to Honda, is 570 lbs. The standard model is of course less with its smaller fuel tank and single sided exhaust at 540 lbs.

Btw, the "numbers" for HP and TQ ratings - seldom listed in any American Honda spec - are 88.5 BHP at 7500 rpm and 68.6 ft-lbs at 5000 rpm. I assume there might be a slight difference between standard and deluxe models because of their unique exhaust systems.
 
The relatively tall, narrow tires on the CB help to make it a fairly agile bike. It weighs about the same as my K1200RS but is much lighter once underway.
 
On its' feet the CB is one very light bike. She weighs more than my Griso yet feels a lot lighter.

If you put on cases savers it is very easy to pick up. Pop it up so that she is on the cases savers and the tires, adjust your grip and she pops right up. I was able to do it with a broken collar bone and a bad back.

You DO notice the weight when you are wheeling her about the garage or parking lot and gawd help you if you parker pointing down and have to back her up (but this is true of many bikes).

So your concern about weight is a very valid one, and one I think will vaporize once you ride her.

But there are lots of good bikes out there, very hard to find a POS today so if you choose to pass on the DLX I'm sure your next bike will be great.
 
Back
Top