How many miles....

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
so far.

I'm 3 months in and when I filled up today I hit 6565 miles.

Anyone else close? :cool:
 
wow... mine is not even a 1000 miles yet... she is mostly spending time in the garage... I have to find more time to take her out..!
 
Im at 4200. I split my mileage among 3 bikes. I don't commute since Im retired. Another trip coming up in September. Planning on riding the CB.

Randy...how are your tires looking?

I was getting a little cupping on each side of my front at 36 psi so I bumped it up 2 lbs, to see if that will straighten it out. Rear looks good.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Im at 4200. I split my mileage among 3 bikes. I don't commute since Im retired. Another trip coming up in September. Planning on riding the CB.

Randy...how are your tires looking?

I was getting a little cupping on each side of my front at 36 psi so I bumped it up 2 lbs, to see if that will straighten it out. Rear looks good.
The rear is looking good. The front might be getting some cupping...I'll have to check that more closely.
 
Thread starter
OK so here I am as of today...

02831e66a821c8ad3422f4db67656e51.jpg


Front tire...

9ea77b7db6764b2b1bf13f3ffeea727b.jpg


Rear tire...

358a5a20d3b6f077afaf1caf59b4c4a4.jpg


Oh...and the guy that sold me the bike said that he'd never seen a set of tire go more than 5000 miles. He's in for a shock the next time I roll in there. :)
 
Randy B, those tires look to be in excellent shape for the mileage. I am trying to remember but arent you the one who has a 80 mile per day commute to work in the San Fransisco area? I vaguely remember you saying something about having to run 75 mph at least up there to keep from getting run over.

One quick question. Do all CB11's come with the same brand tires new?
 
Wow Randy, you're burning up the roads out there, I have 4 months and 5k miles and I'm looking for new tires! One reply said those are Bridgestones-----which model? I wanted to put Pilot Road 3s on but the smallest size for those is 160/70-18 so I'm leaning to Avon Road Riders. Had them on my Interceptor and they wore and stuck good in the mountains here.
 
Your salesman had never seen a set of tires go more than 5000 miles seriously? If I had a tire go less than 8,000 I would be upset. On my ST which weighs 717 pounds Ive had rear tires go 10,000 and front tires go 15,000.

My CB came with Dunlops ( they can have either Dunlops or Bridgestones from the factory). Bumping my front tire pressure up 2 pounds has already had a positive effect on tire wear in less than 500 miles, however the ride is a bit harsher.
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Randy B, those tires look to be in excellent shape for the mileage. I am trying to remember but arent you the one who has a 80 mile per day commute to work in the San Fransisco area? I vaguely remember you saying something about having to run 75 mph at least up there to keep from getting run over.

One quick question. Do all CB11's come with the same brand tires new?
Yes I am. The total round trip is about 115 miles.
Here are degenex's tires:

4ab17337ed8bf2c4f7c4bc8afc7872cb.jpg

b6412d090322a94573eedf3cf38fb1b9.jpg
 
Back
Top