Honda 750 Hornet breaks cover

tommymck_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
That's quite a conservative looking motorcycle, it's going to have to be something special to compete in the marketplace looking like that.


Don't worry- based on this HORRIBLE video- nobody will see the bike-

Don't worry- based on this HORRIBLE video- nobody will see the bike-

Good grief! Do they really see this type of person as their target market? Once they find out it had a smelly combustion engine, they will choke on their seaweed salad.
Don't worry- based on this HORRIBLE video- nobody will see the bike-

Good grief! Do they really see this type of person as their target market? Once they find out it had a smelly combustion engine, they will choke on their seaweed salad.
You guys need to get with the program. Morning briefings at the rally looked just like this video. You should have seen InhouseBob, A-Man and RickCB doing their little break dance before each ride! Mr. P performed the rap because he was the only one cool enough to pull that off.
Don't worry- based on this HORRIBLE video- nobody will see the bike-

Good grief! Do they really see this type of person as their target market? Once they find out it had a smelly combustion engine, they will choke on their seaweed salad.
You guys need to get with the program. Morning briefings at the rally looked just like this video. You should have seen InhouseBob, A-Man and RickCB doing their little break dance before each ride! Mr. P performed the rap because he was the only one cool enough to pull that off.
And then the medication wore off......
 
A funky-fresh video is great if the product is equally funky-fresh. Case in point, when the Kia Soul launched, the car was new and unique, and targeted to young people who were shopping the equally youthful and unique Scion XB. The commercials and promo videos featured break-dancing hamsters which were surrogates for, I'm assuming, young urban youth.

This video, featuring equally young, urban youths doing young urban things are shown dropping their jaws and sunglasses as a very pedestrian, bland motorcycle ambles by. I picture the Kia Soul commercial, but the car they are dancing around is a basic Corolla sedan.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
A funky-fresh video is great if the product is equally funky-fresh. Case in point, when the Kia Soul launched, the car was new and unique, and targeted to young people who were shopping the equally youthful and unique Scion XB. The commercials and promo videos featured break-dancing hamsters which were surrogates for, I'm assuming, young urban youth.

This video, featuring equally young, urban youths doing young urban things are shown dropping their jaws and sunglasses as a very pedestrian, bland motorcycle ambles by. I picture the Kia Soul commercial, but the car they are dancing around is a basic Corolla sedan.
Kia Soul was designed by a former Audi Design Engineer (in California) and to this day is Kia's most successful modern design gasoline vehicle.
 
Thread starter
I loved those commercials, although I had no interest in a Kia. Great commercials
 
Man, tough crowd.
Seems like it is priced with the likes of MT07, Z650, SV650 etc, but with much better power, suspension, tech, brakes... it would be a no brainer for me if I was choosing between them. Can't see why anyone would buy a mt07 when you could get this for the same money.
A great value bike with great specs, and looks fine to me, but I am not a purveyor of style lol.
 
This is the first bike to get it … if it does well it’s going to be used in other bikes

Rumor was a smaller African Twin and possibly a retro
 
I have to say that, looks aside, if I were to test ride one, and it was brilliant, and the price was right, the looks wouldn't be a deal breaker.
I ride a CB1100 because it's beautiful and has a soul. But, I don't need beauty to haul my butt to work every day.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I have to say that, looks aside, if I were to test ride one, and it was brilliant, and the price was right, the looks wouldn't be a deal breaker.
I ride a CB1100 because it's beautiful and has a soul. But, I don't need beauty to haul my butt to work every day.
I feel the same way, but i also know that this is Honda. The hornet is going to be billed as a relatively "premium" bike. Its going to cost more than the CB650r, which is already about 10k. Even if the hornet is only 11k, you have to consider whats for sale in that price range. I dont think it will be able to compete, and the bad styling is going to be partly responsible.
 
I feel the same way, but i also know that this is Honda. The hornet is going to be billed as a relatively "premium" bike. Its going to cost more than the CB650r, which is already about 10k. Even if the hornet is only 11k, you have to consider whats for sale in that price range. I dont think it will be able to compete, and the bad styling is going to be partly responsible.
[/QUOTE]

I saw the Hornet is going to be priced at 6999 pounds in the UK, dealers are listing the MT07 for 7200 pounds. I think it will compete just fine.
 
treedoc_imp said:
I feel the same way, but i also know that this is Honda. The hornet is going to be billed as a relatively "premium" bike. Its going to cost more than the CB650r, which is already about 10k. Even if the hornet is only 11k, you have to consider whats for sale in that price range. I dont think it will be able to compete, and the bad styling is going to be partly responsible.

I saw the Hornet is going to be priced at 6999 pounds in the UK, dealers are listing the MT07 for 7200 pounds. I think it will compete just fine.
[/QUOTE]
that sounds bizarre to me....i can't imagine it would actually be cheaper than the CB650R. How much does a CB650R go for in the UK? Honestly, If it's for real going to be MT07-adjacent price in the US I take back what I said. I just have a hard time believing that.
m in sc_imp said:
mechanically I'm sure it will be brilliant.

so was the suzuki b-king
Don't you ever let a disparaging word slip past your tongue about the vernable suzuki b-king. that's a bonafide modern classic right there. a bike for men who fight with a gentlemanly stance.

70cc667a88379197abd30c501ccbbaba.jpg
 
To be price competitive with Yamaha's $7899 MT-07, the new bike will have to be priced in the $8099-8299 range, well below the CB650R's $9299. It's a larger, newer bike than the Yamaha, and Honda usually gets away with being the highest priced in the class.

Remember, Suzuki is also building a similar engine to replace the SV650/DL650 v-twin.
 
More power, better brakes and suspension than it's competition, comparable weight and great fuel capacity and priced on the UK site right in line with it's competition. Not crazy about the styling or the inane introduction video but in the ways that count, a home run for Honda.
 
Nice bike. I think the look is current standard and the ergos are similar to the CB tho maybe a bit more pinched.

At 7,000 GBP, that's about $7,800 at Friday's close of Forex, which is really aggressive pricing. I have my doubts that it'll come in that low if it hits the US but if the USD continues it's recent strength against the Yen, it's possible.

I'd be interested in what a "Transalp" version looks like. I would like to see a more upright-styled bike with some luggage capability.
 
Back
Top