Highway Pegs

cbfan_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I'm an old guy and like to move around a lot on the ride, these pegs will entertain my legs for a couple minutes.
Not yet certain if they are keepers.
 
[
I'm an old guy and like to move around a lot on the ride, these pegs will entertain my legs for a couple minutes.
Not yet certain if they are keepers.
[/QUOTE]
Where did you find these? I'm in the same condition, old , bad knees, need to move a little. I've had this idea but I was thinking, black, same as the frame. how do they mount, can't see in the photo.
 
A buddy gave me a set of black Kuryakyn pegs but the clamps were chrome. And they didn't fit my SW Mo engine guard. I ordered a set of black Rivco clamps on eBay when they get here I will post up some pics,,,
 
Thread starter
Mounting them on engine/frame will work.
Cost at Denniskirk............$35 EBay $26
They've been around along time, I used that type back in '70's.
 
I live for, and long for, my long rides. It takes a superslab jaunt to get me to the mountains. On my Lake Superior circle ride in September, I wished for another place to put my feet.

I helped a buddy of mine sell a bike. I found him a buyer. My finders fee was a set of black Kury highway pegs. They were all scraped to hell so I rattle canned them. The clamps were chrome and 1.5 inches. My SW Motech crash bars are about 1.125 inches in diameter. So I tossed the chrome clamps in to the storage bin and scored a set of 1 inch Rivco clamps on eBay for $25 new but no packaging. I drilled the Rivco clamps out to 1.125 inches on our drill press at work when the boss wasnt looking. Rattle canned them as well and just got done putting them on the bike.


2ddc2e67ee0b7959a157912cb1501674.jpg


5eac594c848d498ba5b4d0a0a8b4122f.jpg


d43cea42c2d53c79fe20dfca8c929fd2.jpg


07f79513ff287d0da4f0d5bc85074eeb.jpg


7a0a4055944e55a3f4c563a1f3385919.jpg


Two things:
I need to touch up a few areas with a tiny paintbrush.
I need to go for a long ride and see if I have them in the right position.

and that is not going to happen till at least March 1st.

I think they will work out OK for about a $28 investment
 
So, how are those pegs working out. Can you get a little relief by stretching your legs out in front of you? Is the position comfortable?
They look great.
 
Papabear_imp said:
So, how are those pegs working out. Can you get a little relief by stretching your legs out in front of you? Is the position comfortable?
They look great.
I would really like to answer this question. But I can not. :@ Bike is still stranded in the basement. After all our snow melted, I have 6" of mud and water in my back yard! I can't get the the bike to the garage until we see some sun! Maybe I could float it out?
I will give a ride report when that happens,,,,
 
Papabear_imp said:
So, how are those pegs working out. Can you get a little relief by stretching your legs out in front of you? Is the position comfortable?
They look great.
Well, after a quick 40 mile jaunt today, I can now answer this question.

I am short 5'8" and have a 30" inseam. The highway pegs fit me very good. I can leave my feet on them or throw my whole foot over the peg and just let my legs hang for a bit. Each of these foot positions puts my tush in a different spot. I think these will help out a bunch on my long rides on desolate highways. (I never put my feet up when riding in heavy traffic)
 
Bump.
I am bumping this for a member who wants more info on my hwy pegs.
They work ok but surprising I only put my feet up for about 5 minutes at a time.
 
Back
Top