Honda carrier

the lodger_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Does anyone know if a Honda carrier for a Cb1100 EX SAE ( which I think is the wire wheel version roughly 2013 to 2016 ) will also fit a Honda cb1100 A-D , 2013 cast wheel ?

Many thanks
 
pkrich_imp said:
yes pretty sure all the rack are the same i fitted one from 2015 model to my 2017 rs no probs

pete
This is interesting to know since the Honda part number for the 2017 and later rack is different than for the pre-2017 rack. I got my 2017 rack from samurider since at the time I bought it last summer, my U.S. dealer said they could not even get one for me.
 
PB, they aren't exactly the same. The '13 rack has tubular cross pieces the '14 is flat pieces. The '14 may have a slight different mounting angle, but I don't remember details on that. It's on the board somewhere though.
 
OK, I transferred my tubular OEM from ‘13 onto my newer’14 model, and fits perfectly without any modifications. Base on this, I presented my opinion . :beerchug:
 
i should of said i bought the rack and was told it was from a 2015 so could be different if the one i bought came from a later model
 
PB, I’m good! We’re good! To tell the truth the rack fitting across models is confusing.
 
The question for US members is whether a DLX rack will fit a standard. I thought there may have been a difference.
 
Thank you popgun and Redbird—good to see you by the way.
 
Thread starter
Gentlemen

Thank you for the very helpful information. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the rack I have seen for sale , advertised as fitting a cb1100 EX-SAE
will not fit my cb1100 A-D. The reason is that the rack is wider front and rear , than the version that would fit my bike. I say this based on some measurements the vendor kindly supplied. Does this sound right , i.e that for the third model cb1100 sold in the UK, Honda for some reason widened the rear of the bike, where the rack fits?

Cheers
 
Could be. May be different garnish or seat rail. Something like that.
 
the lodger_imp said:
Gentlemen

Thank you for the very helpful information. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the rack I have seen for sale , advertised as fitting a cb1100 EX-SAE
will not fit my cb1100 A-D. The reason is that the rack is wider front and rear , than the version that would fit my bike. I say this based on some measurements the vendor kindly supplied. Does this sound right , i.e that for the third model cb1100 sold in the UK, Honda for some reason widened the rear of the bike, where the rack fits?

Cheers
I'd like to see this particular rack's pic, please.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
the lodger_imp said:
Gentlemen

Thank you for the very helpful information. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the rack I have seen for sale , advertised as fitting a cb1100 EX-SAE
will not fit my cb1100 A-D. The reason is that the rack is wider front and rear , than the version that would fit my bike. I say this based on some measurements the vendor kindly supplied. Does this sound right , i.e that for the third model cb1100 sold in the UK, Honda for some reason widened the rear of the bike, where the rack fits?

Cheers
I'd like to see this particular rack's pic, please.
I'd like to see this particular rack's pic, please.
That looks to me like 2013, possible 2010-2013 OEM kit.
To avoid surprise, always check if part # matches your model, if you can.
 
Back
Top