OldF7Guy_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Stealth128_imp said:[attachment=1981]
1999 Hugger 62,334 miles still have it.
Lotta miles on a sportster. Impressed. I put 35K on one and thought I was doing something.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Stealth128_imp said:[attachment=1981]
1999 Hugger 62,334 miles still have it.
OldF7Guy_imp said:Stealth128_imp said:[attachment=1981]
1999 Hugger 62,334 miles still have it.
Lotta miles on a sportster. Impressed. I put 35K on one and thought I was doing something.
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty.sanoke_imp said:124,000 miles on a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, 100,000 miles on a 2004 Honda Shadow 1100, 104,000 miles on a 2008 V-Strom 650, and almost 20,000 miles on my 2013 CB1100.

I've got 123,000 miles on my 1976 CB750F. I parked it in the shed when I purchased my 1998 VFR800 and it hasn't been started since, but I've recently started to clean it up. Maybe in a few months I'll change the oil, put fresh gas in it, and see if she'll start. I put a 636cc kit in it at 56,000 miles (I was young and foolish at the time), but the cylinders, pistons, and rings were all in spec at that time (I measured them all myself). Two exhaust cam lobes exhibited unusual wear at this time so I put a new, stock cam back in it...oh, and I've got 95,000 miles on the 1998 VFR800 (best bike I've ever owned, including CB1100).OldF7Guy_imp said:Question for you old men. I know a lot of you have had a zillion bikes over the decades. But which ones had the highest mileage when you got rid of them? Tell us about them.
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty.Pterodactyl_imp said:Whoa! I take it you are over thirty.sanoke_imp said:124,000 miles on a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, 100,000 miles on a 2004 Honda Shadow 1100, 104,000 miles on a 2008 V-Strom 650, and almost 20,000 miles on my 2013 CB1100.
Cheers.

Whoa! I take it you are over thirty.sanoke_imp said:Whoa! I take it you are over thirty.Pterodactyl_imp said:Whoa! I take it you are over thirty.sanoke_imp said:124,000 miles on a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, 100,000 miles on a 2004 Honda Shadow 1100, 104,000 miles on a 2008 V-Strom 650, and almost 20,000 miles on my 2013 CB1100.
Cheers.
Cheers. Just a tad. Been riding almost 50 years now and with the miles I've put on the bikes I didn't list I'm well over a half a million miles since I started. So how far is the moon?


Guess you could call me a motorcycle astronaut.Elipten_imp said:Moon is approx. 238,000 give or take if memory serves.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
