Honda carrier

Thread starter
For the record , here is the comparison of the measurements of my bike compared to the rack on ebay

1. My bike
Width at rear 275 mm
Width at front 320 mm

2.ebay rack

Width at rear 312 mm ( difference 37 mm )
Width at front 346 mm ( difference 26 mm )

Even allowing for some measuring inaccuracies I would not think the spacers shown in the advert would be sufficient to make up those differences.

Yes, it does look as though it could be fitted to my bike and I could make up spacers that long but it seems to me it would compromise the strength of the rack.
Cheers
 
the lodger_imp said:
For the record , here is the comparison of the measurements of my bike compared to the rack on ebay

1. My bike
Width at rear 275 mm
Width at front 320 mm

2.ebay rack

Width at rear 312 mm ( difference 37 mm )
Width at front 346 mm ( difference 26 mm )

Even allowing for some measuring inaccuracies I would not think the spacers shown in the advert would be sufficient to make up those differences.

Yes, it does look as though it could be fitted to my bike and I could make up spacers that long but it seems to me it would compromise the strength of the rack.
Cheers
Save yourself all the drama and just buy the correct OEM rack for your bike. Yes it is expensive but worth it in the long run
 
Back
Top