How Far would you be willing to travel to our 2017 rally?

I would be interested anywhere from the Redwoods in CA, north into BC and maybe east to Utah. Maybe I'll look into trailering if we rally somewhere else out west, otherwise I'll enjoy forum accounts.
Jon Z
 
On another forum where I've been a member, they ended up with at least two major rally's occurring on an annual basis: one on the east coast and one on the west coast.

I would love to have attended the big rally's out east, but the combination of the time off, and the money involved to travel there put a damper on things for me. The ferret tried his hardest to get me there the first time around, offering me the use of his CB1100 if I could just get myself to Ohio — pure class. In all honesty, it's impossible to imagine the ferret at a CB1100 rally aboard anything other than his DLX.
 
I've been thinking that 2 rallies per anum is a good idea Guth. As a working stiff, idk if I could swing a west coast one, but if the stars aligned I'd definitely ride out for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ya, we'll just have to do a West Coast Rally and if those uppity East Coasters want to show up - they buy the donuts.

:P
 
Chocolate dipped.....:excited:
We'd have to pick a location, northern California or Nevada seems pretty central or maybe a spot on the coast. E.g. Gold Coast, OR.
 
It looks like the biggest problem is getting it organized. That would definitely require someone with more smarts than me. I would help if needed though.
Kevin
 
We have resorted to Not-a-Rally's for the Guzzi guys in Arizona. We pick a motel, pizza on Friday night as folks cruise in, big supper Saturday (typically a breakfast get together too). Otherwise, very loose.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I'm afraid I had to vote for 500+ miles. I need to make a 7,000+ mile hike just to get started.
Looks more like a 7000+ mile swim. At least there are some convenient rest stops along the way.

 
I'm seriously considering attending next year's rally. If it happens anywhere near Bland, I'm looking at about 2,000 miles each way. I will be newly retired, so time isn't an issue. I'd probably plan on a week long trek across the country to get there and about the same to get back.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I'm seriously considering attending next year's rally. If it happens anywhere near Bland, I'm looking at about 2,000 miles each way. I will be newly retired, so time isn't an issue. I'd probably plan on a week long trek across the country to get there and about the same to get back.

Sounds like my dream vacation!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Another West-Coaster here...would love to see something happen in our region. So many destinations to choose from... - Karl
 
It was 670 miles one way for us, Orlando to Bland. I was going to take 2 days and ride up, rally, then 2 days back, but then Lee and Pat decided to take me up on my invite. So we trailered. Took us about 10 hours each way. If I were to ride, I think 2 days of travel might possibly be my max.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I'm afraid I had to vote for 500+ miles. I need to make a 7,000+ mile hike just to get started.
I'm literally in the same boat as Cormanus so I guess I'll have to fly somewhere, but the west coast gets my vote.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Huladog_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I'm afraid I had to vote for 500+ miles. I need to make a 7,000+ mile hike just to get started.
I'm literally in the same boat as Cormanus so I guess I'll have to fly somewhere, but the west coast gets my vote.

Aloha,
Huladog
I'm literally in the same boat as Cormanus so I guess I'll have to fly somewhere, but the west coast gets my vote.

Aloha,
Huladog
If you share the boat, you won't have to swim or hike... and you could bring the CB's with if it is a big enough boat.
 
Kenny, my man, send the boat and Huladog and I'll be there. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if Pterodactyl came too.
 
If we do a west coast rally and one of our off shore folks would like to do a fly n ride, fly in to Phoenix, I have two bikes capable of doing the trip (Griso and CB1100) that way they don't have to rent - and can ride!
 
Back
Top