Hibernation is about over

Sam Mac_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Weather looks like it's about time to get Baby out of Hibernation. Hope to get the little black toy out this weekend. I need some seat time so bad I can taste it. :banana::excited:
 
For most, this is the best time of the year -- the entire riding season is ahead of us, with new roads to explore, and in many cases, with shiny new bikes to explore them on.

But not here. We were in the 80's this past weekend, so I took full advantage and got a lot of miles in. It was nice while it lasted! Forecast is for snow this coming Friday, Sunday, next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Come on June!
 
We're getting the 50s and 60s this weekend here in SW Michigan - with rain. After that, 40s. Yep, summer came this past winter when we had t-shirt weather and winter has not given way to spring. Welcome to the Great Lakes effect on weather. That how we roll with the weather around here.
f5128f06582a1a11880c347fcf453df5.png


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
 
Today at noon here in Ottawa
-12C with 24 KPH winds that made it feel like -21C
10F with 15 MPH winds that made it feel like -6F
I didn't bother going for my usual 1 hour walk.

Last Wednesday's 4 foot snowbanks on each side of the street are now only 1 1/2 feet high today.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Today at noon here in Ottawa
-12C with 24 KPH winds that made it feel like -21C
10F with 15 MPH winds that made it feel like -6F
I didn't bother going for my usual 1 hour walk.

Last Wednesday's 4 foot snowbanks on each side of the street are now only 1 1/2 feet high today.
Sounds like us here down in the east (insert sad smiley)
 
Yeah, spring is coming here. We expect a sunny 12°C next Sunday for our first group ride this year. 15 bikes have signed in so far.
 
The latest cold snap here (single-digits overnight) has me thinking outrageous "compensatory damages" thoughts about RC390 Cup bikes and track prepped R6's. And, of course, daydreams about 2up coastal cruising on the CB1100.
 
Got up to near 60 today, near 70 tomorrow. Whynis it always so nice when I have grandkids for 9 hours? Lol
 
70 tomorrow and my bike is in the shop. :( Should be ready by the end of the day, though, so maybe an evening ride will be in the cards.

(New rear breaks. 24k miles service. USB power outlets at the handlebar. Also, there was some question about whether running my full Yoshimura exhaust without a Power Commander or similar device would cause my engine to run rich. That does not appear to be the case.)
 
I really thought I was going to have to wait till April but... It's supposed to clear 70 and it won't rain until after it's dark. I'm in. The maiden voyage is later this afternoon with a buddy of mine. Yaho
06bd89db7aafa0bdac231465bc6390a7.jpg
o!!!

My CB1100 adds style points to SW Michigan
 
I put 90 miles in today on my first trip with the bike. I rode through 75 to 55 degree temps and back to 75 degrees again while zigzagging to and from the Lake Michigan shoreline. What a blast on my new to me CB11. 40 degree Lake MI water sucks the life out of a 75 degree day if you get close enough.

My CB1100 adds style points to SW Michigan
 
Weather has been ok here for a while. Unfortunately I had a vertabre and 2 discs removed from my neck in January,with a spinal fusion. I plan to do a reacquainted ride tomorrow. Temps in the mid- 70s .Wish me luck. 1st ride since last November.
 
Good luck o Leo. Hope it goes well.
 
Back
Top