Honda 750 Hornet breaks cover

DAC_imp said:
Nice bike. I think the look is current standard and the ergos are similar to the CB tho maybe a bit more pinched.

At 7,000 GBP, that's about $7,800 at Friday's close of Forex, which is really aggressive pricing. I have my doubts that it'll come in that low if it hits the US but if the USD continues it's recent strength against the Yen, it's possible.

I'd be interested in what a "Transalp" version looks like. I would like to see a more upright-styled bike with some luggage capability.
You usually can't just do an exchange rate swap like that. In the UK manufacturers tend quote an "on the road price" which includes everything, all taxes, PDI, dealer delivery fees etc. It is the most quoted price in this neck of the woods. MRSP is rarely used here. Also, that OTR price includes a hefty 20% sales TAX (VAT) which you may not have in your state.

A better comparison is to look at the relative costs of a bike already on sale in both markets and make that comparison and apply it to the Hornet. The only thing I will say is that exchange rates are all over the shop at the moment, prices could be quite volatile.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The lump looks firm.

As usual: Beware first model year production releases.
Not usually a problem in the US. Bike arrive here several years after other markets - at least with Honda.
 
DAC_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The lump looks firm.

As usual: Beware first model year production releases.
Not usually a problem in the US. Bike arrive here several years after other markets - at least with Honda.
Not usually a problem in the US. Bike arrive here several years after other markets - at least with Honda.
The Honda Rebel 1100 came instantly.


However, I do understand what you mean.
 
Thread starter
Only took us 3 years to get the CB 1100.

Still no NT 1100
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The lump looks firm.

As usual: Beware first model year production releases.
Not usually a problem in the US. Bike arrive here several years after other markets - at least with Honda.
Not usually a problem in the US. Bike arrive here several years after other markets - at least with Honda.
The Honda Rebel 1100 came instantly.


However, I do understand what you mean.
Thats because it was almost certainly developed specifically for the NA market.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The lump looks firm.

As usual: Beware first model year production releases.
Not usually a problem in the US. Bike arrive here several years after other markets - at least with Honda.
Not usually a problem in the US. Bike arrive here several years after other markets - at least with Honda.
The Honda Rebel 1100 came instantly.


However, I do understand what you mean.
Thats because it was almost certainly developed specifically for the NA market.
Thats because it was almost certainly developed specifically for the NA market.
No doubt.

But where is the NT1100?

The NT1100 could be losing [if it had any] momentum the longer it takes to reach North American shores.
 
I think a lot of manufacturers have decided the NA market is not interested in sport touring bikes. They think we only want adventure bikes here ......nevermind that the ADV bikes they sell here are just basically tall sport touring bikes.
 
New motorcycle innovation is incrementally lean. Maybe manufactures are doing as little as possible in terms of investment risk before the page turns to full-on electric tidal wave.
 
The same powertrain in a Transalp 750 model introduced at EICMA yesterday.


Also a Rebel-based CL500 twin "Scrambler", nice for its lack of plastics.


But I still like the 2021 CB350 single, air cooled, but made only for India market so far.
 
Digging the looks of the Scrambler, and watched a video on it last night. The tank looks quite small, however.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Digging the looks of the Scrambler, and watched a video on it last night. The tank looks quite small, however.
I find 'em all interesting. Of course the 2023 Honda Transalp 750 was highly anticipated over at the Africa Twin Forum, and now that they've read/seen the initial release, the interest has cooled noticably.

= = =

<-- :clap:
 
The 2023 Honda 750 Transalp continues to get critical reviews in applicable motorcycle forums and seems like it is roughly a 50/50 split, maybe even a 60/40 split for the nays.

Nobody is going ape over it, but many think the value is very good. Most Africa Twin owners either won't budge from their hernia inducing CRF1x00 models, or they are thinking of adding the Transalp to their stable for safer off road adventures. (the Africa Twins are notoriously a beast off road)

Many are disappointed that cruise control was not included. Some grumble over no tubeless spoked wheels.
 
I must be more old-skool than I realized; the Hornet just doesn't appeal to me. I still remember the 750 of yore. The UJM, and it's Brit variants are what motorcycles are supposed to look like, not like insects. But, in the field of robotics, insects are the design paradigm. I'll just keep my CB, thanks.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I must be more old-skool than I realized; the Hornet just doesn't appeal to me. I still remember the 750 of yore. The UJM, and it's Brit variants are what motorcycles are supposed to look like, not like insects. But, in the field of robotics, insects are the design paradigm. I'll just keep my CB, thanks.
I guess I'm old school as well. And, now that I stop and think about it, I've never owned a bike that didn't have a round headlight. I guess that says something about my taste in bikes.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I must be more old-skool than I realized; the Hornet just doesn't appeal to me. I still remember the 750 of yore. The UJM, and it's Brit variants are what motorcycles are supposed to look like, not like insects. But, in the field of robotics, insects are the design paradigm. I'll just keep my CB, thanks.
I guess I'm old school as well. And, now that I stop and think about it, I've never owned a bike that didn't have a round headlight. I guess that says something about my taste in bikes.
I guess I'm old school as well. And, now that I stop and think about it, I've never owned a bike that didn't have a round headlight. I guess that says something about my taste in bikes.
Round headlights rule!
 
Im the same. If a bike doesnt have a fairing, i expect a round headlight, and im younger than most in this group. Honestly i really wish we could have something like this again:



Thats beauty.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I must be more old-skool than I realized; the Hornet just doesn't appeal to me. I still remember the 750 of yore. The UJM, and it's Brit variants are what motorcycles are supposed to look like, not like insects. But, in the field of robotics, insects are the design paradigm. I'll just keep my CB, thanks.
I guess I'm old school as well. And, now that I stop and think about it, I've never owned a bike that didn't have a round headlight. I guess that says something about my taste in bikes.
I guess I'm old school as well. And, now that I stop and think about it, I've never owned a bike that didn't have a round headlight. I guess that says something about my taste in bikes.
I had an Interceptor and I loved the headlight setup on that thing. Unbelievably bright with even the low beams. Nobody didn't see me. And the brights were great.
 
Reads like a wonderful machine by the numbers

90hp at 9500 rpm

56in in wheelbase w/25 degrees rake and a tad under 4 in of trail

41 mm Showa tubes up front with 120/160 17 in rubber.

420 lb curb weight

Sounds like a fun, light, flickable raspy package…..and then comes the visual

Honda can design a bike with better aesthetics than this
 
Back
Top