i give up for a while...

dlhmatt_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
If I ever have a bad one, I just hope it's my fault, because that decreases my chances of ever having a bad one.

The bad thing about a motorcycle, you will get the worst end of the deal whether it is your fault or not. If a 2500 lb car pulls out in front of my 7000 lb truck physics are in my favor. I actually had this happen once, direct T-bone, pure luck for car I hit the passenger side, no passengers, turned left in front of me at a stop light so relatively slow speed.

I've read it on this forum before, but ride like you are invisible and like they are trying to hit you, sometimes easier said than done.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss. She pulled out in front of me then changed lanes as soon as i got close enough.


Randy B_imp said:
I hate to say this, but with the engine damage I'd be completely shocked if they don't total the bike. I had over 5,000 in damage (including labor) and all I had replaced on the engine were two case covers. You look to have case damage and that throws it into a completely different category, unfortunately.

Heal up man. It's going to take time.
Yeah but this is for the better... I'll miss this bike but I'm just going to work on my roadster. I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss.

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.

Your first line quoted was really funny Matt ...lol

Second line quoted..glad you are finally home. Hospitals stink, hard to sleep, always taking blood and stuff, weird noises, weird smells. It has to feel good to be home with your family.

Keep us informed. She was sited and insured correct?
 
Good to read that you are home & out of hospital... your level of pain has my sympathy!... hope you can feel a little tinge of the sympathy sent your way!!... that roadster is going to appreciate its new level of attention once you get some time on it... keep its lube flowing... and keep yours flowing toward more recovery with patience (easy for me to type out, huh?!)... be kind to your supporting family... again, just glad you are here to type out some posts!:hello:
 
2010 I crashed my TU250. A stupid lady didn't slow for a yield at all while on the phone. I locked the brakes and went over the bars, dislocating my left shoulder. I popped it back in. After talking to the police and fire dept I rode the rest of the way to work. It took me six months to get the shoulder back. Rode to rehab on the TU. You will heal. Glad you are home.
 
EDIT:

For some reason with this thread I get the new replies notification, but it won't show them to me unless I reply again...it has become a bit frustrating.

I'm glad your're home now. Just do what the doctors tell you and don't rush things. That can set you back days, weeks or months if you re injure yourself somehow.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
dlhmatt_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
If I ever have a bad one, I just hope it's my fault, because that decreases my chances of ever having a bad one.

The bad thing about a motorcycle, you will get the worst end of the deal whether it is your fault or not. If a 2500 lb car pulls out in front of my 7000 lb truck physics are in my favor. I actually had this happen once, direct T-bone, pure luck for car I hit the passenger side, no passengers, turned left in front of me at a stop light so relatively slow speed.

I've read it on this forum before, but ride like you are invisible and like they are trying to hit you, sometimes easier said than done.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss. She pulled out in front of me then changed lanes as soon as i got close enough.


Randy B_imp said:
I hate to say this, but with the engine damage I'd be completely shocked if they don't total the bike. I had over 5,000 in damage (including labor) and all I had replaced on the engine were two case covers. You look to have case damage and that throws it into a completely different category, unfortunately.

Heal up man. It's going to take time.
Yeah but this is for the better... I'll miss this bike but I'm just going to work on my roadster. I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss.

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.

Your first line quoted was really funny Matt ...lol

Second line quoted..glad you are finally home. Hospitals stink, hard to sleep, always taking blood and stuff, weird noises, weird smells. It has to feel good to be home with your family.

Keep us informed. She was sited and insured correct?
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss.

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.

Your first line quoted was really funny Matt ...lol

Second line quoted..glad you are finally home. Hospitals stink, hard to sleep, always taking blood and stuff, weird noises, weird smells. It has to feel good to be home with your family.

Keep us informed. She was sited and insured correct?
Yes she is insured but that's all i know so far.


Can't wait to finish up my 65' Datsun Fairlady Roadster

e8c27acc668e0220ead2f879d5468f24.jpg
 
dlhmatt_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
dlhmatt_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
If I ever have a bad one, I just hope it's my fault, because that decreases my chances of ever having a bad one.

The bad thing about a motorcycle, you will get the worst end of the deal whether it is your fault or not. If a 2500 lb car pulls out in front of my 7000 lb truck physics are in my favor. I actually had this happen once, direct T-bone, pure luck for car I hit the passenger side, no passengers, turned left in front of me at a stop light so relatively slow speed.

I've read it on this forum before, but ride like you are invisible and like they are trying to hit you, sometimes easier said than done.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss. She pulled out in front of me then changed lanes as soon as i got close enough.


Randy B_imp said:
I hate to say this, but with the engine damage I'd be completely shocked if they don't total the bike. I had over 5,000 in damage (including labor) and all I had replaced on the engine were two case covers. You look to have case damage and that throws it into a completely different category, unfortunately.

Heal up man. It's going to take time.
Yeah but this is for the better... I'll miss this bike but I'm just going to work on my roadster. I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss.

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.

Your first line quoted was really funny Matt ...lol

Second line quoted..glad you are finally home. Hospitals stink, hard to sleep, always taking blood and stuff, weird noises, weird smells. It has to feel good to be home with your family.

Keep us informed. She was sited and insured correct?
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss.

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.

Your first line quoted was really funny Matt ...lol

Second line quoted..glad you are finally home. Hospitals stink, hard to sleep, always taking blood and stuff, weird noises, weird smells. It has to feel good to be home with your family.

Keep us informed. She was sited and insured correct?
Yes she is insured but that's all i know so far.


Can't wait to finish up my 65' Datsun Fairlady Roadster

e8c27acc668e0220ead2f879d5468f24.jpg
There is a rarity. Datsun 1500 didn't come to the US with "Fairlady" badging, did they? A whopping 357cc more than your CB, so be careful!
 
Look at that nice inline motor. I had a slant six 68 Dodge Dart. Engine knocked like an old radiator but still a nice rig. My parents always drove Dodge, paid cash used and drove them into the ground.
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
dlhmatt_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
dlhmatt_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
If I ever have a bad one, I just hope it's my fault, because that decreases my chances of ever having a bad one.

The bad thing about a motorcycle, you will get the worst end of the deal whether it is your fault or not. If a 2500 lb car pulls out in front of my 7000 lb truck physics are in my favor. I actually had this happen once, direct T-bone, pure luck for car I hit the passenger side, no passengers, turned left in front of me at a stop light so relatively slow speed.

I've read it on this forum before, but ride like you are invisible and like they are trying to hit you, sometimes easier said than done.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss. She pulled out in front of me then changed lanes as soon as i got close enough.


Randy B_imp said:
I hate to say this, but with the engine damage I'd be completely shocked if they don't total the bike. I had over 5,000 in damage (including labor) and all I had replaced on the engine were two case covers. You look to have case damage and that throws it into a completely different category, unfortunately.

Heal up man. It's going to take time.
Yeah but this is for the better... I'll miss this bike but I'm just going to work on my roadster. I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss.

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.

Your first line quoted was really funny Matt ...lol

Second line quoted..glad you are finally home. Hospitals stink, hard to sleep, always taking blood and stuff, weird noises, weird smells. It has to feel good to be home with your family.

Keep us informed. She was sited and insured correct?
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss.

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.

Your first line quoted was really funny Matt ...lol

Second line quoted..glad you are finally home. Hospitals stink, hard to sleep, always taking blood and stuff, weird noises, weird smells. It has to feel good to be home with your family.

Keep us informed. She was sited and insured correct?
Yes she is insured but that's all i know so far.


Can't wait to finish up my 65' Datsun Fairlady Roadster

e8c27acc668e0220ead2f879d5468f24.jpg
There is a rarity. Datsun 1500 didn't come to the US with "Fairlady" badging, did they? A whopping 357cc more than your CB, so be careful!
There is a rarity. Datsun 1500 didn't come to the US with "Fairlady" badging, did they? A whopping 357cc more than your CB, so be careful!
Yes this is a 1500 and yes they were all badged Fairlady.

ClassicVW_imp said:
Nice find! Looks ebay " Minty" too!
Craigslist barn car from up north. It sat from 1975 till 2010 with a seized up motor.

nhawk7504_imp said:
Look at that nice inline motor. I had a slant six 68 Dodge Dart. Engine knocked like an old radiator but still a nice rig. My parents always drove Dodge, paid cash used and drove them into the ground.
Even nicer when i drop in its new motor.
 
Any word on your CB? Is it at a dealership getting an estimate?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Any word on your CB? Is it at a dealership getting an estimate?
Just got off the phone with my lawyers office. She said she has been playing phone tag with the insurance adjuster. So I'm still waiting to find out.
 
Someone had to pick it up off the street and take it somewhere?
 
Thread starter
Went and signed the release paper and checked out the bike...









I got hauled off in an ambulance bike got hauled off on a flatbed. I just filled it up with gas too. The firefighters said it was leaking gas and yeah the tank is bone dry.
 
oooh that cracked lower crankcase doesn't look good...well none of it looks good, but the crankcase is major bucks.

Looks like you went down pretty hard. Glad you weren't hurt worse.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
oooh that cracked lower crankcase doesn't look good...well none of it looks good, but the crankcase is major bucks.

Looks like you went down pretty hard. Glad you weren't hurt worse.
yuuuuuuup sounds totaled.

yeah i got the crap knocked out of me. It could have been worse for sure.
 
Anything besides the ribs get broken?
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
Anything besides the ribs get broken?
My ego... LOL
Road rash from my knuckles to shoulder on my left arm. 4 stitches on my left elbow. Road rash from knuckles to elbow on my right arm. 4 stitches on my cheek. 4 stitches on my right knee. Road rash on my love handles and upper butt cheeks. Road rash on a couple of my toes because i lost my right shoe. Every muscle in my back neck and shoulders is pulled and tweaked and i banged up my left ankle too.
 
What were you wearing when you went down? long sleeve, boots?

dlhmatt_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Anything besides the ribs get broken?
My ego... LOL
Road rash from my knuckles to shoulder on my left arm. 4 stitches on my left elbow. Road rash from knuckles to elbow on my right arm. 4 stitches on my cheek. 4 stitches on my right knee. Road rash on my love handles and upper butt cheeks. Road rash on a couple of my toes because i lost my right shoe. Every muscle in my back neck and shoulders is pulled and tweaked and i banged up my left ankle too.
My ego... LOL
Road rash from my knuckles to shoulder on my left arm. 4 stitches on my left elbow. Road rash from knuckles to elbow on my right arm. 4 stitches on my cheek. 4 stitches on my right knee. Road rash on my love handles and upper butt cheeks. Road rash on a couple of my toes because i lost my right shoe. Every muscle in my back neck and shoulders is pulled and tweaked and i banged up my left ankle too.
 
Thread starter
holy666diver_imp said:
What were you wearing when you went down? long sleeve, boots?

dlhmatt_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Anything besides the ribs get broken?
My ego... LOL
Road rash from my knuckles to shoulder on my left arm. 4 stitches on my left elbow. Road rash from knuckles to elbow on my right arm. 4 stitches on my cheek. 4 stitches on my right knee. Road rash on my love handles and upper butt cheeks. Road rash on a couple of my toes because i lost my right shoe. Every muscle in my back neck and shoulders is pulled and tweaked and i banged up my left ankle too.
My ego... LOL
Road rash from my knuckles to shoulder on my left arm. 4 stitches on my left elbow. Road rash from knuckles to elbow on my right arm. 4 stitches on my cheek. 4 stitches on my right knee. Road rash on my love handles and upper butt cheeks. Road rash on a couple of my toes because i lost my right shoe. Every muscle in my back neck and shoulders is pulled and tweaked and i banged up my left ankle too.
My ego... LOL
Road rash from my knuckles to shoulder on my left arm. 4 stitches on my left elbow. Road rash from knuckles to elbow on my right arm. 4 stitches on my cheek. 4 stitches on my right knee. Road rash on my love handles and upper butt cheeks. Road rash on a couple of my toes because i lost my right shoe. Every muscle in my back neck and shoulders is pulled and tweaked and i banged up my left ankle too.
jeans, t shirt and vans shoes. was wearing a 3/4 helmet too.
 
Yeah you'd be feeling much better if you wore some nice summer gear for sure. Sometimes up here in New England I wear just underwear under my riding gear. I sweat at the lights but then cool off as soon as I am moving again. Then hang the riding gear outside. Garden hose it. Ready to roll again. (Or not! LoL. "God awful stink behind that motorcycle, Harold. Stay back!") I think in FL you need to be loud, bright and light, as in ready to move the bike wherever at a moments notice. Rush Hour HIGH VIS is a must. I loved my TU250 in traffic. Zippy light. - But let's face it, rush hour in FL is a car mess. With all the traffic lights I am sure people are texting up a storm. I just try to find drivers who I see paying attention and hang with them. - You will heal and that is the main thing. I ride in FL when I am there, as if everyone IS going to do that stupid thing and they do. My brother says the same in Melbourne. He knows they will. Right turn. Left turn. No signal. Vote for tough texting laws.
 
Back
Top