Hearing Aids Case, Waterproof

suhawk305

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ok, I know there is probably little interest in this thread, but there has to be others who has a spouse like I do that dragged you into a hearing aid store. What we get: "I'm tired of repeating myself!" "You didn't hear a word I said, did you?" As they say, "Once you walk into a hearing aid store, you are going to walk out with a hearing aid(s) order".
Now here I am with these new high tech. blue-tooth, app-controlled gizmos that cost as much as a new leftover CB1100E. I can't see the point of wearing these things while riding. With the hearing aids case provided, riding in a rainstorm could ruin them.
I searched and found this ADCO waterproof case that I am pretty impressed with.
From ADCO's description:
Rated to 80 feet (24 meters) underwater
Waterproof, crushproof and dustproof
1/8 inch foam lining to keep your hearing aids safe and secure
Dimensions: 4 1/2" wide x 3" tall x 1 1/2" thick
Available in black, blue, clear (with gray padding), red and yellow

ADCO's URL - Products for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
I found these cases listed on eBay and Amazon.
7b8425122fb76b9b04e1821c2e8aa917.jpg

145a46b6e96796549f05694f7f00cfb8.jpg

d6ea012f11c0975d1d805abc731e04bb.jpg
 
I've been wearing my hearing aids for a decade and half, 4th set.
Never wear them while riding, enjoying earplugs whisper silence...
Have regular, not waterproof case, if raining, I wear rain gear..just different habit..
:)
 
Sorry, I didn’t get that. Could you say it again?? :)
 
lol I need earplugs, just too stubborn and too frugal to get them.

Are you happy you got them suhawk? can you hear conversations and the TV now?
 
Thread starter
Agreed PB. Ear plugs and the muted sounds of riding is music to my ears. I avoid riding with any type of blue tooth gadgets. With my riding ability, I need to be 100% with my motorcycle. Phone calls can wait.
Ferret, I am still in the adjustment phase. The technician turns it up each visit. The brain needs to be conditioned to frequencies and sound levels not heard in years. The pros: I can actually be engaged in conversations in restaurants, hear tv better, but not perfect, better overall hearing.
The bad,, getting used to wearing them. I don’t wear them when using power equipment with ear muffs. The idea that I am aging and have to wear them. And now when traveling in a car, I can hear about past students and teachers, principals drama she experience during her 30 + years teaching music over and over again. That’s ok, she put up with me for 46 years.
Bottom line: I am glad I am doing this.
GO yes, I would not submerged my hearing aids in any case that deep.
 
Mercifully, I don’t need them. Yet. But I understand they can be very pricey, so you’re right to protect them as well as you can. Those cases look excellent.

Hope they continue to give, suhawk.

By the way, PeterBaron, popgun said, say IT again.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Sorry, I didn’t get that. Could you say it again?? :)
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Mercifully, I don’t need them. Yet. But I understand they can be very pricey, so you’re right to protect them as well as you can. Those cases look excellent.

Hope they continue to give, suhawk.

By the way, PeterBaron, popgun said, say IT again.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Sorry, I didn’t get that. Could you say it again?? :)
Why would I say IT again to him, if he did not hear AGAIN at the first place? :P
I think, I have to call him again
:beerchug::D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Mercifully, I don’t need them. Yet. But I understand they can be very pricey, so you’re right to protect them as well as you can. Those cases look excellent.

Hope they continue to give, suhawk.

By the way, PeterBaron, popgun said, say IT again.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Sorry, I didn’t get that. Could you say it again?? :)
Why would I say IT again to him, if he did not hear AGAIN at the first place? :P
I think, I have to call him again
:beerchug::D
Because he asked nicely.
 
Back
Top