clearviewx
Been there
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm sure they both compress, but the polystyrene definitely changes over time. In the old days I tried to keep an old Bell Star in business by putting in a new set of interior pads (I'm a cheap ba****d). The fit was still uncomfortably loose and I had to replace it.Cormanus_imp said:Are you sure it's the polystyrene? Or is the softer foam padding? Or both, I guess.
Agreed. This was in my younger, stupider days. I really wanted to keep the helmet because it had been modified with headphones so I could listen to my 8-track tape player on the roadElipten_imp said:There are somethings you should not be cheap about. I doubt one would be saying, boy I'm glad I saved a few bucks using an old, low quality, or used helmet as the surgeon drills into the skull to relieve cranial pressure.
When I was young my good friend an emergency room surgeon used to say, "I'll see if you still ride or enjoy it as much after the first bad accident you survive". Luckily it has never happened, but I am very careful. The closer I get to the goal of retirement to more careful I get.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Priorities!
Target practice? Plant flowers in them? I found this interesting use over on RideApart :metallyguitarded_imp said:I've got a couple helmets that have passed their "use by" date. I wonder if there's anything creative I can make out of them. Maybe seal the bottom somehow and cut a slot into the tops of them and give them to my boys as piggy banks? Not a very secure piggy bank seeing how they can just lift the face shield to get to the cash. Man cave decorations? Throwing them out just seems so ... unappreciative.