HONDA OEM SPOKED WHEELS for CB1100

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The price of a pair of these spoke wheels, including front and rear brake discs, is not for the feint of heart. But boy do they look great, tube tires and all.

4bb7e32b6609d20b6dd61b4ed8c1af22.jpg


Samurider.com
 
Damn, I was kinda hoping it couldn't be done at all..........
If mine doesn't sell in 4 weeks, I'm in. If I keep the bike, how can I not do it?? An absolute match for mine.
The Excel's are a $800 more but are lighter and the rear is a 1/2 inch wider. The front hub is a different style but almost looks like a drum brake, which is OK for mine.
If the OE one come assembled I'll go with those.

This has to be it, RIGHT?
At least I can say it's really done after this, for sure.
 
Wow those spokes are cool!

If any of you big money spenders opt for the 4 into 4, I may be interested in any used 2 into 1's to lighten your financial burden.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
And four into fours......
Yup - the 2 latest additions to Samurider are less than $5000. DLX owners, what are you waiting for? :rolleyes:

cf5680957645a668670c0a4939fa13aa.jpg


a339c4859daf4a1f4859abb96d2309c1.jpg
Yup - the 2 latest additions to Samurider are less than $5000. DLX owners, what are you waiting for? :rolleyes:

5a747b4bb8f0b89252f0442383fc1976.jpg


474d2b5337193baca039c2e0a8d01b77.jpg

Love the look of your bike, with the wire spokes and 4 to 4.

But wow, the price.

Oh well, its just money.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
And four into fours......
Yup - the 2 latest additions to Samurider are less than $5000. DLX owners, what are you waiting for? :rolleyes:

cf5680957645a668670c0a4939fa13aa.jpg


a339c4859daf4a1f4859abb96d2309c1.jpg
Lovely looking bike. But mate, that tyre looks as though it needs a bit of work. Ship it to me and I'll run it around the Putty loop a couple of times :).

Cheers
 
Elipten_imp said:
Yep four split 2 and 2 is far better symmetry than 1 on each side.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey, there you go! All Honda has to do is put 4/4 pipes on the 2015's and theyll have a crowd down at the dealers trading their '14's in! Maybe they could even add a fuel petcock and a few other nostalgic items to sweeten the deal.
 
These spoke wheels are really a nice addition aesthetically. Has anyone looked at whether the Ducati Sport Classic spoked wheels could be adapted?
 
one note on the OEM spoked wheels, as i have already done them, is that the swap also requires changing out the rear brake caliper and hose. Spoked rear wheel is wider flange to flange, narrower rear caliper required to compensate.
 
They look nice, but spoked wheels are a PITA to keep clean. I like the wheels on my DLX. If I did upgrade wheels, it would be for some mags.

Those 4-4s however...niiice.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
They look nice, but spoked wheels are a PITA to keep clean. I like the wheels on my DLX. If I did upgrade wheels, it would be for some mags.

Those 4-4s however...niiice.
I'm so glad you said that instead of me. I have spokes on my Bonneville and truer words were never spoken!
 
Hedge_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
They look nice, but spoked wheels are a PITA to keep clean. I like the wheels on my DLX. If I did upgrade wheels, it would be for some mags.

Those 4-4s however...niiice.
I'm so glad you said that instead of me. I have spokes on my Bonneville and truer words were never spoken!
I'm so glad you said that instead of me. I have spokes on my Bonneville and truer words were never spoken! Yes, not to mention more prone to rusting.
 
Hedge_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
They look nice, but spoked wheels are a PITA to keep clean. I like the wheels on my DLX. If I did upgrade wheels, it would be for some mags.

Those 4-4s however...niiice.
I'm so glad you said that instead of me. I have spokes on my Bonneville and truer words were never spoken!
I'm so glad you said that instead of me. I have spokes on my Bonneville and truer words were never spoken!
I certainly drool over the looks of the wires, but have mags on both my Bonneville and my CB. :D
 
As some of you know :D :D :D I love the spoked wheels!
Seriously, I would sell my soul (might have already done it) for my CB to have silver paint, spoked wheels, my Nojima AND a set of aluminum Ohlins. I feel confident I could go to my grave knowing I once owned the prettiest and sexiest motorcycle ever made. :banana:
Yea, those spokes just scream retro.
Funny thing is, I have a spare 2013 fuel tank that I plan to get painted to match the side covers, but mercy, the cost of spoked wheels is way out of my budget right now..
Confession time.................................
I am going to walk away from the computer and go have a good cry. :huh:
 
Back
Top