How you know you love this bike

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
After filling up today I had the option of taking the shortest route home. I chose to go the other way. The next time I had the opportunity to take the shortest way home I again went the other way. 5 times in all I could have turned and expedited my trip home and each time I thought "I'm not ready to go home yet, keep going"

This is honestly the best bike I have ever owned and I have owned a bunch. Love riding it, love looking at it. Love everything about it but that dang left handlebar switch ...had to apologize today to a nice older lady when I pulled in behind her into a parking lot and (again) hit my horn instead of cancelling my turn signal :@

Close to perfection for me.

Oh and I take it back about not caring about the 6th gear in the trans. It has turned out to be sooo sweet. Necessary? NO! Sweet? YES!
 
Rub it in Mr. Ferret. I'm always trying to shift up to 6th gear on my '13. At the same time, when passing someone at 50mph one doesn't always have to downshift to get up to speed quickly.

I love my CB so much I'm swapping out perfectly good accessories with slightly fancier ones - fairing, sprocket cover, side panel, shocks, etc. and even getting a second seat, another K&H, the solo.

Someone will find a solution to the left handlebar switch, maybe this year, or maybe on Honda's super deluxe 2015 model.
 
An hour ago I was driving home from work, of course took the less travelled route, and as I shifted into 6th gear I thought of all the poor '13- uh awe. Never mind...
I also do repetition training with my left thumb as I drive. It really works.
 
I did the same thing today coming home from the dealer. Just had the bike in for its first service, and instead of coming directly home I decided to get in some freeway miles just for the heck of it and then a little windy back road and then home. This is pretty significant for me because it's getting pretty hot out now (supposed to be 107 today) and they weren't done with the bike until almost 11:00 a.m. Normally this time of year I'm all about getting home ASAP so I don't have to ride too much in the heat. Today? Not so much. As long as I could keep moving I was fine. This is such a fun bike!
 
Ferret Don is sending me a new 14 manual. Soon as I get it I will let you know about the left switch. I'm pretty sure it will fit. But we want know for sure untill I can look at both wiring harness. Just hang tight.
 
Although I'm a bit older than most here, I'm no slouch in the twisties and enjoy a spirited ride - which is one of the things I like about my CB900F.
But I'm not some crazy old man in over his head and very often just like to ride - just for the sake of the ride. This is where the CB1100 comes in. It's just so darned satisfying to ride!!
Where the 900F is a little abrupt and edgy the CB is smooth and refined. But it's not a pussy cat either. It can move and carve corners if you're in the mood.
Ferret expressed it very well. I just don't want to get off it. It probably is the best bike I've ever owned - but my other bikes have their own character and are satisfying in their own way.
I was disappointed to not get a '13 last year, but now that I have the '14 with the 6th gear and the other features, this is going to be one of the best summers yet.
 
I simply love this bike. As already stated, you always want to take the long way, the ride more important than the destination. The bike is nicely proportioned and a pleasure to look at.
 
For those of us with early models and no left switch problem, the sensation is still the same. This is a bike you just don't want to get off. While you're on it, If there are two ways home, the longest is always the most desirable. Indeed I find I am forever inventing longer ways to get home.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
For those of us with early models and no left switch problem, the sensation is still the same. This is a bike you just don't want to get off. While you're on it, If there are two ways home, the longest is always the most desirable. Indeed I find I am forever inventing longer ways to get home.
Oh my, that should be the forums motto!

Very well said Cormanus. :worship:
 
Thank you, gentlemen. I'm touched.
 
"How you know you love this bike"
I was willing to buy it without getting my wife's "buy in", I knew she would come around, you can't keep true love apart, if its meant to be, it will.
 
I find that my ability to generate plausible excuses to ride instead of work has been greatly enhance by this bike. For example: "I need to take it to get gas." note the distinct lack of cardinality of in miles, or fill up instances or "I need to go to the hardware store." Note the lack of geographical information showing the number of miles to the aforementioned hardware store and the lack of specificity, allowing for it to be the hardware store that is many crooked roads removed from the nearest hardware store.
 
By the time I had time to ride today I baled. Just too damn hot.

I guess that means I'm not a native.
 
The ferret_imp said:
After filling up today I had the option of taking the shortest route home. I chose to go the other way. The next time I had the opportunity to take the shortest way home I again went the other way. 5 times in all I could have turned and expedited my trip home and each time I thought "I'm not ready to go home yet, keep going"

This is honestly the best bike I have ever owned and I have owned a bunch. Love riding it, love looking at it. Love everything about it but that dang left handlebar switch ...had to apologize today to a nice older lady when I pulled in behind her into a parking lot and (again) hit my horn instead of cancelling my turn signal :@

Close to perfection for me.

Oh and I take it back about not caring about the 6th gear in the trans. It has turned out to be sooo sweet. Necessary? NO! Sweet? YES!
Pretty powerful statement considering all of the motorcycles you have owned in your life. Coming from you it scares me how much I would like a CB1100.

You know, after 10 years of riding with self canceling signals I like the Honda setup better but I cant for my life seem to remember to turn them off. :blush: I guess I am going to be a torture test for who ever makes the flasher in these 750's.

Just a quick question on 6th gear. At what speeds is it usable say like on the 2 lane state highways. These 750's dont have anywhere near the torque of the 1100's but I am amazed how usable every bit of the power is even down to 2500 or so puttering through town in 5th gear.
 
If I'm just putting down a road I always go to 6th gear. I don't lug the motor but it will putt & pull in 6th gear. With the ECM flash and the comet 2 best fuel mileage so far running about 60 was. 61 or 62 mpg
 
Back
Top