highest miles on a bike

The bike I rode the most was a Ducati ST2. I absolutely loved that bike, and would ride it all the time, all year. I still think it is one of the best bikes ever made, being outstanding for long distant touring, and sharp enough to really push it hard when you wanted.

Friends told me I was crazy buying a Ducati because they always break down, and are poorly built. Never had any issues, and it went through several winters when I even rode it in snow and slush etc. It had 65k KM on it when I sold it as I moved to Asia for a few years.

db404530d26474938606ae19c46af2eb.jpg
 
What's interesting it still runs like new and has the original drive belt. I will never part with it. Took a summer off and drove it from Florida to LA then to NYC and back to Florida. The amazing part was I never got rained on. Perhaps it has magical powers.

OldF7Guy_imp said:
Stealth128_imp said:
[attachment=1981]



1999 Hugger 62,334 miles still have it.

Lotta miles on a sportster. Impressed. I put 35K on one and thought I was doing something.

Lotta miles on a sportster. Impressed. I put 35K on one and thought I was doing something.
 
Good looking bike, Henrik.
 
124,000 miles on a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, 100,000 miles on a 2004 Honda Shadow 1100, 104,000 miles on a 2008 V-Strom 650, and almost 20,000 miles on my 2013 CB1100.
 
That man my friends, is a RIDER!
 
sanoke_imp said:
124,000 miles on a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, 100,000 miles on a 2004 Honda Shadow 1100, 104,000 miles on a 2008 V-Strom 650, and almost 20,000 miles on my 2013 CB1100.
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty. :)

Cheers.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Question for you old men. I know a lot of you have had a zillion bikes over the decades. But which ones had the highest mileage when you got rid of them? Tell us about them.
I've got 123,000 miles on my 1976 CB750F. I parked it in the shed when I purchased my 1998 VFR800 and it hasn't been started since, but I've recently started to clean it up. Maybe in a few months I'll change the oil, put fresh gas in it, and see if she'll start. I put a 636cc kit in it at 56,000 miles (I was young and foolish at the time), but the cylinders, pistons, and rings were all in spec at that time (I measured them all myself). Two exhaust cam lobes exhibited unusual wear at this time so I put a new, stock cam back in it...oh, and I've got 95,000 miles on the 1998 VFR800 (best bike I've ever owned, including CB1100).
 
The bikes that I've put the highest number of miles on:

99 Valkyrie 91,000
81 BMW R80GS 74,000
83 Yamaha Venture 50,000
79 Yamaha SR500 41,000
99 ATK 605 DS 35,000
13 CB1100 12,000
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
sanoke_imp said:
124,000 miles on a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, 100,000 miles on a 2004 Honda Shadow 1100, 104,000 miles on a 2008 V-Strom 650, and almost 20,000 miles on my 2013 CB1100.
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty. :)

Cheers.
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty. :)

Cheers. Just a tad. Been riding almost 50 years now and with the miles I've put on the bikes I didn't list I'm well over a half a million miles since I started. So how far is the moon?
 
sanoke_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
sanoke_imp said:
124,000 miles on a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, 100,000 miles on a 2004 Honda Shadow 1100, 104,000 miles on a 2008 V-Strom 650, and almost 20,000 miles on my 2013 CB1100.
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty. :)

Cheers.
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty. :)

Cheers. Just a tad. Been riding almost 50 years now and with the miles I've put on the bikes I didn't list I'm well over a half a million miles since I started. So how far is the moon?
Whoa! I take it you are over thirty. :)

Cheers. Just a tad. Been riding almost 50 years now and with the miles I've put on the bikes I didn't list I'm well over a half a million miles since I started. So how far is the moon?
You have made it home with miles to spare. :D
 
Back
Top