Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Funny - I fully read that before posting. I usually Google before I ask questions. Thanks for the reply. I will post the official word from Yoshimura as soon as they reply to my questions. I need to fully understand the difference between these pipes before I pull the trigger . . . Due Diligence!The ferret_imp said:Hedge, I could be wrong, but I believe the smoother the bend the better the air flows. hand bent pipes use smoother radii to flow better. Whereas machine bent pipes use a more squared off bend, therefore less flow. At least that is what I have been told.
I could have that backwards according to this I found in google searching
Mandrel Bent Versus Crush Bent Piping
Another way to upgrade the exhaust piping from the catalytic converter back to the muffler is to have the exhaust piping mandrel (heat) bent instead of the conventional crush bending. As the name suggests, mandrel bends are achieved through the heating of the piping before bending whereas crush bent just literally mean that the piping is bent entirely by force. However, the main difference between mandrel bent and crush bent piping is the ease of flow. Mandrel piping keeps the pipe at a constant cross-sectional area throughout a bend which makes exhaust flow easier. On the other hand, crush bending deforms the pipe at the bend(s), which can restrict the exhaust flow. The disadvantage of mandrel bending is that it is relatively expensive, because of the costs involved in operating a mandrel bending heat machine.
I could find no reference on "hand bent" ..just Mandrel, crush and CNC

I emailed him yesterday morning - is he usually good about turnaround time on answers?The ferret_imp said:yea let us know.
The only thing I can think of is maybe mandrel bending means hand bending? and therefore it would have smoother bends, cost more and be better for performance.
At any rate looking forward to Mr. T's reply




Why did you go with that? is there a sound clip somewhere?mjezek_imp said:I have the MotoGear Black Ti on order, which according to Mr. T, will not have a problem with the oil filter or drain plug. I did not ask about center stand, since I am not using it ( too much weight ... LOL )
Why did you go with that? is there a sound clip somewhere? Here is my logic for the header:Hedge_imp said:Why did you go with that? is there a sound clip somewhere?mjezek_imp said:I have the MotoGear Black Ti on order, which according to Mr. T, will not have a problem with the oil filter or drain plug. I did not ask about center stand, since I am not using it ( too much weight ... LOL )
That's awesome news!! :banana: I can't wait for your review. Takashi is the man.Hedge_imp said:Just pulled the trigger with Mr T on the Ryujin Hand Bent full exhaust in Black. I believe that I am the first person in the US to get this exhaust for the CB1100 and as part of my deal with Mr T I have to fully review it for him and send him pictures and video of before and after.
After careful analysis of all full exhaust systems that work with the CB1100 I felt that this one would meets all my needs:[ul] [li]Black Full Exhaust[/li] [li]No Cat[/li] [li]Baffle can be removed[/li] [li]Center stand can be used[/li] [li]Oil drain plug and filter can be accessed
[/li][/ul] http://ryujin-japan.jp/service/campaign/cb1100_1.html
Shout out to Mr T - Thanks for taking the time to fully answer all of my questions and making me feel 100% comfortable with doing business with you!
Note to Forum members - Mr T and I traded about 10 emails to put together this order. He showed great respect, patience and Business professionalism fully answering me in detail all of my questions and concerns. There are a bunch of other goodies that will arrive with the exhaust system that I will review for all of you and Mr T as well.
Did your research show that the black one-piece Moriwaki and K-Factory units not meet these needs?Hedge_imp said:Just pulled the trigger with Mr T on the Ryujin Hand Bent full exhaust in Black. I believe that I am the first person in the US to get this exhaust for the CB1100 and as part of my deal with Mr T I have to fully review it for him and send him pictures and video of before and after.
After careful analysis of all full exhaust systems that work with the CB1100 I felt that this one would meets all my needs:[ul] [li]Black Full Exhaust[/li] [li]No Cat[/li] [li]Baffle can be removed[/li] [li]Center stand can be used[/li] [li]Oil drain plug and filter can be accessed
[/li][/ul] http://ryujin-japan.jp/service/campaign/cb1100_1.html
Shout out to Mr T - Thanks for taking the time to fully answer all of my questions and making me feel 100% comfortable with doing business with you!
Note to Forum members - Mr T and I traded about 10 emails to put together this order. He showed great respect, patience and Business professionalism fully answering me in detail all of my questions and concerns. There are a bunch of other goodies that will arrive with the exhaust system that I will review for all of you and Mr T as well.