i give up for a while...

DGShannon_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Matt did you have the shield down?, or did it break off? Or ?
dlhmatt_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Matt did you have the shield down?, or did it break off? Or ?
Shield down. But that cuss popped right off
OK, maybe I am missing something here. No expectation that a 3/4 helmet's flip down bug shield was going to matter (up or down) in an accident, was there?
dlhmatt_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Matt did you have the shield down?, or did it break off? Or ?
Shield down. But that cuss popped right off
OK, maybe I am missing something here. No expectation that a 3/4 helmet's flip down bug shield was going to matter (up or down) in an accident, was there?
I wear a 3/4 helmet with shield a lot...wore one today as a matter of fact. When the shield is down and locked into place, it is pretty rigid and I expected there would be some kind of protection from it. Certainly not as much as from a full face helmet, but certainly more than from an open face helmet or no helmet at all.
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Matt did you have the shield down?, or did it break off? Or ?
dlhmatt_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Matt did you have the shield down?, or did it break off? Or ?
Shield down. But that cuss popped right off
OK, maybe I am missing something here. No expectation that a 3/4 helmet's flip down bug shield was going to matter (up or down) in an accident, was there?
dlhmatt_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Matt did you have the shield down?, or did it break off? Or ?
Shield down. But that cuss popped right off
OK, maybe I am missing something here. No expectation that a 3/4 helmet's flip down bug shield was going to matter (up or down) in an accident, was there?
It didn't stay attached to the helmet. We think it was my sunglass that cut my face.
 
Sorry that you got banged up! You're alive and healing. That's the main thing. - I use the middle or left lanes and use another car ahead of me as a shield of sorts. If there is not car in front of me, I slow down for places like that so that if the person turning right does not see me, I have someplace to go. The South is full of idiotic (for motorcycles) intersections like this and if you are going straight, the only place to be is the middle (scary) lane. But in heavy traffic all bets are off. I rode at rush hour in Melbourne on Route 1 South and it was pretty terrifying. I wore all my gear despite the 88 degree heat, vents open. - You just have to assume that these idiots will be idiots. - Sweating hurts less than road rash but hind sight is 20/20, so just glad you'll heal. The car sounds like a good idea. A BIG car! - Get well soon Matt!
 
someone just tell me her sister had an accident this monday. her friend took her for a ride and he opened the trottle and she fell off the bike. Lost concious, deep rash exposes her bone ....

her friend said, I didn't mean it ... too late. she will be out of work for few months and physical therapy.

it is a matter of luck ... many are experience rider (they think) but anything can happen to anyone w/o warning, all it takes is a wrong place at a wrong time
----
If Matt approached the intersection 5 sec earlier or later, it didn't happen and he never realized it.

Take care Matt
 
cbdtran_imp said:
someone just tell me her sister had an accident this monday. her friend took her for a ride and he opened the trottle and she fell off the bike. Lost concious, deep rash exposes her bone ....

her friend said, I didn't mean it ... too late. she will be out of work for few months and physical therapy.

it is a matter of luck ... many are experience rider (they think) but anything can happen to anyone w/o warning, all it takes is a wrong place at a wrong time
----
If Matt approached the intersection 5 sec earlier or later, it didn't happen and he never realized it.

Take care Matt
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
She fell of because he did have not enough to hold on to !
As young blokes we told the girls to hang on tight to the gear lever.

Cheers
As young blokes we told the girls to hang on tight to the gear lever.

Cheers
And looked for a bumpy road?
 
I wish you a speedy recovery! At least you are alive and relatively OK. My friend did not have such luck last week! Everything else is not important.
 
VTR1000F, that does not sound good. I'm sorry about your friend.
 
Yeah, that sounds really no good. Sorry about your friend.
 
Thread starter
VTR1000F_imp said:
I wish you a speedy recovery! At least you are alive and relatively OK. My friend did not have such luck last week! Everything else is not important.
Brutal. We burried a friend about 2 years ago around that same time.

Wife stopped by the side of the road and picked up some cb parts. Dart flyscreen, left side peg, chunk of a cover still bolted to a chunk of engine case.


 
If I ever have a bad one, I just hope it's my fault, because that decreases my chances of ever having a bad one.

The bad thing about a motorcycle, you will get the worst end of the deal whether it is your fault or not. If a 2500 lb car pulls out in front of my 7000 lb truck physics are in my favor. I actually had this happen once, direct T-bone, pure luck for car I hit the passenger side, no passengers, turned left in front of me at a stop light so relatively slow speed.

I've read it on this forum before, but ride like you are invisible and like they are trying to hit you, sometimes easier said than done.
 
I hate to say this, but with the engine damage I'd be completely shocked if they don't total the bike. I had over 5,000 in damage (including labor) and all I had replaced on the engine were two case covers. You look to have case damage and that throws it into a completely different category, unfortunately.

Heal up man. It's going to take time.
 
Thread starter
offroadfx4_imp said:
If I ever have a bad one, I just hope it's my fault, because that decreases my chances of ever having a bad one.

The bad thing about a motorcycle, you will get the worst end of the deal whether it is your fault or not. If a 2500 lb car pulls out in front of my 7000 lb truck physics are in my favor. I actually had this happen once, direct T-bone, pure luck for car I hit the passenger side, no passengers, turned left in front of me at a stop light so relatively slow speed.

I've read it on this forum before, but ride like you are invisible and like they are trying to hit you, sometimes easier said than done.
Yes but unfortunately i really was invisible to this cuss. She pulled out in front of me then changed lanes as soon as i got close enough.


Randy B_imp said:
I hate to say this, but with the engine damage I'd be completely shocked if they don't total the bike. I had over 5,000 in damage (including labor) and all I had replaced on the engine were two case covers. You look to have case damage and that throws it into a completely different category, unfortunately.

Heal up man. It's going to take time.
Yeah but this is for the better... I'll miss this bike but I'm just going to work on my roadster. I just got home from the hospital yesterday. 8 days in and I'm still in a cuss ton of pain.
 
Back
Top