Header only painted black anyone?

HBFL_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
2013 Standard. Will pull the trigger soon to ceramic coat the header by Jet Hot. Can't make up my mind between polish (i.e. The Chip Beck example) or satin black. Staintune muffler installed. I'm liking the idea of satin black more and more for some reason. The bike has a lot of stainless and chrome as it is. Some Triumphs have this half and half treatment. Any thoughts, or anyone just painted the header alone? Thanks in advance.
 
I reckon it could look great, but maybe one of our Photoshop wizards could give us an idea.
 
Pic of your bike as is?

Black headers can look great- depending on your 'attitude' you want the bike to have. You could pull off a classic early 80's Nighthawk look.

My thoughts on a simple black header is a more stripped down bike that means business.

Example-

c9e0ee50c718e658ebd8fe5528fbd379.jpg
 
Thread starter
I remember that bike well. So well done and hydraulic valve lash required no adjustments.

Actually, even though the pipes in the pic are what I remember as " black chrome" ( ala CB 1100 F, 1983 VF750 Interceptor, ...

In the pic, the muffler appears lighter, approaching the look I'm considering.

Much obliged.
 
I know what you paid for the Staintune because I have one. I also know what you will pay Jet Hot because I had my header coated the chrome color. The Jet Hot coating is a third or more of the cost of the yoshimura black exhaust. Hmmm. These are the thoughts that keep draining my bank account.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Oooooo, but its satin black not flat black....with the stainless staintune. Not a fan of the shorty Yosh needless to say.

We shall see. Thanks all.
 
I'd be interested in the final product..

I love my staintune, prolly the best add on (thx Ole). However, with some miles now the chrome finish headers have discolored a bit, which I gather is normal.. It's doesn't bother me as its kinda expected, but the staintune is still perfect.. Jet hot'ting the headers might be a nice addition..
 
Shipped my stock 2014 standard headers out yesterday. Contacted Jet Hot and turntime is 7 to 10 days. It will take them about a week to get there. So I'm looking to get them back around the week of July 4th. The quote was $265, including return freight. Shipping from California to Oklahoma was $80 ups gnd. Packing it was a pain. It should all be worth it. I'll post pics when done. They should look great with the Staintune!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Pic of your bike as is?

Black headers can look great- depending on your 'attitude' you want the bike to have. You could pull off a classic early 80's Nighthawk look.

My thoughts on a simple black header is a more stripped down bike that means business.

Example-

c9e0ee50c718e658ebd8fe5528fbd379.jpg
The '84-85 Nighthawk 750s is one of my favourite bikes!!!
 
Retsel_imp said:
Shipped my stock 2014 standard headers out yesterday. Contacted Jet Hot and turntime is 7 to 10 days. It will take them about a week to get there. So I'm looking to get them back around the week of July 4th. The quote was $265, including return freight. Shipping from California to Oklahoma was $80 ups gnd. Packing it was a pain. It should all be worth it. I'll post pics when done. They should look great with the Staintune!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Check out Chip Beck's bike which has both the Jet Hot treatment and a Staintune, The Finished Chip Beck Spec CB1100-PHOTOS
 
Yep, that would be where I saw the Jet-Hot on this forum. Chip Beck is costing money for many of us. Let's hope he keeps the ideas coming! Can't wait to see them on my black standard!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top