How much should I ask for?

What I have done in the past is ask a higher price and if they want to dicker with you offer to lower the price at the cost of removing upgrades. People usually want the upgrades and if not you can sell them separately and recover some of the revenue.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
cb4me?_imp said:
Sorry all. It’s a 2013.
I like the CB but it’s just not exciting to me. Maybe too heavy.
If this comes to the states I’m getting it.

2018 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe First Look
The CB1100 is not a super fast bike (by today's standards), nor the fastest Honda, but I won't complain about 110 MPH in 4th in less than 12 seconds.


Note that the 2014 CB1100 pulled the FZ09 in the beginning.

FZ09 is 115 HP at 10,000 RPM, 65 ft lb at 8,500 and 11.5:1 (premium fuel).
 
It really comes back to the designed purpose of a given bike. The CB1100 promotion videos show a guy out for a nice relaxing ride. Where work, or home with the kids, or the evening news may be hectic, the ride is relaxed and he is decompressing. He's taking in the scenery, the air, the bumps, the motor rumbling along, the sound, the feel. The Kawasaki RS bikes are in the same vein but not as relaxed. Water cooled. Faster paced. The old Z motto was kind of let's see how fast she can go. Not as much feel from the motor as soon in the rpms. Neither is wrong. And I think many would have both if money were no object. The KAW 900RS Café is a nice looking rig, for sure. Takes many of us back in time.
 
nhawk7504_imp said:
It really comes back to the designed purpose of a given bike. The CB1100 promotion videos show a guy out for a nice relaxing ride. Where work, or home with the kids, or the evening news may be hectic, the ride is relaxed and he is decompressing. He's taking in the scenery, the air, the bumps, the motor rumbling along, the sound, the feel. The Kawasaki RS bikes are in the same vein but not as relaxed. Water cooled. Faster paced. The old Z motto was kind of let's see how fast she can go. Not as much feel from the motor as soon in the rpms. Neither is wrong. And I think many would have both if money were no object. The KAW 900RS Café is a nice looking rig, for sure. Takes many of us back in time.
Nicely scribed! That is the reason I enjoy my CB1100 EX. :thumbsup:

Fortunately I have no work stress or kids. I removed my wrist watch the first day I retired. Stopped watching TV news because I found it aggravating. Nothing I can do about all the foreign wars and violence anyway.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
nhawk7504_imp said:
It really comes back to the designed purpose of a given bike. The CB1100 promotion videos show a guy out for a nice relaxing ride. Where work, or home with the kids, or the evening news may be hectic, the ride is relaxed and he is decompressing. He's taking in the scenery, the air, the bumps, the motor rumbling along, the sound, the feel. The Kawasaki RS bikes are in the same vein but not as relaxed. Water cooled. Faster paced. The old Z motto was kind of let's see how fast she can go. Not as much feel from the motor as soon in the rpms. Neither is wrong. And I think many would have both if money were no object. The KAW 900RS Café is a nice looking rig, for sure. Takes many of us back in time.
Nicely scribed! That is the reason I enjoy my CB1100 EX. :thumbsup:

Fortunately I have no work stress or kids. I removed my wrist watch the first day I retired. Stopped watching TV news because I found it aggravating. Nothing I can do about all the foreign wars and violence anyway.
Nicely scribed! That is the reason I enjoy my CB1100 EX. :thumbsup:

Fortunately I have no work stress or kids. I removed my wrist watch the first day I retired. Stopped watching TV news because I found it aggravating. Nothing I can do about all the foreign wars and violence anyway.
Sounds like my brother in FL. Never thinks about time. Never watches the news.
 
nhawk7504_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
nhawk7504_imp said:
It really comes back to the designed purpose of a given bike. The CB1100 promotion videos show a guy out for a nice relaxing ride. Where work, or home with the kids, or the evening news may be hectic, the ride is relaxed and he is decompressing. He's taking in the scenery, the air, the bumps, the motor rumbling along, the sound, the feel. The Kawasaki RS bikes are in the same vein but not as relaxed. Water cooled. Faster paced. The old Z motto was kind of let's see how fast she can go. Not as much feel from the motor as soon in the rpms. Neither is wrong. And I think many would have both if money were no object. The KAW 900RS Café is a nice looking rig, for sure. Takes many of us back in time.
Nicely scribed! That is the reason I enjoy my CB1100 EX. :thumbsup:

Fortunately I have no work stress or kids. I removed my wrist watch the first day I retired. Stopped watching TV news because I found it aggravating. Nothing I can do about all the foreign wars and violence anyway.
Nicely scribed! That is the reason I enjoy my CB1100 EX. :thumbsup:

Fortunately I have no work stress or kids. I removed my wrist watch the first day I retired. Stopped watching TV news because I found it aggravating. Nothing I can do about all the foreign wars and violence anyway.
Sounds like my brother in FL. Never thinks about time. Never watches the news.
Nicely scribed! That is the reason I enjoy my CB1100 EX. :thumbsup:

Fortunately I have no work stress or kids. I removed my wrist watch the first day I retired. Stopped watching TV news because I found it aggravating. Nothing I can do about all the foreign wars and violence anyway.
Sounds like my brother in FL. Never thinks about time. Never watches the news.
I long for that day.
 
Thread starter
The bike is great for a relaxed ride. It has some balls too. Just not as exciting as I would like it to be. I would like to keep it for those relaxed rides but fear it would sit between rides for too long.
Room is also a premium in my garage. I could fit three bikes and “the cuss” (my car) but two bikes fit perfectly in one bay.
 
I saw this recently at a dealership just north of Nashville.
0e96441cb96075a8e962426fd816534f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Optimism is a wonderful thing.
 
Sadly, my dealer would price it the same.
 
If this is a Deluxe, as it says, they are very hard to find. A new one may draw a premium to the right buyer. Just say'n, as a starting price it could work for some.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
If this is a Deluxe, as it says, they are very hard to find. A new one may draw a premium to the right buyer. Just say'n, as a starting price it could work for some.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
It doesn't say it's a Deluxe model. It says they are (implied "also") offering a Deluxe model with "even more features" (than this model?)

Enough ambiguity here -- my guess it's a standard model at the standard MSRP...
 
decarmine_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
If this is a Deluxe, as it says, they are very hard to find. A new one may draw a premium to the right buyer. Just say'n, as a starting price it could work for some.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
It doesn't say it's a Deluxe model. It says they are (implied "also") offering a Deluxe model with "even more features" (than this model?)

Enough ambiguity here -- my guess it's a standard model at the standard MSRP...
It doesn't say it's a Deluxe model. It says they are (implied 'also') offering a Deluxe model with "even more features" (than this model?)

Enough ambiguity here -- my guess it's a standard model at the standard MSRP... As there is a black frame in the background I would assume the same. Just trying to reconcile the high price.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
decarmine_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
If this is a Deluxe, as it says, they are very hard to find. A new one may draw a premium to the right buyer. Just say'n, as a starting price it could work for some.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
It doesn't say it's a Deluxe model. It says they are (implied "also") offering a Deluxe model with "even more features" (than this model?)

Enough ambiguity here -- my guess it's a standard model at the standard MSRP...
It doesn't say it's a Deluxe model. It says they are (implied 'also') offering a Deluxe model with "even more features" (than this model?)

Enough ambiguity here -- my guess it's a standard model at the standard MSRP... As there is a black frame in the background I would assume the same. Just trying to reconcile the high price.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Also a visible black tank with red and gray stripe...

In all my editing I lost an earlier edit. Repeated below:

THE LOST EDIT: The fine print under the image says: "European ABS model shown. ABS not available in the US on standard CB1100 model."

It hurt my eyes to read that line!
 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
jodytek_imp said:
I saw this recently at a dealership just north of Nashville.
0e96441cb96075a8e962426fd816534f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL
LOL

IKR, this just made me feel really good about what I paid. I gave $7k plus taxes and fees, for Brand New 2014 STD. 3 miles on the odometer, carries full factory warranty.

There were two others in my area for sale. One a 2013 with 14K miles for $5,800 plus tax, and another 2014 with 8K miles on it but a few upgrades like exhaust blinkers, but they were asking $8k for it.

Ultimately, I choose the brand new 2014, after reading the differences in year model, and the 5 vs 6 speed comments in this forum. There’s a surcharge for buying brand new, i know, but i dig personally prefer it.


My wife on the other hand just got a really good deal for her 2014, with 730 miles on the odometer. She came in much under budget than I, and you could not tell the two bikes apart. She just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and put down a deposit before the bike was even shipped here locally. Fortunately, she had been able to ride mine already, so she knew what she was getting into and what to expect.


Did I mention, my wife and i now have matching 2014 std black CB1100’s. So cool.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Seriously cool jodytek. I think that's the first instance of hers and his CB1100s I've heard of.
 
Back
Top