How Far would you be willing to travel to our 2017 rally?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
In planning for next years rally of course we would like to make it available to as many forum members as possible

so how far would you be willing to ride or travel to a rally

up to 100 miles
up to 200 miles
up to 300 miles
up to 400 miles
up to 500 miles
more than 500 miles
almost any distance
I would not travel to attend a rally
 
I'm going to reply "up to 500" miles, but it's more like 650 miles, which is two long days of riding (for me). If I answered "more than 500", it might imply that a 1000 mile journey would be something I'd consider. It's not.
 
I voted "up to 500 miles" too, but that's from Denver. Please, no offense to anyone here, but there's not much within 500 miles to the east of here that I'd find compelling (I'm not fond of the straight and flat), but within 500 miles to the west or south, there's a lot. That being said, any time before late May would be too risky weather-wise.
 
Voted for 500 miles or more.
Realistically; if it's about 300-400 miles; I'd probably ride. Any further, I'll use the trailer.
 
I'll trailer anywhere, just did 1800 round trip. I would like to see something, someday, a little further east so as to make it easier for the MA, RI, CT, NY and NJ members to attend. For all the OH, MI riders it might be the same distance east as they travel south and a little further for the VAs, but a long haul for Kenny, Steve and the FLA boys. An Eastern rally would probably want to be late mid to late June for ideal weather ?
 
I keep the CB in Florida so I'd trailer it to Georgia and then, depending on the rally site, I'd probably trailer it there as well. 300 miles north of Atlanta would be 800 miles from Treasure Island... that's enough for me as its a hike back for work on Monday.
 
I chose no distance, just because from my house to Kentucky is 2600 miles one way 8-(. That said, once the date gets nailed down I'd totally love to make this part of a one lap of America type tour, so maybe....
 
I just did 500 each way (trailered) for Bland, no problem. I'd go further but most likely with an overnight stop on the way.
 
I put 400 to try to keep it to one day travel but I'm game for anywhere any time in June or July (can't do May).
 
My little long weekend trip to Ely Nevada was 532 miles one way. So personally, two long days would be my limit which would be about 1200 miles. So perhaps you'd consider alternating east coast west coast...
 
husky385_imp said:
I'm monetarily impaired so I would like to see one some where out West.
Kevin
We should try a second West coast one (wasn't that pitched somewhere before?). There's gotta be enough Cali and PNW members to hit critical mass.
 
I am willing to travel over 500 miles, but there are two things I learned from attending this year's rally.

1. Trailer the bike there if it's over 400-500 miles. You can usually get there in one day driving with a trailer, which gives you more time to ride at the rally. Plus you are more refreshed when you arrive.

2. Stay at host hotel! I got messed up with rooms and ended up staying in Wytheville. Because of this my son and I feel like we missed out on the member comradarie that went on in the evenings when riding was over. Especially when the rain moved in and we didn't feel like riding back up to the hotel in it.
 
Thread starter
Yea Ron ,would have been nice to have you and Jason up there with us hanging out. You missed a lot really. Ken (SQUIRREL!) was very entertaining lol
 
Some of us traveled over 500 miles for the rally, Nemo and Motogeezer for sure did.
I would put my limit at about 1100-1200 miles which can be done trailering in a day and a half. If I had the funds I would gladly make the trip to Oz.
 
Special8 was over 500 miles and I would have been. It's only about 800 miles from you to Eureka Springs, AR, redbirds. And less than 1000 from you to Spring Green, WI. Just thinking outloud ;)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Special8 was over 500 miles and I would have been. It's only about 800 miles from you to Eureka Springs, AR, redbirds. And less than 1000 from you to Spring Green, WI. Just thinking outloud ;)
Sounds good. Always wanted to see WI and Arkansas is awesome.
 
I'm afraid I had to vote for 500+ miles. I need to make a 7,000+ mile hike just to get started.
 
Back
Top