1100rider_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Me and my CB are in hibernation until next spring. Yes, I am a fair weather rider. How about you?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm with you. All my bikes are in my warm and dry basement for the winter.1100rider_imp said:Me and my CB are in hibernation until next spring. Yes, I am a fair weather rider. How about you?
Depends upon one's definition of "fair weather".1100rider_imp said:Me and my CB are in hibernation until next spring. Yes, I am a fair weather rider. How about you?

Depends upon one's definition of "fair weather".EmptySea_imp said:Depends upon one's definition of "fair weather".1100rider_imp said:Me and my CB are in hibernation until next spring. Yes, I am a fair weather rider. How about you?
I do not ride in sleet or snow,
but my bike stays fueled and ready to go.
I may not ride far when the days go cold,
but if the path is dry and my tires hold
with a low hanging sun shining gold,
I wil ride in winter until I'm too old.


+1Cormanus_imp said:Very good MTC.

metallyguitarded_imp said:I'm a young idiot at heart.
I wasn't meaning others who ride year long but just myself as an idiot, now an older idiotThe ferret_imp said:I'm still an idiot ..at 64! Lol
I missed 7 days in November, 5 of those due to a snowstorm and ridden 3 of 5 in December, so far.
Today was a great day to ride! Mid 50s and dry.Guth_imp said:Riding year-round here in Oregon is easy enough to do with rain gear and insulating layers.
Still, up until a couple of years ago, I'd park my bike for the winter and only truly regretted it during the rare really nice winter days. A sunny winter day here in NW Oregon typically means that the winds (at times rather strong) are blowing in from the east — dropping the temperature considerably.
At my workplace, motorcycle commuters are able to park in the covered lot adjacent to the office for free. Between the free parking and lower fuel costs, it's hard not to do so. Besides, in all but the crappiest weather, when I'm riding my commute is usually the highlight of my workday.