How you know you love this bike

Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
After filling up today I had the option of taking the shortest route home. I chose to go the other way. The next time I had the opportunity to take the shortest way home I again went the other way. 5 times in all I could have turned and expedited my trip home and each time I thought "I'm not ready to go home yet, keep going"

This is honestly the best bike I have ever owned and I have owned a bunch. Love riding it, love looking at it. Love everything about it but that dang left handlebar switch ...had to apologize today to a nice older lady when I pulled in behind her into a parking lot and (again) hit my horn instead of cancelling my turn signal :@

Close to perfection for me.

Oh and I take it back about not caring about the 6th gear in the trans. It has turned out to be sooo sweet. Necessary? NO! Sweet? YES!
Pretty powerful statement considering all of the motorcycles you have owned in your life. Coming from you it scares me how much I would like a CB1100.

You know, after 10 years of riding with self canceling signals I like the Honda setup better but I cant for my life seem to remember to turn them off. :blush: I guess I am going to be a torture test for who ever makes the flasher in these 750's.

Just a quick question on 6th gear. At what speeds is it usable say like on the 2 lane state highways. These 750's dont have anywhere near the torque of the 1100's but I am amazed how usable every bit of the power is even down to 2500 or so puttering through town in 5th gear.
Pretty powerful statement considering all of the motorcycles you have owned in your life. Coming from you it scares me how much I would like a CB1100.

You know, after 10 years of riding with self canceling signals I like the Honda setup better but I cant for my life seem to remember to turn them off. :blush: I guess I am going to be a torture test for who ever makes the flasher in these 750's.

Just a quick question on 6th gear. At what speeds is it usable say like on the 2 lane state highways. These 750's dont have anywhere near the torque of the 1100's but I am amazed how usable every bit of the power is even down to 2500 or so puttering through town in 5th gear.

OldF7guy...I dont even use 6 th until I am at 60 or above. I like the responsiveness of the motor in 5 th below that. I know one memeber said they cruised, I want to say either BRP or Natchez Trace, at 45 mph in 6 th.
 
The ferret_imp said:
After filling up today I had the option of taking the shortest route home. I chose to go the other way. The next time I had the opportunity to take the shortest way home I again went the other way. 5 times in all I could have turned and expedited my trip home and each time I thought "I'm not ready to go home yet, keep going"

This is honestly the best bike I have ever owned and I have owned a bunch. Love riding it, love looking at it. Love everything about it but that dang left handlebar switch ...had to apologize today to a nice older lady when I pulled in behind her into a parking lot and (again) hit my horn instead of cancelling my turn signal :@

Close to perfection for me.

Oh and I take it back about not caring about the 6th gear in the trans. It has turned out to be sooo sweet. Necessary? NO! Sweet? YES!
I need to test ride the new cb11 but unlikely will switch. the '13 has perfect color combo for me most beautiful bike I have, I like the half black engine but miss the 6th gear but glad I have 30 lbs less to haul around. You say the MPG is about the same? how about the handling?
 
Thread starter
I notice no difference in handling, but then again I ride more curvy roads than technical roads. I don't feel the 30 extra pounds at all when riding. Someone coming from a KTM 690 single would probably say it weighs a ton. Compared to my ST 1300 this is a feather weight.
 
Rboe,
So what your saying is when the heat is on, Arizona bikers only come out at night? I mean if your atgatt and its 90+ all day what else can you do, unless of course you have an AC unit strapped to your back.
Armadillos, rattlers & Edgar Winter are probably the only road kill right?
 
Thread starter
Know how else you know if you love a bike?

I loved my 2013 CB 1100 so much that in the year I had it I took 291 photos of it.

Had my 14 for less than 2 months and have taken 281 photos of it LOL
 
Thread starter
Yep, love this bike

Had to go over to my son's early this morning to help him with something. He lives 4 miles from my house, 8 miles round trip. Took me 26 miles to get there and back :banana:

BTW up to 405 pictures of it cached now.
 
This Honda is the first bike I've owned that matches, no out-matches, the joy I had each time I rode my '73 BMW. I wish I could afford two Cb1100's.

Now if I could get a Vetter fairing like the old R75 had.
 
I must love this bike because I just bought it July 10th 2014 and here it is Aug 6th and I've put 1800 miles on it already, I just can't stop riding it!
 
Ah, Mr. Jangles! I don't know how we find time to post on here. I've had mine 6 days now and am at 600 (s)miles. Can't get enough of it.

The line from a song that goes,"I don't want to work - I just want to bang on de drum all day!" Just became, "I don't want to work - I just want to ride on de bike all day!"

:excited:
 
I love this bike so much that I have three Seat Time posts to make, but I'm too busy riding to write them up.
 
Thread starter
Hey what are you doing still up? Nope always taking pictures ( as you should know). My 14 is just more photogenic I guess.
 
Sorry...I edited my post because I couldn't delete it...lol

Yes, the 14 is moderately more photogenic...if you like symmetry. Lol

I turn 53 in 20 minutes...so obviously, I got up to pee.
 
Thanks!

Nice picture, too.

(Thread Hijack Warning)

Hey...you ever been to Madison, IN for the hydroplane regatta? Thinking about riding down for it next year.
 
Yeah. Happy birthday Empty Sea.

This seems to capture the sentiment of this thread.


 
Thread starter
Ahhh... the good old days :rofl:

Yea it does sort of express the sentiment of this thread. Think I will go for a ride in a bit. Think I'll head out to Amish country. We are out of Seedless Blackberry Jam. :biker:
 
:D And to bring this thread back on topic... I know I love this bike because you meet the nicest people on a Honda (forum).
 
Back
Top